Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Runaways (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Runaways
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Since I came on to this title (#1 of 'Season Two') I've really liked each and every one of these characters.

Click Here For A SpoilerIt was tough to see Gert die! Even tougher to see Chase's reaction. I suspect we'll get great characterization for Chase and I'm glad Old Lace is gone.

This is very much in the tradition of Marvel's best stuff right now though, a constant character progression. Still though to see her go though [Frown]

I'm thrilled Karolina is back though, as she's my second fave (behind Nico). I really like them all though.

Wondering where the book will go from here...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you leave out a 'not' in that spoiler, Cobie?
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops, yeah I did :eep:

Glad Old Lace is *not* gone! I love that aspect of the team!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Wheeee Joss Wheddon !!!

and Apparently Excelsior is getting its own book? retitled "The Loners" as Stan Lee owns the rights to Excelsior.

So Excited...though kinda over marvel on the whole these days.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I'm glad "Loners" is gonna happen but I can't say I'm to optimistic about Joss coming on board considering how freaking blowful his Astonishing has been. Don't get me wrong I loved it at the start but after he brought back the Rusty Russian (who was creamated for Our Lord Magneto's sake!) it went downhill so fast you'd think it was in a soapbox race.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
aorry actor lad, but i beg to differ, the return of colossus is one of my favorite moments of all comics history. tears came to my eyes and my mouth dropped open. Astonishing is the only X-men comic i buy...and i was a pretty devoted X-fan before the 90's.

but, does this mean joss is leaving astonishing? great....and where the hell are vaughan and alphona going. i'm feeling gypped. one of my two favorite titles is going to the crapper i'm sure?!?!?

besides vaughn does great dialogue!

btw: I am thinking of having a service for Gert, my favorite Runaway, you all are invited. Maybe Joss will bring back Gert like he did Colossus! we'll get a page with Chase with his mouth open instead of Kitty.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wheddon's Astonishing started great and kinda plateaued, but I can't stand to read the individual issues. I really need to read it in TPB format to enjoy it.

Brubaker on Uncanny X-men, now that is a comic I can't wait to read. I haven't enjoyed X-Men like that since reading the Classic X-Men reprint series.

Wheddon on Runaways will probably be good in attracting a bunch of readers to the series. I just hope that it won't suffer from delays and such like AXM has.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Chase's definition of 'innocent' needs some explanation, I think.

Great title-- I wish more Legion Worlders would give this a try.

I'm really, really glad that Xavin the Skrull survived and is now officially a member. Yes, a Skrull is a member of a Marvel team of heroes, without fudging on his identity.

Would it attract more readers if I mention that he spends a bunch of his time in the shape-changed form of a girl so as to keep the attentions of his lesbian fiancee?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Gertrude OR Nico? They're my favorites!!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I bought the 6th digest about a week ago and even though I knew what was coming it still made me tear up. I'll miss that character a ton.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Nico's getting her own Mystic Arcanna special:

Click for fullsize image

quote:
MYSTIC ARCANA: SISTER GRIMM
Written by C. B. CEBULSKI & DAVID SEXTON
Penciled by PHIL NOTO & ERIC NGUYEN
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Bestowed with powers she barely understands, how does one of Marvel's youngest magic users, Sister Grimm from Runaways, deal with her newfound mystic abilities... when all she wants to do is be a normal teenager?! As her parents' past comes back to haunt her, Nico Minoru learns that there may be more to her magical lineage than even she could have imagined. One look in the sacred Black Mirror sends Nico looking for answers she may not like discovering. PLUS: The final chapter of Ian McNee’s quest. Will he possess the four cornerstones of the magic? What shocking revelation does he learn about his past and what does this mean to the Marvel Universe?

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
This was announced months back, even if it's just solicited (it's set between Runaways v1 #17 & 18). See the Mystic Arcana thread (the title of which should really be despecified from the BK issue).

And it helps if you spell "Arcana" right [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Okay, Greyboot. [Razz] [Wink]

Though, really, I did just quote the solicit text [Embarrassed] ... maybe I was just channeling the misspelling from the Squadron Supreme character...? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
New writer/artist announced: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=122838

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

$#!+, already?!

I didn't realize Whedon was only on for six issues. Terry Moore should be a good fit, but Ramos? Just.... no. [Razz] This isn't a book I want looking THAT cartoon-y; I wish they were keeping Mike Ryan on the title.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.