Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Is anyone else surprised by how much they like Bane here?

I've actually never minded the character and think he's become a very welcome, fresh addition to the Batman gallery of villains. But he was quickly approaching "product of his time" problems until Gail came along and just made him awesome, yet still creepy and weird.

Speaking of weird, Ragdoll's weirdness is so off the wall that you can almost see Gail grinning evilly when she writes his dialogue.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Bane is like that really creepy over protective older brother that your friend had.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I just love the scene with the fireplace. Why is it they always have those "heart to hearts" at the fireplace?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
New issue, ooooohhhh...violent Catman. Good issue, Catman has sure come a long way over the last few years.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Issue 21. Catman continues his hunt, plus we see a little of him as a kid. MAking sense of why he is the way he is.

Bane's new crew looks destined to loose a few members.

"Gone, gone, oh form of man...arise the demon..." Now that cracked me up.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As much as you want Catman to be a hero, his ruthlessness makes that just not possible. Not that we don't feel for the guy, and anyone of us in his shoes would likely act the same. He'll never be a good guy, but he's definitely someone you want to root for.

Deadshot's comment about Tom/Blake was a little revealing. When you've got Floyd worried, how far round the bend have you gone?

As for Bane's new crew, I wouldn't mind seeing them stick around, maybe be the occasional competition for the S6.

[ June 07, 2010, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Deathstorke dhould have been written more like this over the years. Catman now owns him in the coolest badass villian category.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
#21 continues to remind us how badass Catman has become. Great issue--I've said this so many times I'm like a broken record, but I love the Scandal / Catman / Deadshot / Ragdoll 'core' group, and I like that being played up here. Between Scandal, Deadshot and Catman any one of them could go a murderous rampage at any time and the other two will back them up yet be concerned.

Love that Catman didn't give Loki what he was expecting and essentially slaughtered him like his father wanted him to slaughter the jungle cat of his youth.

Looking forward to Dwarfstar's eventual murder and I'm wondering who will get to do it? My money is on Scandal but Gail isn't that obvious.

I hope Giganta sticks around and Killer Shark too.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

#22 was a great ending to this story, at least I thought.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ragdoll backed Lawson up, and it wasn't entirely a joke to him. The 'doll may have had them chopped off, but he's still got'em.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The Secret Six invade Birds of Prey:

Page One: http://heartofglitter.deviantart.com/art/SS-invade-the-BoP-page-1-163000472

Page Two: http://heartofglitter.deviantart.com/art/SS-invade-the-BoP-page-2-163000505

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

Thanks for finding that, SK.

(Must. Avoid. Spoilers.)

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, I caved and tracked down the latest story arc. It's much darker than I expected from the BoP/S6 crossover a few years back. Still, I really liked it. I'm a little sorry I didn't wait, though. I think Ragdoll's scene in #22 would have had more impact if I'd read the earlier stuff first.

Now, if my trades would ever arrive...

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Ragdoll backed Lawson up, and it wasn't entirely a joke to him. The 'doll may have had them chopped off, but he's still got'em.

'doll has had the least developement of the core four. But now we know it was all part of Gail's plan.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

It usually is. Gail's great at planning. Ragdoll's one of my favourites so far.

My books arrived!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.