Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers)
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
....well i hope that is true because he really has a handle on her character but,

what about "kitty pryde shadows and flame" by yoshida?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
ASTONISHING X-MEN #13

I liked this-- though the subplots are a bit hard to pick up after all this time. Ah, well- there were some very nice COLOSSUS/KITTY scenes... and a hint of some strangeness ahead for THE BEAST. Those are the three characters I care about in this title.

I don't really believe Emma's a "real" Hellfire Club stalwart again. Either she's there against her will, or she's faking- on some level.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
But holy crap, what a shocker of a last page! [Elastic Lad]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Could it be Mastermind? I remember when Jean Grey/Phoenix really zapped it to him when he tried messing with her emotions...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I reeeeeeeally liked this issue. A lot, a lot, a lot. For a few reasons.

First of all, Kitty and Piotr are finally validated! They've danced around each other and their relationship status has been in limbo for, God... I don't want to think about how long. It's, like, finally real and undeniable. And that makes me happy. [Big Grin]

Also, I really enjoyed the explanation for WHY EMMA BECAME AN X-MAN. As some of you might've noticed, I'm not exactly what you would call a Morrison fan (though I did enjoy his JLA). But, of the things he did, what especially pissed me off was Emma becoming an X-Man. It's so... not who she was by any stretch of the imagination. Teacher, yes. But hero in a very upfront and in-your-face way? Not so much. Oh!! And the thing with her secondary mutation was particularly interesting as well.

Additionally, I really liked seeing Logan torturing, er, instructing the students. And the scene with Hank and Scott was just... awesome. [Smile] Of the original five, I really like that those two are still shown as friends who just... understand each other. I wish they'd do that more with Bobby instead of constantly character assassinating him.

As for the last page. Ew. Ew, ew, ew, ew, EW!! Sooooo gross. Like, damn. That was the thing I hated most about Morrison's run for sure. >< Plus the art was kinda freaky/weird and I'm more than a little disturbed. Yeeeeah...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
I reeeeeeeally liked this issue. A lot, a lot, a lot. For a few reasons.

First of all, Kitty and Piotr are finally validated! They've danced around each other and their relationship status has been in limbo for, God... I don't want to think about how long. It's, like, finally real and undeniable. And that makes me happy. [Big Grin]

So Peter is finally over that Zsaji chick he was mooning over during that SECRET WARS mini-series? About time, too! [Yes] [Smile]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Hah! Pete's been over her for a looong time. I think he dated Callisto after that, actually. >< {I can't remember if it was before or after.} But I know Petey had a thing for Rogue about 80 issues ago or so, was kinda insane for a while before that, and then there was that whole dying thing...

...yeah.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Hah! Pete's been over her for a looong time. I think he dated Callisto after that, actually. >< {I can't remember if it was before or after.} But I know Petey had a thing for Rogue about 80 issues ago or so, was kinda insane for a while before that, and then there was that whole dying thing...

...yeah.

callisto...with the eye-patch...yikes.
Caliente

I know!! Scary!!!! [Eek!] (What an ironic graemlin...)

It was after the Siege Perillous (I can't spell) thingy. Petey had no memory and was an artist, I think... >.> I don't really care to delve deeper. [Disgusting]

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

As for Rogue (aside: what's her real name?) - I know she can't help herself, but she could kill the relationship even after she gets to first base... [Shudder]
Caliente

Well, they found out that Rogue could touch Piotr when he was in metal form (yes, chucking continuity out the door, but whatever), so... yeah. She didn't really like him back, though, he was more infatuated with her. (I think she was with Gambit as per the usual.) It never amounted to anything, though, and he killed himself about a year and a half later.

Oh, and her name's Anna Raven. No, I don't like it either.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

You know, that sounds too similar to Mystique's alias (Raven Darkholme) to be just a coincidence...
Caliente

It's not, Mystique did raise Rogue. Anyway, it was just another dumb thing that came out of Claremont's X-Treme run. Personally, I'm not a fan, but... [shrug] What're you gonna do?

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Possibly do a ZERO HOUR and retcon the entire X-MAN run - and start again from scratch?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Following Piotr's break-up with Kitty in the Mid-80's, he had a brief thing with Callisto after losing his powers/memories in the Siege Perilous storyline and Callisto having her face transformed by Masque so she looked like a human. Thus, I don't think Peter knew who she was. He was just an artist in Manhattan then. When the Shadow King reverted him to Colossus, that relationship (if indeed, it was) was never mentioned ever again.

Petey had some back and forth with Kitty over the course of the 90's in Excalibur, but nothing really came of it. He spent many years with the Acolytes so we never saw him.

The Rogue thing occurred when Claremont had his return (which was dreadful) and was mentioned like five times though never really ever shown. When he died, it was forgotten and has never been mentioned since--a good thing, b/c as Cali said, it threw continuity out the window and didn't work.

I'm loving the return of Astonishing X-Men. I can't for the life of me see how anyone could think the other two X-books could compete with this one. It's in a whole other league.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.