Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Kitson/Fraction's The Order...SPOILERS (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Kitson/Fraction's The Order...SPOILERS
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That preview is totally awesome!

Nice work, Barry.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't wait to read it, it looks great so far!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys - I'm glad you like the look of it!

As far as the time goes - I wouldn't count on Matt sticking to any rules! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry's artwork in the TT/Legion crossover has earned DC Comics about $3,000 from me. Because of it, I ended my 15 year comics hiatus and got hooked on the whole DCU, Infinite Crisis, 52, etc., etc., etc.

Looks like I'll be mortgaging the house now to pay for an upcoming Marvel obsession.

Note to Barry: Next time insist on Target instead of Wal-Mart.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been to a Target store - that's definitely on my 'must-do' list for my next trip now! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There are three Targets in/near Baltimore. See you there in September.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

I'm already looking forward to it! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... well, I liked it. [Smile] The action was fun, the stuff with the leader guy (whose name I've already blanked on-- I'm so bad with names) was pretty sweet as and if it's wrong to love Hera, I don't wanna be right.

I'm actually really interested in a lot of things happening here. Like Click Here For A Spoilerwhy are Tony and Pepper so involved with this team? Tony seems to be stretching a bit thin these days.

The characters seem interesting enough, though I'm a bit disappointed with how cookie cutter the team is so far. Well, actually, it's more the girls. It's just... always with the nice girl, the bitchy girl and the punk girl? I'm hoping it'll go beyond the cliqué. I think I may already have a crush on the speed guy, though. How predictable, I know.

On another note-- the spark of romance seen made me laugh because, like, a second before I'd been thinking something along those same lines. I'm not really sure what to think about that.

But, anyway. The point is-- I liked it. [Smile] A solid start and I, for one, am curious to see where it goes from here. Good show!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
All right!

When I started reading this Henry Hellrung immediately reminded me of Maxwell Lord. That is until I saw him in tights. [Smile] And to tell the truth this character is pretty unique.

Not sure I dig the pantheon formula but I guess with a large cast it's a way to organize things (for the readers).

Nice to see Stark, Hellrung, and Pepper uphold the contracts. What about Pepper and Hellrung?! Nice to see she isn't with Stark but "comicbook time" wise Happy's been dead like 2 minutes?! [Wink] Oh, wait they live in the same building?! Oh, I thought she was in his place. My bad.

Pepper is Oracle now?! Don't mind it but I have to say I'm suprised.

Ok the members! Ms. Black is in tune with California?! What in sam hill? I thought their powers were Stark-related. Love Supernaut and Calamity. Hellrung/Anthem steals the show.

I think Pierce, Maul, Corona, and Avona will be back. They are too cool to let slip away.

Barry you outdid yourself on the art! Legion fans thought we saw your best work ever but you just raised it a notch. Ofcourse, I think you were born to draw hi-tech/sci-fi super-heroes which this team is. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks Ultra Jorge and Caliente!

Glad you both enjoyed the book - there was an awful lot to take in for one issue so I'm not surprised you might find it hard to remember who everyone is at this stage.

There's a lot more to each of the characters than we could show in one issue - so just as this one featured Henry - each of the next few will focus more on one of the other characters until we've got to know them all a little better.

There's definitely some crazy stuff to come! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the book as well. It'actually the only Marvel title I'm picking up.

Barry, I'm sure you can't spoil it, but I'm wondering what happens after that year of service.

Right now, the book is reminding me of another old Marvel title "Strikeforce Morituri" where the heroes got powers for up to a year and it burned their bodies out. Anything similar here?

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Glad you liked it - we've been really pleased with the response so far!

There are some similarities with Strikeforce Morituri, but the plan is our characters should survive their year. You will see what happens to some of the 'decommissioned' characters starting with issue #2.

[Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Barry!

Nice first issue. Interesting to see some of the pantheon already gone. That really establishes the rules!

Your artwork, as always was spectacular. It's just about the only thing that could get me to buy a Marvel comic these days but I need my Kitson fix! [Big Grin]

Congrats!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed this too.

I've really liked Matt's work since I first read the Fists of Science. Any guy who can write a comic with Nicola Tesla is pretty cool. And Barry's work is as good as its ever been here.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks Guys!
Glad you liked it! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.