Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, can't find too many villains with winged fez's anymore can ya?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I hear that. It seems the fez went out of fashion for bad guys with the end of WWII.

So in one episode we get two half baked Legion tie-ins to the JLU (even though Booster wasn't wearing a flight ring) I'm definitely down for more of that.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This one was working my pause button, that's for sure.

Not being a huge fan of Booster Gold, I kept wanting to see and hear more of the larger battle.

I liked Booster here more than I have in his last couple of appearances in comics. I really wish they'd drawn in the Legion flight ring, though... or mentioned the 31st century in connection with Mordru, somehow (esp. since he's wearing *that* look... though I guess he isn't really connected *to* the Legion yet...).

I thought the last scene, with Booster kissing the lady scientist, while a lone Elongated Man looked on... or walked by? somewhat off-putting, in light of IDENTITY CRISIS.

I enjoyed the walking black hole guy (Chunk?)... esp. the encounter with the magically-animated building. That was fun. So was Skeets... at least in this small dose.

CAMEO ROLL CALL: Star and S.T.R.I.P.E., Captain Atom, Hawk, Dove, Fire, Ice, Vigilante... I know there were others in addition to the 'speaking parts' for Booster Gold and Elongated Man.

Todd

[ September 12, 2004, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Donna Trom ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
this episode totaly ROCKED!!!! cameos gallor and Booster Gold getting treated like the Roodney Dangerfield of the JLA. hey it was even cool to see Skeets. the "dissing" of Elongated Man was kind of cold but funny and it proved that even in the 21 century that Mordru is a threat not to be taken lightly. although i still have a problem taking anyone wearing a winged fez very seriously!!!
i gotta say that so far this new series has not dissapointed me, wayto go JLU!!!!

[ September 12, 2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN ]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Once I got past my Legion fan boy-ness (seeing Modru, looking for the flight ring, trying to find any other legion "easter eggs") and into the meat of the episode, I was pretty pleased.

How can you not root for the "Green Lantern" in this episode? Probably my second favorite episode of the season after the turned-into-kids one.

[ September 13, 2004, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The only drawback is that since Mordru is obviously a very serious enemy (since so many Leaguers were needed to fight him), I wish we could have seen more of the battle.

Oh well.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved they way they handled Booster, and seeing the return of Skeets was great..

And i don't know about you guys, but seeing a 7 foot tall, all-powerful wizard with a winged fez is pretty scary!! I'm not gonna tell 'im he can't wear it... [Smile]

Did ya see the 'Composite Man'?? Nice Legion nod... sure wish we got to see the flight ring though...

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DMSpeedy:
Did ya see the 'Composite Man'?? Nice Legion nod... sure wish we got to see the flight ring though...

Are you talking about the half Superman-half Batman with the Wonder Woman voice? I'm not so sure that is a nod to Legiondom. I think (and I'm no comics historian here) that the Composite Man is actually a Legion take/update on a World's Finest story that features the Composite Superman. It happened way before the Legion's Composite Durlan.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The Silver Age Composite Man was also tied into the Legion. He got his powers through some incident involving Superman's collection of Legionnaire statues. I think he was the janitor in the Superman museum and some alien hit the statue with rays that gave him all the Legionnaire's powers.

I thought it was a really fun episode. "We've already got one stretchy guy."

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Booster & Skeets made a great comedy duo in this ep. Is it just me or did Elongated Man come off as kind of a jerk?

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Wahoo! We finally got to see Kyle again in this ep. He even looked & acted more like himself. There were a bunch of new cameos. I'm intriqued with where they might go with Amazo.

[ September 19, 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: TheGreenActingBug ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Much as I liked seeing Kyle - with them finally getting his hair colour right to boot! - I didn't like the GL suit redesigns. I would have preferred it if they'd all stuck with the John-suit template.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Yeah, Katma's suit looked really odd. Like she suddenly started dressing similar to the Slave-girl Leia outfit she wore in the Despero ep last season.

--------------------
ActorLad

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazo sure seems to be showing up in a lot of stories lately. btw, that looked like a follow up story to something that had happened previously. Did I miss an Amazo vs. the JLA episode or something?
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by YellowStar:
Amazo sure seems to be showing up in a lot of stories lately. btw, that looked like a follow up story to something that had happened previously. Did I miss an Amazo vs. the JLA episode or something?

Yup - "Tabula Rasa" (although he's never called "Amazo" in the story. Or this one.).

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.