Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's just an old fashioned "imaginary tale", myself. I hope they get back to the Six vs. Six plot soon.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The November solicits hint something weird might be going on, time-wise.

They also confirm the cancellation of Madame Xanadu with #29.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think they're talking about Warlord's realm, not actual time travel.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Al is right, they are going to Skartaris.

I read the Ostrander issue tonight and thought it was a solid done in one. A little rushed, but like Lash said, it was nice to get a solid story in issue. It was definitely a Suicide Squad-esque story.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to see Boomer run into Deadshot again in this book.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I read the Ostrander issue tonight and thought it was a solid done in one. A little rushed, but like Lash said, it was nice to get a solid story in issue. It was definitely a Suicide Squad-esque story.

I read that one last week and was a little disappointed. The moral of the story is the Secret Six are bad-ass and you don't want to fuck with them! No twists or anything, just pure-out S6 domination of the badguys after initially being caught unawares.

If Johnny O. does more one-offs in the future, I hope he'll stick with Deadshot-centric stories like he did last time. I'm sure given more room he could spin a yarn as good as Gail, but as a fill-in, I'd like a more character-focused story. Maybe something with Amanda Waller or Father Cramer guest starring, perhaps?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Father Cramer would be awesome to see. When was his last appearance? The Spectre in the 90's?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems like Geoff Johns may have used him at some point in JSA, but I can't swear on that. Definitely one of Johnny O.'s signature characters who I'd like to see turn up again.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WTF is going on in this book???

I've got confusion issues. What are they doing in Skartaris?

The fault is all mine I am sure... I need to do some re-reading.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No, I also zoned out for a second and have no idea what's going on. I don't think that's good for a comic like this--it needs to be accessible!

(I still love the series, but c'mon, what new reader would pick up this storyline and stick around?)

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Not really worried about new readers at this point in time. The book has a pretty stable fanbase. True, you need it to constantly grow to replace fans that leave, but its doing fine right now, so I can let a skip/break slide.

It actually reminds me of the old Wild Wild West tv show where you were always brought in in the middle with a minimum of exposition delivered in the middle of the storyline. I like it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OK I'm really not into this Skartaris storyline.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Um, Father Creamer was in the Ostrander issue of Secret Six last year that dealt with Deadshot starting to lose it (just after the Battle for the Cowl stuff).

And, the two Six teams are in Skataris because Mockingbird/Waller sent her team (Deadshot, Scandal, etc) to stop Spy Smasher's team (Jeanette, Bane, etc) from annexing it as part of the US (for still somewhat murky reasons).

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by ML LSH:
OK I'm really not into this Skartaris storyline.

Ditto. This is probably the first Secret Six storyline I haven't loved.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Ditto that too.

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.