Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Runaways (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Runaways
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the little pencil sketch of Nico, Adrian Alphona did for me. I don't have a scanner these days so I had to cam the sketch.

Adrian mentioned that he hadn't really done any Cons but I believe he said he'd be in San Diego next year as well as doing some more local appearances in Toronto.

-

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
RUNAWAYS #9

Of Cloak and Dagger, I always liked Dagger more. So, of course she's the one ususally unconscious or in the background. Cloak's interesting, too. I'm glad to see him getting this attention as a guest star, here. Wonder what Charlie was going to say when he got interrupted?

I liked the visual effect of Victor's 'breath'. I'd like to get to know this character better, he's interesting.

This really is one of the better titles out there.

[ October 21, 2005, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#10's out-- featuring a guest turn by the NEW AVENGERS. The team splits up into pairs for various purposes. The interactions of those pairs are the fun and beauty of this issue.

In X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS, a new mutant is introduced that would make a great addition, or at least guest star, in RUNAWAYS. Her name's Petra, and she has earth powers. Anyone else read XDG and think she'd be a natural fit?

[ November 17, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

RUNAWAYS #12

Can't say I'm sorry to see this storyline end. Not my favorite. Cloak and Dagger sort of take over proceedings whenever they appear. Give 'em their own title, or at least another mini, Marvel.

What's up with Charlie? Is he able to instantly use any tool that comes to hand?

I like Victor. Which probably means he's about to become a huge villain. Sigh.

The new Pride needs to debut already

Mystery Lad
Advisor

RUNAWAYS #13

A band of teens done in the 'Oliver Twist' mode could've had staying power as an adversarial supporting group to the Runaways. Ah, well... it was nice to see Molly front and center. The last couple of pages were quite sad.

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Hokey Smokes! [Elastic Lad]

What a cliffhanger to #14...

Click Here For A SpoilerA teen Wilder is back... but it's not Alex. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

<Last page of #17:>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [sob]

But since all the publicity for the death of one of our castmembers has been for issue 18, I'm hoping this is a swerve thrown at us by BKV. Not that I actually want any of them to die... [sigh]

Longterm, who wants to see Karolina stay on, and her Skrull fiance/ee join up? [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

I do! I hope the pair stays long enough to at least encounter the Young Avengers in the crossover series about to start.

The meeting of Super-Skrulling and the Hulkling would be one to watch, I'd hope.

Pov

Yeah. [Cool]

I'm a bit worried that neither Heinberg nor BKV are directly involved with the crossover mini, but am willing to give it a chance for that reason alone. Hope, hope, wish, wish...

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Check the cover to Runaways/YA #1...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

If you follow the link at the bottom of this post, you can see the first three covers of RUNAWAYS/YOUNG AVENGERS set side by side, making one image.

Warning: this could very well spoil the next issue of RUNAWAYS (then again, maybe not...) It would *seem* to narrow the 'death-pool' down to three Runaways... four if the future Super-Skrull counts.

http://i6.tinypic.com/14uao0j.jpg

Koymc Dox
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koymc Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Koymc Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, sure, but they could also pull one of those "This story takes place before the events of Runaways#18 blah blah blah" deals.

I hate the idea that any of them are going to get offed. The interplay and chemistry between these characters has just been perfect.

Of course, I might have said that same thing before Alex turned traitor and got killed. I started reading with Vol.2 (I got the digests of Vol.1 later) and he was already dead and gone by then.

--------------------
"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."

Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope the end of 17 is a red herring! Maybe they could do one of those 'they died but now they're a ghost member!' thingies. Apparently BKV and Heingberg are supposed to be editorially in the loop with the crossover miniseries so hopefully stuff will make sense. Also

Click Here For A Spoilerthe Skrull bride/groom is on an upcoming cover of Runaways so looks like he/she'll be around?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

RUNAWAYS #9:

Click Here For A Spoiler Nico lives, but Gert dies. A sad ending for a distinctive character. More individual than Nico, really. At least her sacrifice will apparently result in some additions to Charlie's arsenal. I'm glad Old Lace survived Gert's death.

I'm really liking Xavin. I hope he sticks around past CIVIL WAR.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i just read the last spoiler.

nooooooooooo no no nooooooooooooo

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.