Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Since we are spoiling here I adjusted the title. And since that cat is out of the bag, Luthor was Mockingbird.

But, I think it was our Luthor (the regular DCU Luthor) who was Mockingbird. The Luthor leading the Society is the Earth-1 version.

What I am unsure about is if Luthor E-1 has been around for awhile, even as the President or if he was just covering himself talking about how he appropriated the money for the spy satellites.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
(odd, I could've sworn I posted a response on this thread last night .... here it is again):

Since "Mockingbird Luthor" had the armor, I'm going with the notion that he was in "Batman/Superman" and his "there's a crisis coming" statement was the last real time we saw him until now. But that's just a working theory since I'm not totally up on Luthor's recent appearances.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's the rub how do we know which Luthor was which in any post-crisis appearance? Obviously both Luthor's knew the other was around. They could have been sabotaging each other's schemes since Byrne's "Man of Steel" for all we know.

This looks like a job for Wolfman's Infinite Crisis: Secret Files to explain.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't it make more sense for the fridge-armour Luthor to not be the DCU one?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They've both been going after the fridge armour. There was an issue of Titans where two competing groups of villains were contracted to recover it. The Society Lex is Pre-crisis, he's the one that told Psycho Pirate to go reclaim his sanity in JSA:C.

So which Lex had the fridge armour to begin with? It was President Lex but that supports neither argument.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
But, I think it was our Luthor (the regular DCU Luthor) who was Mockingbird. The Luthor leading the Society is the Earth-1 version.

He pretty much said that was the case when Society Luthor revealed that he was the "other" Luthor.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a fun miniseries- with an actual ending!

I'm a *tad* disappointed that Mockingbird turned out to be Luthor. Mainly due to a bit of 'Luthor fatigue', similar to what I felt about the Joker a couple of years ago.

That's just a personal preferance, though. The story hangs together pretty well- though the multiple Luthor's requires more explanation. Coming in the INIFINTE series, I'm sure (guess it wasn't so complete an ending, after all).

Big surprises- Knockout (bet the fanboys won't be up in arms about her 'about face'-- imagine if it'd been Catman and Green Arrow who'd been secret lovers...), Cheshire's fate, poor Parademon, Ragdoll's unmasked face.

Can't wait to see what's in store for Catman and Deadshot-- 'saints or sinners', huh? Wonder if one or both of these guys will be featured players in the '52' series? When the 'year skip' plays out, it'll be interesting to see what roles these characters will be playing in the 'new' DCU.

I still haven't quite wrapped my head around the Scandal Savage revelation. Kind of doesn't make sense in regards to the most recent Vandal Savage stories I remember.

Did VS want to protect his daughter just to keep those valuable organs safe- or does he actually bear some affection for her?

And doesn't this make her related to Roy Harper and thus to Lian?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding the two Luthors, it's not definite that one of them is pre-crisis is it? We assume because of "Infinite Crisis." But what was the deal with Luthor being in a clone body? Isn't that when he lost weight and temporarily had hair? The Luthor with the armor has the pudge of the Byrne Luthor. I'm just musing, since I'm not really up on Superman lore...(or maybe the cover is an indicator that the fake Luthor is the one from "Smallville"! Now that's a crossover...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Did VS want to protect his daughter just to keep those valuable organs safe- or does he actually bear some affection for her?

And doesn't this make her related to Roy Harper and thus to Lian?

Weren't the others that Savage harvested his descendents? That's a bit different than an actual daughter.

Is Roy related to Vandal? I didn't know that.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In the Arsenal mini a few years ago, it was revealed that Vandal was a distant anscestor of Roy. With only a few panels this series, I've become more interested in Vandal's schemes than Luthor's

I've re-read all my books this week, and VU is right behind Hawkman for my favourite. CatMan and Deadshot are the new heroes for hire. Keep Scandal and Ragdoll in the mix; Gail wrote some fine work here.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Loved this series, and I think it had the best ending of any of the minies.

Deadshot/Deathstroke: awesome! Cheshire's end: awesome! Huge kickass battle: awesome!

I would so buy a Catman/Deadshot book! I hope they stay partners and have a series. They (and Cheshire) really stole the show in this mini.

I understood it as the Society Luthor is the Earth-1 Luthor and the armor one is the post-crisis Luthor (although Reboot's arguement makes sense even though it wasn't done that way). Loved the surprise and I was totally shocked.

So Luthor of Earth-1? Pure villainy. Just when Superman of Earth-2 shows up and we have 'the real greatest hero', we now have 'the real most evil villain'. Cool!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
In the Arsenal mini a few years ago, it was revealed that Vandal was a distant anscestor of Roy. With only a few panels this series, I've become more interested in Vandal's schemes than Luthor's

Me, too-- largely because Vandal Savage hasn't been used much in the last couple of years... after a period of many appearances.

Though the updated GA villains over in HAWKMAN and the regrouped SSOSV in JLA are *really* who I want to see menace the DCU for the next few years.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
And now, from the House of (Someone else's) Ideas--

LitG is reporting this tidbit:

"FANTASY JOB

Fred Van Lente, Marvel writer for "Amazing Fantasy," has announced on the Cindy Center podcast that he's relaunching "Super-Villain Team-Up" for Marvel this summer…

I suppose the pitch meeting went like this:

"Gee, DC sure is having alot of success dusting off their 70's villain stuff... why don't WE try it???"

[Roll Eyes]

From the great minds that brought you IDENTITY DISC and yet another X-Men alt-Earth story.... jeesh...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else get the special?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
not pleased.....too many dead villains coming back alive without explanations - Capt Nazi, Amos Fortune, Bolt, and many others. i wish somebody keeps a track of every villains who s dead and who s alive. argh! [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.