Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I *LOVE* the Royal Flush Gang! So colour me extreeeemely pissed that they've been killed off! And by my most hated character in all of comicdom too - The Joker! Ugh!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
blacula - don't worry - we have a second set of RFG as seen in Villains United.

*gulp* I might mixed up with Matt Brady and Dan DiDio s answers since I kept hopping between two sites - one was from Dan's and another one from Matt - you could see that there are many articles regarding Infinite Crisis...so my apology to you all if I cause any confusion.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks superboymddjr - but I hate them only slightly less than I hate the Joker! The original Royal Flush Gang (well they weren't actually the original but they were the more frequent ones) were a cool, fun, not especially blood-thirsty group of villains - something you almost never see anymore these days.

And to anyone who's ever read their fantastic 3-part origin story in the old JLofA series this new group taking their name will be like a slap in the face. There's absolutely nothing fresh or interesting about them that I can tell. Tie them up with the Joker and throw all of them down the deepest well they can find!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
you're welcome....and maybe you can *hee hee* add one more to the Unknown Status:

Amethyst and Gemworld.

Spectre is really scary -- rampaging and ravaging so many magical places.

Why? Has there been any proof in the comics that Spectre has attacked Gemworld or its inhabitants? We could probably list many magical characters and locations that Spectre COULD attack, but until he actually does what's the point in listing them? This list is to keep track of the actual changes to DC characters.

Also, if Amethyst is killed, please point me in the direction of the heartless SOB who killed such a fun children's fantasy concept as Amethyst Princess of Gemworld.

[ November 12, 2005, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Haggard Lad ]

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
FYI, I decided to leave the Seven SOldiers stuff off the list until such time as we get definitive proof that this storyline is somehow tied to the events of the Crisis.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Haggard Lad:
quote:
you're welcome....and maybe you can *hee hee* add one more to the Unknown Status:

Amethyst and Gemworld.

Spectre is really scary -- rampaging and ravaging so many magical places.

Why? Has there been any proof in the comics that Spectre has attacked Gemworld or its inhabitants? We could probably list many magical characters and locations that Spectre COULD attack, but until he actually does what's the point in listing them? This list is to keep track of the actual changes to DC characters.

Also, if Amethyst is killed, please point me in the direction of the heartless SOB who killed such a fun children's fantasy concept as Amethyst Princess of Gemworld.

Why it's right in Infinite Crisis #2 - on the page next to the last page - right top column with Spectre attacking Amethyst and Amethyst weilding her power to defend herself...alongside two or three Gemworlders. Thus, that's why I said "unknown Status' - we don't know what kind of fate she does have - died or changed (like in COiE) or alive and become merged with Zerox? who knows?

Portfolio Boy - Dan and Geoff has stated a few times that Seven Soldiers will be in it and Grant will be following up on it too....also in Zatanna, she mentioned something "terrible she did" in referring to Identity Crisis...so I consider that Seven Soldiers is connected somehow.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

why - never knew that Kite Man's real name is Charles Brown! Heh!
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Why it's right in Infinite Crisis #2 - on the page next to the last page - right top column with Spectre attacking Amethyst and Amethyst weilding her power to defend herself...alongside two or three Gemworlders. Thus, that's why I said "unknown Status' - we don't know what kind of fate she does have - died or changed (like in COiE) or alive and become merged with Zerox? who knows?

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I totally missed it! Sorry to accuse you of making it up. My bad. [Smile] And now that I look at it closely, I can see her purple outfit and the yellow jem in the other guy's forhead is a dead givaway.

But I'll still be mad if they kill her off. [Frown]

quote:
Portfolio Boy - Dan and Geoff has stated a few times that Seven Soldiers will be in it and Grant will be following up on it too....also in Zatanna, she mentioned something "terrible she did" in referring to Identity Crisis...so I consider that Seven Soldiers is connected somehow.
I think they're main connection is to the post-Infinite Crisis One Year Later DCU. Morrison has said that we'll start to see this post-Crisis world in Bulleteer #2 and in Frankenstein too. And I remember seeing someone say recently that we might see a Seven Soldiers character or two in 52* which will appear after IC is over.

So, while I don't think the main Seven Soldiers plot (the Sheeda) has any relation to Infinite Crisis, I'll agree that they are connected to the aftermath and will show a preview of what the DCU looks light after IC.

But, that still makes it hard to decide if the deaths/changes we've seen in Seven Soldiers are part of the Infinite Crisis deaths/changes. Right now, I agree with Portfolio Boy.

[ November 12, 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Haggard Lad ]

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Someone from DC Board mentioned that Gail Simone confirmed Cheshire's death in VU#6 at Newsarama report??? I could not find the source...so can anyone verify this?

Also I see Byte and Bug in IC #2 when Deathstroke and Dr Psycho was talking to Calculator and Luthor....Bug and Byte were on the screen alongside Cyborgirl, Colonel Computron, and others. ???

The Top was killed by Captain Cold during the Rogue Wars....frozen then shattered like Chillbaine did to Golden Glider...the reason why - that Captain Cold did not like anyone who s a rouge gone "rouge".

Mr. Atom is his name, instead of Atom Smasher to avoid any confusion between Shazam long time foe and a giant JSA member.

Harbinger's real name is Lyla Michaels....was killed by one of the Female Furies, as if I recall correctly in Superman/Batman somewhere between #10 to #15???

Lady Quark (Tashana) was seen fighting Sinestro in VU #5...but her fate remains unseen since the last panel shows Sinestro ready to gun her down if she refuses to join the Society.

the Atom was last seen in Hawkman #46....for the last time.

You included Weather Wizard and Humpty Dumpty as possibly killed in an explosion, then you might include Ubermensch as well. ( he was the bald one who was miscolored as Captain Nazi).

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Someone from DC Board mentioned that Gail Simone confirmed Cheshire's death in VU#6 at Newsarama report??? I could not find the source...so can anyone verify this?

All I could find was this bit from the Villains United "Post Mortem":

NRAMA: Fair enough. Touching on some of the other characters who saw some major changes, you killed Cheshire. Given that she has close ties to someone else in the DCU [She’s the mother of Roy Harper (Arsenal’s) daughter, Lian], and her death will cause repercussions with him, was her death your call?

GS: I’ll just say that in the story, Cheshire screwed with the wrong guy, it’s just that simple. I love the character...she’s possibly the best evil witch in comics.

Not sure that's a real confirmation there.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, here are some more heroes that are safe from IC. This is from the Levitz-JSA chat.

"I won’t say it’s one of the more central places where ‘One Year Later’ pays off in a big way. There are a bunch of JSA members hanging around—Power Girl, Wildcat, Jakeem, Flash and Green Lantern (who I’ve always had wonderful times with), Dr. Midnite, Mr. Terrific, Star Girl, and there’s probably a moment or two of some of the others.”

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
:sticky bump:
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

[Bump] no casualties or any changes in the past week yet? *gasp* Hear that the Beetle Scarab will appear in IC #3.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Likely in order to set up the new Giffen series.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
"GIFFEN SERIES?"

Does someone need to pay a visit to the All-Keith Giffen thread with some good news??!?!?!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.