Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
you know what? after looking at DC future comics cover for this month to January....I noticed that Batman and Superman are getting beat up by villains and heroes....Superman getting clocked by Supergirl and Superman Kal-L and Batman being pinned down by Green Lantern and Green Arrow....poor Superman and Batman. At least Wonder Woman and Flash do not get beaten up.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Solications for #6 now available (courtesy of Newsarama). You can see the cover here and here is the solicitation text:

quote:
INFINITE CRISIS #6
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Phil Jimenez & Andy Lanning
Covers by Jim Lee & Sandra Hope and George Pérez
Which events in this continuing epic will lead us to One Year Later? What worlds live? Which hero dies? Retailers please note: This issue will ship with covers by Lee & Hope (approximately 50%) and Pérez (approximately 50%).
On sale March 8 • 6 of 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

If you want to see a sneak preview of the covers to Robin, Supergirl and Hawkgirl for March, just check out Newsarama.

[ December 10, 2005, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The Supergirl cover looks to be a female version of Nightwing and Flamebird (the original Kandorian versions).
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm i admit that when I saw those covers....I was not that impressed....I feel that those covers are boring or looks so bland.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what kind of spoilerish images are meant to be in those splintered shards on the cover of Infinite Crisis #6!! Does anyone really think continuity will be simplified after all this?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I think they'll try. Some fans may not be happy about it, though, if they saw the reappearance of the multiverse as the new status quo and it turns out to be a sendoff.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
The Supergirl cover looks to be a female version of Nightwing and Flamebird (the original Kandorian versions).

Not sure if this was mentioned in another thread, but that's Power Girl and Supergirl as Nightwing and Flamebird (per Dan Didio or some other DCU higher-up).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Picked up #3 a few minutes ago....not sure that I like where this is going with Kal-L and Co...but the last few pages has me floored.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
One word for #3 - YUCK!

I'm not liking this series at all.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW. [Eek!]

Click Here For A SpoilerRe: Superboy -- I always knew that goody-goody act was too good to be true!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't like this issue. Felt like I was being told to pick up other books to get the full story. Too fragmented. And I'm supposed to believe that you-know-who and you-know-who have been behind this all along? And does that make you-know-who the Anti-Monitor? [No] Not the good read I was expecting after a long day at work. I would have been better off with a good zombie book.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Turns out I was right about Luthor's identity in Villains United with my first guess. There was no other way for him to know about Pariah and Quark.

Things I don't like (so far):

Alexander's and Superboy's turn to the dark side....if all is as it seems.

Their manipulations of Kal-L.

No Ted Kord (but maybe this Jaime has promise?)

Things I like:

The Anti-Monitor!

An Anti-Matter Bomb!

Kal-L's revelation that he could have a better life with Selina.

I'm thinking that the 'bad guys' here are being manipulated in turn. Is it possible that the AM is still alive somehow and controlling Alexander through the Anti-Matter?

And the big white space we saw in Rann-Thanagar HAS to be the AM bomb exploding....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank Abin Quank has just turned 68
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Darn it! I won't get this issue until next month's shipment...

Now I have to stop reading this thread, AGAIN! [Mad]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the issue. I didn't see anything wrong wiht what is happening. It makes sense to me.

Click Here For A SpoilerEP SB is bound to go crazy/jealous seeing Conner and his life -the life EP SB belives he should had have. That could easily be manulipated by Alexander Luthor-who is still a Luthor and can nver be trusted no matter from what universe. But then again, I think this may be just a big red herring to what is really going on and who is really in charge. Maybe the Anti Monitor is still alive. Dido did say something that the COIE never really did end.

So who is on the Tower? We have J'onn, Breach, Lady Quark, Black Adam and The Ray. Apparently they need Kara and Nightshade too. What do all these characters have in common? Anyone?

[ December 22, 2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: rtvu2 ]

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

My guess? Click Here For A SpoilerEach one is a representative of the different earths...the only one I can't figure out is Breach.

Jamie

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.