Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
It was a cool episode. I liked the updated versions of the Super-Friends. And the Hall of Justice was a nice touch [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
and hey, Black Vulcan finally got some pants!! [Smile]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
The "Wonder Twins" codenames were Downpour and Shifter.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awwww...bugger! I missed the wondertwins!?! I love [smooch] the wondertwins!

And btw, this is one of the coolest drawings ever featuring the wondertwins! I know there's a black and white version out there but here's a colored one:
http://www.comics2film.com/DCG/DispArt.php3?f_id=13865&f_ssn=&f_fooble=3

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone see last night's new episode with the replicating aliens?

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Metal \m/
Um, active?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Metal \m/   Email Kid Metal \m/         Edit/Delete Post     
Shifter and Downpour were the Wonder Twin analogues

--------------------
I used to get high on life, but I built up a tolerance.

From: Kansas City | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Awwww...bugger! I missed the wondertwins!?! I love [smooch] the wondertwins!

And btw, this is one of the coolest drawings ever featuring the wondertwins! I know there's a black and white version out there but here's a colored one:
http://www.comics2film.com/DCG/DispArt.php3?f_id=13865&f_ssn=&f_fooble=3

Is Batman doing what I think he's doing?
[Confused]

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
He's just jealous 'cause Robin's hanging out with Wonder Woman.

Frank Cho rules.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Firebow:
Anyone see last night's new episode with the replicating aliens?

I saw The Atom get the ride of a lifetime... [Wink] [Styx]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
my new favorite catch phrase from JLU is:"I'm going to need both hands now Professor." Ray Palmer has truly been where no man has gone before!!!!! [LOL]
and if i'm not mistaken with the likes of:
the Shining Knight
the Crimson Avenger
the Vigilante
Green Arrow
the Star Spangle Kid &
Sand
in the JLU roster you've got most of the Seven Soldiers of Victory all that's missing is Sandman. i think? [Confused]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta agree... It's good to be Ray Palmer. That ranks right up there with some of the all-time great comic book related moments. Like when Big Barda in the JLA comic put on an evening gown and the gown actually turned out to be Plastic Man. Classic.

As for the rest of the episode... it seems like the animators tried to fit too much into too little time. This could have easily been a three parter.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:
Is Batman doing what I think he's doing?
[Confused]

He's recruiting for 'sidekicks' [Razz]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched "Dark Heart" (Warren Ellis ep) and "Wake the Dead"

Dark Heart:

Ow. That was bad. Very bad.

Ellis had no sense of Wonder Woman at all here. I winced at "Strength in numbers'n'all that."

And they send Atom in to... try and smash up the heart, fail, and burst it's blood vessels. After talking about "reprogramming," and how, if that didn't work they couldn't leave a bit of it alive. And Superman couldn't have heat visioned those "blood vessels" when he took a look earlier because? Even leaving aside the fact that this is a team with Dr Fate and Green Lantern on it. And what the hell is "communicating on the atomic scale" when it's at home anyway? The writer's penchant for meaningless technobabble is showing.

Despite the name, no "heart" to this episode at all. Only the powers differenentiated the characters in any way.

Painful. D-

"Wake the Dead":

Better. I haven't seen the ep where Grundy died, which may have hurt it a bit, but I caught the gist. And it's nice to see Hawkgirl back - and nicer still to see that they didn't just rewind her back to Miss Smash'em'up. It picks up well from her attitude at the end of Starcrossed. The only think I'd pick up here is that, maybe, they oververbalised her problems a bit.

On the nominal "A" plot, though, not as strong. Having Hawkgirl's mace (which she didn't actually have at the end of SC - indeed, she didn't even take one with her when she left the Thanagarian ship) be the only thing that could hurt Grundy of a team that included Dr Fate, Superman and the All Powerful Android was a bit contrived. Nice moment though when she refused to let John do it for her - was leaving it unseen whether she did it a deliberate attempt to leave it vague (my initial reaction) or just them not wanting to show her smashing Grundy's head in with a heavy and spiky object (my later, cynical reaction)?

The A-plot here isn't that much stronger than DH, but the character work redeems it where DH had none worthy of the name. Even besides Hawkgirl, the little things like Vixen's cockiness and John's wide-eyed moment on seeing Shayera again.

Plus Grundy beats the crap out of Superman. What's not to love about that? [Smile] [I wouldn't have pegged Supes as voting "no" though. The way he behaved in SC, even Bats seemed more likely. He must have chickened out when they actually came to a show of hands]

Generally good, with some glitches. B+

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Dude isn't waking the dead next weeks(ie.this saturday's)upcoming episode?

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
Dude isn't waking the dead next weeks(ie.this saturday's)upcoming episode?

Is it? I'm not American, and I just dled the ep. Obviously it's been shown somewhere.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.