Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers)
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
So, why was the room dark? After all, Match's flaming and non-flame-offable head was shown casting a glow in closeup'n'all...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
number 14s been out for a couple weeks now..

i liked it. but what the hell is going on? is emma evil or playing both sides...like she usually is. either way somebody needs to kick her ass. (and i like her)

and can anyone complete the roster of the new hellfire club. who/what are "perfection" and "nagasonic teenage warhead"

and why is a "teenage" warhead in the hellfire club.

kitty and peter finally together!!!

astonishing x-men lately, reminds me of claremonts first run with paul smith.

what's with the "bug room" did i miss something?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:

First of all, Kitty and Piotr are finally validated! They've danced around each other and their relationship status has been in limbo for, God... I don't want to think about how long. It's, like, finally real and undeniable. And that makes me happy. [Big Grin]

I saw this book at the local Borders and laughed out loud at Wolverines comment to them. The whole page just struck me as funny.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
ASTONISHING X-MEN #15

Whedon's really dragging out the is-she-or-isn't-she aspect of the Emma storyline, isn't he? I'm ready for a big reveal, after the build-up. Colossus should've known about Shaw's power, shouldn't he? That rang a little hollow, for me. The Beast/Wolverine scenes were funny-- with Hank reduced to savage animalism and Wolverine mentally de-aged to a little boy. Cute. Kitty's the dependable shoulders upon which the story's solution is clearly going to hinge.

A good read, but very much a middle-issue.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Loved the parallel with the first Hellfire Club story, and Kitty as bad ass is a nice contrast with her first apearances as the newbie. Colossus got his metal bum handed to him the last time be Shaw, but I guess the idea here was that Shaw pushed too many of Colossus' buttons. Was Emma playing tricks on Cyclops or do you think he really doesn't need his visor anymore?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry if some of the dates in this thread are out of order but I combined four separate Astonishing threads into this one.

And the reason for all this work? According to Warren Ellis' post today to his e-mail group it appears he and Simone Bianchi are taking over the title. Haven't seen this news yet anywhere else so I don't know if the announcement is official yet. But this may be the one thing that'll keep me getting the title after Whedon leaves.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd say it's official--

Newsarama: SDCC'07: Warren Ellis Does Astonishing X-Men

CBR: CCI: The Art of Astonishment: BIANCHI TALKS "ASTONISHING X-MEN"

and The Pulse: SDCC: Ellis & Bianchi on Astonishing X-Men

[edit note: just helping Pov with his linking issues [Smile] ]

[ July 28, 2007, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

-

--WTF is X-23 doing in that image?! [Mad]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I would hope Ellis would kill her off quick. I just don't get the appeal of Wolverine, Jr.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

One could hope, but it's unfortunately unlikely to happen...  -

(And hey, what linking issues?! [Confused] I thought I tested all three links when I previewed before posting... [Frown] )

Lightning Lad
Founder

The second link had three http's. [Smile]
Pov

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
D'OH! :Homer:
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
NRAMA: Everyone wants to know -- who's on the X-men team you're writing, and why?

WE: Oh, no, Chris. Way too early for that yet. Joss' final story has yet to play out, and I've yet to settle on my own core team.

Thought I'd point that out.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah and Bianchi said he has yet to see a script. I get the feeling it's just a promo sketch to show his drawing chops.

But, ahhh! I'm so excited. [Big Grin] I dunno how the book itself will be, but I love Ellis and (most of) his stuff. Woo!

[ July 29, 2007, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, this thread has been lost for a while eh? As usual, it's been a while between issues. Don't really know when the next one comes out but that's the thing with the quality books, they're rarely on time. And I would assume this might be the climax issue

.I love Whedon as a writer, I hope he keeps doing comics after his X-Men run is over (Besides Buffy et al.). Imagine: Whedon and Cassidy on Legion, now that would really trip my trigger!

So as to the above rumor. Has there been any more new info on Ellis writing this title? I Googled a little but didn't find much. I'm an Ellis fan and it would keep me reading an x-title. If not for Morrison and now Whedon, I wouldn't have picked one up since the 80's.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.