Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
At first I liked it but upon further reading, realized that this whole special could have been told in a few panels of the main IC book.

DC had it's revenge on us. VU was the only prequel series that had an actual ending. So far, this is the only one of those specials that did not have an actual ending.

I did like seeing a lot of villains and heroes come out of the woodwork. El Diablo?

Loose Cannon actually makes his second appearance in IC....whodathunkit?

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I could really use some annotations for the VU special. I don't know who a great deal of those people were.

(But look! Halo! How've you been?)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

I got to say that I immediately thought of Titans East when I saw that panel.

I know a lot of obscure characters but there were some that even I didn't know/remember.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved it. There was a genuine tension in this issue that just built and built. What a damn well written comic! I can't wait for the battle! The scene were J'Onn gives Oracle the list of missing heroes was as intense as it gets.

Reading comics from age 7 and having access to all DCs and Marvels since 1958 has given me the benefit of knowing all of them (well, almost all). I'll do the heroes to let you know who was who (some will be obvious):

pg. 16 - Oracle and Robin
pg. 17 - Black Canary, Black Lightning, Huntress
pg. 18 - Detective Marcus Driver of Gotham Central (shooting Croc)
pg. 21 - Vixen and Argus (Bloodlines hero introduced in Flash annual)
pg. 24 - Martian Manhunter
pg. 25 - El Diablo (not in costume yet), Geist (not in costume yet - Bloodlines hero), Manhunter, Skyrocket (of the Power Company)
pg. 26 panel 1- Halo, Arsenal, Joto (Titan), Flamebird, Sparxx (of 'Superboy and the Ravers', also Superboy's bloodlines hero when he was 'Superman'), Tin (Metal Men), purple bird (this one I don't know)
page 26 panel 2 - Crimson Avenger, Agent Liberty, Plastic Man, Black Canary, Black Lightning and Time Masters? (this one not sure of. At first I thought it was the Challengers of the Unknown)
page 27 - Green Arrow, El Diablo (now in costume), Looker (of original Outsiders), Loose Cannon (his 2nd appearance in IC!)
pg. 30 - clockwise:Hawk & Dove, former Rocket Reds, Cinnamen? (gun-slinging girl?), someone I do not know (Global Guardian?), Judomaster, Question, Nightshade, Geo-Force, Rising Sun, Fire, Martian Manhunter
pg. 31 - Lionheart (bloodlines JLE hero), Hawk & Dove, gun-slinging girl again, Black Adam
pg. 33 - Rocket Reds (now armored), Thunder & Lightning
pg. 39 - Black Alice
pg. 42 panel 1 - Black Lightning, Vixen, Fire, Odd Man (1960's Ditko creation), Flamebird, Dr. Midnight, Green Arrow, Grace, the Creeper, Steel (John Henry Iron's niece), Geist (now in costume)
pg. 42 panel 2 - Detective Turpin of Metropolis (Kirby creation), Head of Metropolis special unit recently introduced in Adv. of Superman (not sure what her name is), Razorsharp (Bloodlines hero from Robin), Arsenal, Martian Manhunter, Joto, Guardian (7 Soldiers version), Gunfire (Bloodlines hero who had own comic in 90's), Black Canary, Sparxx, Black Lightning
pg. 42 panel 3 - Mr. Terrific, Manhunter, Empress (from Young Justice), Hourman III, Faith, Question, Tin (Metal Men), Nightshade, Ragman, Metamorpho

Yes, this comic wins for having the most obscure heroes in it. Awesome.

The villains someone else could do [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
page 26 panel 2 - Crimson Avenger, Agent Liberty, Plastic Man, Black Canary, Black Lightning and Time Masters? (this one not sure of. At first I thought it was the Challengers of the Unknown)

The villains someone else could do [Big Grin] [/QB]

Cobie, I thought that was the Challengers, as well. Sure looked like them. Most of the heroes I knew but there are some really obscure villains in there.

Jamie

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.