Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read # 5.

Stealth, Mallah's very much alive and appears on the last page double spread (complete with bandaged ear).

Well, this goes against Cheshire's most recent portrayals in the last TITANS series, but this Cheshire is SOOOOOO deliciously evil. Still not keen on the danger Lian is in.

So. Scandal's a lesbian. Trendy!!

# 5 was another great read!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cheshire appears to be very 'Cheshire' right here--what a evil, horrible villain! Despicable, but this makes her so much a better character.

The reveal about Deadshot and Catman: another thing I didn't see coming, and another great, very fitting twist!

But wow!!! Pariah and Lady Quark! DIRECT Lead in to Crisis? Does Luthor somehow remember now? Is he trying to do something involving Crisis (restore the multiverse? Use the Anti-Monitor? He must have some help, right...?)

So who is Mockingbird? Pariah makes mention of another Apex Predator on Earth, worse than Luthor, which most likely is him. It can't be a let down though, which basically eliminates the usual suspects, Ra's Al Ghul, Brainiac, Darkseid, etc. I'm a bit stumped now...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Jillikers! Totally forgot to mention the apparently-retconned-out death of LADY QUARK! YAY, she's back! Although I think she should have given Sinestro more a run for his money.

As for Pariah, the "weepy" comment made me giggle. I hope HE bites it in Infinite Crisis!

[ September 11, 2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The 'weepy' comment totally reminded me of Lardy and his Hot Summer Nights execution of Pariah [Big Grin]

I'm all for Lady Quark miracously being alive again! I once christened myself as the Lady Quark of LW for a time!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm- if Mockingbird is actually Cheshire, then she wouldn't be quite as eee-vil as she seems at this story's end. Which would be a neat twist, though I agree her despicability was delicious.

Hope #6 ends this mini with a bang.

What about Ragdoll!!!?? Gotta admire the commitment there, in a way.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Did people see the original Ragdoll in the group attacking the Secret Six?

I just hope that I am not disappointed when we do discover Mockingbird's identity. Hmm Ra's could be cool. That would make Talia a spy in the Society

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLK
longtime listener/first time caller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLK   Email SLK         Edit/Delete Post     
From the "were'nt They Dead?" Dept:

Ok, last I saw Lady Quark was dead, but wasn't Shimmer from the Fearsome Five also a goner recently? And where's Gizmo? What, we can't have more than one evil midget in a comic or something? And the last time I saw Psimon he was getting his head blown off by Brainiac back in the Crisis. Heck, the last time I saw Mallah, he blew up in Doom Patrol when he revealed his love for the Brain! (Ewww) Oh well. I don't mind seeing any of them again!

Speaking of the Fearsome Five - isn't that Dr. Light's old team? Since all of the players of the first Crisis seem to be coming back for part two, I wonder if we'll see Psimon try any tricks in taking over this Society.

Cheshire's double-cross was a really unexpected twist. I was beginning to worry that the Six were starting to appear a bit too goody for being villains. Same with Deadshot. His revelation really brought out the fact that even though we might be rooting for them, they sure aren't the good guys.

My only problem with the series, though, is that there isn't enough focus on the six leaders of the Society. I'd really like to know what would motivate a quasi-hero like Black Adam to work with a mercenary like Deathstroke and a serial rapist like Dr. Psycho. In fact, as much as I like the Psycho appearances, just what the heck is he doing with this group? Each of the others seem more civilized and orderly, but this guy is a freakin', twisted sicko. And just who the heck is Talia anyway?

Great series. Can't wait for the last issue, though I have to think that things won't go well for some of these characters. I predict a slaughter of the Six in issue 6 with only Deadshot and Cheshire making it out alive.

BTW - Mockingbird looks like he has a bald head and sort of pointy ears that stick out. My first guess would be Universo, but obviously that just ain't it. Lessee, who else is bald and has funny ears. Could it be...

Sivana?!?!?!

[ September 11, 2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: SLK ]

From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
That's an option.

Another possibility is that it's Luthor, playing both sides off against each other for his own reasons.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

They would be idiots to off CATMAN at this point. I've a feeling he'll be around for whatever ongoing spins out of this hugely succesful mini.

Sivana-- I hadn't thought of that. Good idea! Cheshire? Another wicked-cool idea.

Shimmer was returned to life BY Sivana early on in the current OUTSIDERS run, and Gizmo was killed by him also.

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well, there was a confusion that Lady Quark were supposed to come back alive in the LEGION series a while back but was cut off abruptly by the crossovers with Zero Hour.

Also Harbinger is expected to come back somehow so according to Jeph Loeb or someone who mentioned "wait and you see, there is a reason Harbinger will play a role.......".

Monsier Mallah and the Brain were brought back alive due to unrevealed circumstances in issues of Young Justice around #50.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
SLK,

Talia is Ra's Al Ghul's daughter.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Still think Monkingbird is the Joker, he also is an evil genius and could pull this off. But Sivana is an interesting possibility.

Cheshire needs to pay a price here. I hope it's painful.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

Stealth, Mallah's very much alive and appears on the last page double spread (complete with bandaged ear).

Thanks, Lash. I'll take another look at that page. I wasn't feeling well on Saturday night and I read those issues with a cloudy head.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLK
longtime listener/first time caller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLK   Email SLK         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
SLK,

Talia is Ra's Al Ghul's daughter.

Thanks, Quislet. I think I knew that but not being a regular Batman reader, forgot it. So what's her story? Is she picking up right where her dad left off? She doesn't strike me as the really evil villainess type.
From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Talia is an example of a person who doesnt choose sides, but goes where the mood - or man - strikes her.
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.