Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Thanks, everybody! I always feel that I buy way too many comics every week, but most of you buy even more!! Now I don't feel so bad!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I bought The Best of Dan DeCarlo vol.1 & I loved it!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH 2
Avengers Academy 1
X-Factor ??? (the latest)
Brave & the Bold 34? (the one with the LSH and Doom Patrol)

That's a big week for me. Some weeks I don't find anything I want, other weeks there's only one thing I want, so I throw it in my pull-folder and pick it up the next week, when there's more, to avoid getting dinged too much with debit card fees.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah it's 34.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
In my pursuit of having dropped a vast majority of current DC books, that leaves me enough money to start spending more riguroulsy on back issues. Today:

Superman Vs the Revenge Squad
Outsiders #11
Teen Titans #1 and 18 by Dan Jurgens
Titans #11, 14, and 21
Vermillion #1
New Titans #99
New Teen Titans #8
Robin Plus #2
Superboy/Risk Double-Shot
JLA: Rock of Ages

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Based on what is supposed tpo ship this week...

ACTION COMICS #890 (Maybe...)
FLASH #3
GREEN LANTERN #55
SECRET AVENGERS #2

Plus I'll be checkin the previously released 2nd issues of the Avengers stuff.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Flash #3
Green Lantern #55
Secret Avengers #2

maybe Action Comics #890, and Astonishing X-Men #34

From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Action Comics
Madame Xanadu
Captain America 1940 Newspaper strip
Heralds
Turf

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

X-Campus #1
Project Superpowers Chapter 2 #10
Wonder Woman #600 (Since Nei Ruffino colored one of the pin-ups I could buy it)

Old stuff

Birds of Prey #2
Sparta USA #1
Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors #6

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Flash 3
Turf 2
Action 890
WW 600
GL 55
Thanos Imperative: Ignition (2nd printing)
Invincible 73
Batman Brave & Bold 18 (on pull-list for my son)

I'm giving Action a try because new writer Paul Cornell has a good pedigree at Marvel, and I like Pete Woods' recent artwork. Hopefully, it'll make for a winning combo.

This is the first WW issue I've bought since the Phil Jimenez days, I believe. Definitely giving JMS a chance here. If I were into Gail Simone's work when her run started as I am now, I probably would've already been on board.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't been to the CBS in weeks, and I have a strict limit of $20 I can spend tomorrow... but I'm pretty sure to get LSH, DCU LEGACIES and JLI: GL and Booster Gold....

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Might as well do this while the title is still young: does anyone want a free copy of Flash #2? I'll mail it to whatever address you give me and promise not to tell your address on ebay.

I bought the extra copy by accident--I do that sometimes (I'm good for like 6 comics a year I accidently bought twice).

This could be a good entry to the series.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd never continue it after all the titles go to $4 so I'll let someone truly interested have a go at it.

Just got back from the CBS... went over my $20 limit... turns out it wasn't so strict when I realized how many must-gets were there:

$2.99ers:

BOOSTER GOLD 33
DOOM PATROL 11
JL: GENERATION LOST 3 and 4
SECRET SIX 22
JUSTICE SOCIETY 40
WALKING DEAD 73

$3.99ers:

LSH 2

LEGACIES 2

Left behind REBELS and POWER GIRL and TEEN TITANS, all of which I'm dropping/have dropped.

Added to pull-bag but didn't yet purchase:

HERALDS 2, 3 and 4
WONDER WOMAN 600

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Picked up:

Thunderbolts #145
American Vampire #1
Green Lantern #55
The Flash #3
Secret Avengers #2

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder Woman #600
Green Arrow #1

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.