Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
At some point, Perez does a few pages that "shows the entire history of the DCU itself" (Dan Didio). I'm curious to see these!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What? No spoilers for #2 yet? Come on! I can't pick up my issue until tomorrow, maybe.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
What? No spoilers for #2 yet? Come on! I can't pick up my issue until tomorrow, maybe.

Click Here For A SpoilerWe get to see Animal Man say goodbye to his family in the first few pages. Unfortunately, we all know that means that TPTB are setting my favorite character up to die. *sigh* [Frown]

We see New Cronus's group which is a homage to the group on the Monitor's satelitte in Crisis. The Society is stopped from capturing Power Girl by Superman of Earth-2.

The Daily Planet confirms the deaths of Doctor Polaris, Black Condor II, Phantom Lady II, and the Human Bomb. Damage is in critical condition. And Uncle Sam and the Ray II are missing.

After the Society fails to capture a Marvel Family member, Lex decides to use Black Adam for his evil scheme. The other Lex is in the arctic in the battle armor confused. Also in the arctic, Power Girl meets the rest of the Crisis crew who recap the parallel Earths, Crisis, and subsequent merged Earth storyline before PG touches the apparently dying Lois Lane of Earth-2 and regains her memories of Earth-2.

A different Booster Gold & Skeets from the future arrive on the Moon in search of "his" League apparently too late. He settles for looking for the Blue Beetle's scarab.

Joker murders all of the Royal Flush gang trying to figure out why he was left out of the Society.

Batman talks to Brother Eye and learns that the OMACs are amassing to kill Wonder Woman and the amazons for killing Max Lord.

And lastly, Superman of Earth-2 reveals that because this reality has grown too dark because its mostly based on Earth-1, he intends to remake reality so that Earth-2 is the primary world.]Here's a spoiler-filled synopsis of the issue! Read only if you can handle the truth!

[ November 09, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Quick question...have you ever seen such a HUGE endowment on Power Girl? She's gotta have some strong back muscles.
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Drouin:
Quick question...have you ever seen such a HUGE endowment on Power Girl? She's gotta have some strong back muscles.

They did seem to get bigger as the story progressed. And I didn't think that was possible.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Drouin:

They did seem to get bigger as the story progressed. And I didn't think that was possible.
Wally Wood would be proud.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Also, more Amazons get killed.

How is it that there are still any left? It seems as though every single crossover or DCU-wide event ends up wiping out dozens of Amazons...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad I decided to stop on the way home after leaving work tonight. Only two copies left at the shop (both of them the Perez cover). Love the Legion AR scene. Especially since they picked one with Garth. [Lightning Lad]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Also, more Amazons get killed.

How is it that there are still any left? It seems as though every single crossover or DCU-wide event ends up wiping out dozens of Amazons...

Perhaps they have learned to reproduce without.... er males.

Wikipedia Article

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Not while the gods still have access to their life-giving Play-Doh...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Spoiler" is in the title of this thread, but I'll give some space just to be on the safe side:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Okay, Kal-L somehow wants to replace the world we have known since Crisis with one which is tilted more towards Earth-2. I, for one would love that, but that I can't imagine DC would do it. They essentially would have to remove the Big Three from their line altogether.

On the other hand, they do have that All-Star line now...

Hey I can dream can't I?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
INFINITE CRISIS 2

spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space

ANIMAL MAN: I hope this doesn't mean bad tidings ahead for Buddy Baker and family-- funny, how I didn't know how much I'd missed this family till I see them again.
NEW CHRONUS: What a setting- I hope it survives the Crisis. Though I'm not sure I want to see Donna as primarily a space-bound hero.
POWER GIRL: an issue against the Psycho Pirate, Giganta, Mr. Atom grouping would've been more worthwhile than the last issue of JSA CLASSIFIED. Wow, was the scene between her, GA Superman, and later Lois, effective. With a Perez-drawn history lesson. Good stuff. Though I'm not sold on the latest version of Power Girl's origin, her reawakening was certainly presented with emotion (hers) and passion (the creators).
Don't know what to think yet about the LUTHOR(s) and BOOSTER GOLD developments. I *do* know that seeing the Amazons and Themyscira getting blasted once agin is tiresome. Couldn't the latest crisis-causing baddie pick on some other group?

Beautiful art... I'm surprised there wasn't an image of Phantom Lady, Black Condor and the Human Bomb impaled on the Washington Monument. Sad, sad-- but at least there's hope for the Ray, Uncle Sam and Damage.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Nightcrawler's synopsis:

I remember the narrative switching from the Batman/Brother Eye scene to the OMACs, but I didn't interpret that as meaning Brother Eye was telling Batman what the OMACs would be doing ...

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Color me surprised when Amethyst and Metal Men made a brief appearance in IC #2....that was totally unexpected. I dropped my jaw when I saw Amethyst defending her Gemworld from Spectre on the page next to the last page on the top right column. *gasp* I hope Amethyst will be alive after IC is over. *finger crossing*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Soliticiations from Silver Bullet Comics on IC #5:
"Supermen clash in IC 5:

"The DCU shakes apart as Superman of Earth 2 finally confronts our Superman. Meanwhile, heroes are disappearing throughout the DC Universe, a transformed villain returns, and the mystics of every world and dimension seek help from the very Spirit that is destroying them. Retailers please note: This issue will ship with covers by Lee & Hope (approximately 50%) and Pérez (approximately 50%)."

The Rann-Thanagar Special also looks interesting:

"Infinite Crisis is here — and the Cosmic Storm rages out of control, threatening the fate of the entire universe! While the Rannian and Thanagarian flagships each suspect that the other is responsible for the disturbances, Donna Troy must lead her team of space champions into the cosmos in an attempt to prevent total destruction. But as the war rages on, a startling discovery will be uncovered, one hero will be forever changed, and another will make the ultimate sacrifice."

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.