Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Spoil away... as a trade reader, I know it's a risk I take.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:

While waiting nearly two weeks for this trade to reach me, I decided to pick up 49 & 50 at my local CBS (I have one now!!!). I decided, during that wait, that I will now buy each issue as they come out, as the wait between Vols. 7 & 8 was just TOO LONG! I read 49 & 50 immediately after reading the trade.

Yay! A monthly TWD buddy at last! I should be getting 50 this weekend and will post after I read it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a monthly reader too. Started with issue #40 and TWD always goes to the top of my read list. I don't have any of the trades or the time to read them. Do they include the letters pages? The monthlies are worth picking up for the letters alone.

50 was another great issue, btw. I won't spoil much, but will say that Carl is portrayed as realisitically as any child ever has been in comics.

[ August 15, 2008, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I have not gotten 50 yet, but I am now reading the monthlies. Beats waiting 6-7 months to catch up.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Number 51 is out. Wow, just wow. This guy can write. Anyone who isn't getting TWD and is tired of the crossover events, mixed up pacing, and substance over style of the big two needs to get on board.

[ August 20, 2008, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
AMEN Jerry...AMEN!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 51 SPOILER discussion follows! DON'T read this post further if you don't wanna know!

OMG. The whole phone-calls and the ultimate reveal that followed is possibly the single creepiest comics moment this year. Yes, creepier than even suicide-by-zombie.

Rick's gone off his rocker, it appears. It might very well be time for him to join the ranks of the dearly departed and focus now on his son.

Well, his son and.... Michonne, if the cover solicit is to be trusted.

I've loved her since she first appeared with her de-armed de-teethed zombie pals in tow. Yes, she needs to be the new focus...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Jerry
active

Creepy and heartbreaking all at the same time. I don't know if I feel more sorry for Rick or Carl.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As I have been blocked from Legion World at work, I've had to peruse other MBs, and found a post that displayed TWD covers 52-56 (On the Wizard MB,iirc).....

COVER-BASED SPOILER SPECULATION as well as descriptions of TWD covers 52-56 follow this disclaimer!!

Right

NOW...

Okay, so those who have read 51 have already seen what is most likely Michonne on the cover of 52. She's back! Yay!

Apparently, 3 more new castmembers are going to debut... don't recognize them from the Mayor's town but they COULD be... one's a heavyset olderish guy, one is a 'macho-man' gun-toter and one appears to be a hot young lady of perhaps (eastern) Indian descent... can't tell for sure, but she's a hottie.

MAJOR SPOILER NEXT!!!!

Dale, Andrea (YAY,she ain't dead!!), Sophia, the twins, Glenn and Maggie are coming back.

And the cover to TWD 56 may be the best yet... an obvious homage to Kevin Maguire's Justice League # 1 featuring the new cast assembled in a group shot, staring up at the 'camera' looking all badass. So we have Rick, Carl, Michonne, Dale, Andrea, the twins, Sophia, Maggie, Glenn and the 3 newbies on that cover.

I'm really excited!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I actually thought Rick going back into the house was the creepiest moment of the issue and maybe even the whole series thusfar.

I am glad to see some of the other castmembers returning, but am a little disappointed by the spoilers on that cover. This is one book that usually surprises the hell out of me, and seeing everyone on the cover kinda ruins that. Not that I'll enjoy the issue any less...but I think you can understand what I mean.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I need to make a decision. I'm a terrible trade buying fan. I haven't bought a WD trade in months and that trend will likely continue. Should I start buying the monthly and try to catch up when I can? Buy 'em but don't read 'em yet?

Your opinions matter to me Legion World--you tell me!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If catching up is the issue, Cobester, I'd stick with the trades for now. How far have you gotten? In any case, unless the pattern changes (six issues per trade), there's just one more issue to be published before the next edition. If you really want to start getting individual issues, start with 55. That should be the first issue after the forthcoming Vol. 9 trade. It'll be a good time to do so because Kirkman has promised to ship all his comics on time starting in January.

(Volume 8 will kick your ASS! [Big Grin] )

In-stock trades is a great website for great discounts on TPBs unless your CBS offers comparable discounts.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm only up to volume 3. But I like your plan. I'm a monthly kind of guy--I'll pick up #55 and get it monthly from there and then fill in trades 4-8 ASAP. Christmas is on the horizon and my parents usually get me TPBs--unless of course I decide I can't wait until then.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Frankly, I don't see how you could have stopped yourself from gobbling them up after reading 1-3!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Pesky wedding [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.