Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Solicits Thread: Now covering December 2011 (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Solicits Thread: Now covering December 2011
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing really jumping at me in Image's solicitations (though that Walking Dead cover has me a little worried). It appears that Chew, Invincible and Turf are taking the month off. Nothing new really jumps out either. So November will be a slow Image month for me.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The December 2010 solicitations are out from the various companies right now. What has really jumped out at me from all the various companies is Dark Horse's continued reluanch of the Gold Key series will now include one that has never been relaunched: Otto Binder's Mighty Samson. Binder created this after his legendary Legion/Superman run at DC Comics and it's premise is just really groovy.

Jim Shooter is reviving the franchise with the awesome Pat Ollife, who is best known for his incredible Untold Tales of Spider-Man run, as well as recent work on Spider-Man, Booster Gold and 52.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
My first thoughts are that there are a lot of Batman titles coming out in December.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It's sad (to me at least) that the Bat-titles have now become akin to the X-titles in there are so many I don't care about and will never even bother to try.

Something else I noticed in Marvel's solicits: are Black Widow and Hawkeye & Mockingbird both on hiatus in December for that crossover comic? Are they cancelled?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Another question: is Warriors Three an ongoing series? I assumed it was a mini. Considering they rank among my favorite supporting characters in all of fiction, I'll be getting either way.
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Something else I noticed in Marvel's solicits: are Black Widow and Hawkeye & Mockingbird both on hiatus in December for that crossover comic? Are they cancelled?

Their sales were in the toilet, and I believe "Widowmaker" was first announced as a crossover between the ongoings rather than a mini.

I'd be shocked if either resumed.

quote:
Another question: is Warriors Three an ongoing series? I assumed it was a mini. Considering they rank among my favorite supporting characters in all of fiction, I'll be getting either way.

Mini

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Image's "Who is Jake Ellis?" looks pretty awesome! I'll definitely be getting that in January. The premise is really cool, and I really dug Tonci Zonjic's artwork on Heralds.

Image has several really great solicits for January 2011 for both new series & miniseries and OGN's. "Infinite Vacation" by Nick Spencer (Morning Glories, upcoming THUNDER Agents) looks groovy, as does the OGN "Term Life".

Plus, Haunt is $1.99 for the start of a new story-arc--this is the comic with the guts to print a letter from the legendary Cobalt Kid!

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Infinite Vacation is on my list (only noticed it in the February solicits). Multidimensional selves!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's also a trade coming out for Fish Police, which looks kind of funny and weird. Has anyone read that series? It was also a (quickly cancelled) cartoon.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Interestingly enough, Cobalt Kid himself is appearing in an April 2011 comic!

FEAR ITSELF: THE HOME FRONT #1 (of 7)
Written by CHRISTOS GAGE, PeTER milligan & More!
Penciled by MIKE MAYHEW, ELIA BONETTI & More!
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Terror has gripped the globe and now all the world is the front line for the next superhuman conflict! America blamed Speedball for the deaths of six hundred people in Stamford, Connecticut - the event that sparked the super hero Civil War. And while some have forgiven him, he hasn't forgiven himself. But a new crisis has arisen…fear is spreading throughout the populace…and, while doing charity work in disguise, Robbie Baldwin's true identity is exposed to the people of Stamford. With the world falling apart around him, can Speedball rally the population against the new danger…or will this survivor of an old war be the casualty of a new one? PLUS: Marvel’s super agent Jimmy Woo confronts his deepest fears in an all-new, all-action adventure! Join the fight as Marvel’s top talents take you on a series of globe-spanning adventures that will test the mettle of hero, citizen and villain alike!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Marvel's April solicits

As the French would say: Le yawn.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

In addition to that, DC announced their thus far awful sounding Flashpoint "event" which features at least 14 individual miniseries. Whaaaa--?! That sounds beyond dumb.

Hard pass on the majority of them on the sheer fact that there are 14 tie-in miniseries.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
14 books in Flashpoint, and *one* of them is about a Flash? ('Kid Flash Lost')

So, uh, are Barry, Wally, Bart, Jay or Jenni going to be involved at all in the big 'Flash' event? 'Cause I sure didn't see anything about XS or the JSA...

Not that I'm the target audience. I'd *much* rather read a Max Mercury mini-series than one about a character who died 25 years ago in Crisis, and whom I miss less than Kole.

OTOH, I might take a look at Citizen Cold. I would love to see an Earth-3 (Crime Syndicate, evil JLA universe) version of the Flash's Rogue's Gallery, underground vigilante freedom fighters, allied against the vicious evil Flash of their world... Captain Cold has recently been portrayed as 'less nasty' than most villains, with a sort of code. He'd be the one most likely to be a viable hero (or, at least, anti-hero / vigilante sort).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Those 14 are only the tie-in mini-series, not the main event itself, I'd assume!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
In addition to that, DC announced their thus far awful sounding Flashpoint "event" which features at least 14 individual miniseries. Whaaaa--?! That sounds beyond dumb.

This sounds like major douchebaggery on the part of DC... I realize that after Blackest Night, they want to make a practice of having multiple mini-series "further" the main story, but really... 14 mini-series not counting the main series and some "mystery" series? It's like a parody or something you'd read in "The Onion"...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.