Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Six #17, Danse Macabre Part 2

The Good

- Loved the fight between Tiger and Catman. Shoulda figured on the "winner" and the end scene with these two. Very well done fight that gives both fighters their due.

- The other fights going on in the book were alright. The Bane/Vertige/Nightshade/Aloice was pretty entertaining.

- Liked the Jeannette/Ragdoll/Virtuosa fight was well done. So Jeannette is a Banshee...would have been nice to know that last issue.

The Boring

- No real Deadshot action his issue.

- The Waller stuff was boring, not necessarily bad.

The Bad

- Concluded next issue??!?!?!?! I just bought two issues to not get the story that should have been wrapped up in the first one? At least the main thrust of it should have been...not to have it spill into a three issue arc with another comic. Suicide Squad was a one shot. Should been read like one. I am really peeved with them for this...so peeved in fact that I'm sure to be getting the next issue just to prove how upset I am! [Wink]

Seriously though...a three issue arc from a one shot is pretty low. Even if it is good.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
sorry, I'm not only loving it, but seriously wouldn't mind it going bi-weekly and switching off issues.

Hell, I'd like it even more if they just gave Johnny O. the squad again, and Califore' has been doing some great stuff since the first time i saw him long, long ago. A very underrated artist.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightshade should be in the JUSTICE LEAGUE. Period.

A stint in the relaunched BIRDS OF PREY would be welcome, too.

She's got a great look, an interesting power and a relatively unexplored backstory to make things pop.

I liked her face-off with Bane.

I also enjoyed the Virtuosa/Jeanette/Ragdoll/Fiddler sequence. Some funny lines and a fight scene. Same with Catman/Bronze Tiger.

Month in and month out this really is a twisted pretzel of a read... salty with just a bit of sweet.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nightshade v Bane - best bout of the book. Right up until Black Alice stepped in and took her powers. It would be nice to see Nightshade used more.

Bronze Tiger v Catman - I don't like how it ended, but it sure was a great fight to watch. You knew these two were going to be bloody and brutal.

The Wall v Scandal - to hell with fighting, these two women show they are committed and no slouch in the strategy department.

And the best of it all - Virtuosa/Jeanette/Ragdoll/Fiddler make music and mayhem. It fun match ups like this that make this book a great read each month.

And Gail nailed everyone of the characters. Even the briefest appearances- Flagg and Deadshot- gave us something.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just bought Issues 15 and 16 of this and really enjoyed them. Especially Issue #15.

It doesn't get much better than Deadshot and Rev. Cramer talking. Ostrander should have the Squad again monthly.

Issue #16 was good, and I feel that I at least have some clue as to Alice's power now. Which would have been helpful while reading the Suicide Squad issue.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If the Suicide Squad won't be granted it's own series, I really wish it could be a back-up in this one. Especially given the revelation towards the end of #18.

Like Calafiore's art quite a bit. I've always thought he'd be a good match for LSH.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Issue 18 was another great issue. Gonna probably be picking this up on a regular basis on this point.

Part of the reason is the revelation at the end...I really want to see how that plays out.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I kid you not, each month I giggle like a kid when reading this book.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Ragdoll's comment about The Atom (Adam Cray) was hilarious.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I read the final two parts of the Suicide Squad crossover tonight. There is just so much good to say about this story from character interaction to pacing to art to awesome hilarious scenes. But really, all I can think about is how awesome it was to see Deadshot blast Waller! And I like Waller--but that was still freaking awesome!

Great, great job by Simone and Ostrander. Maybe this is finally what DC needs to get more people willing to check out an Ostrander driven Suicide Squad title after the recent mini did so poorly.

Ceej is right Dev, each month there are jokes like this. Ragdoll is comedy gold. And Lawton is good for at least one hysterical comment each issue.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Lawton just shooting Waller was perfect. You know that he can shoot someone to kill, or not as the case warrants.

As long as money holds out, I'm on board. Always liked Deadshot and Catman seems to have a lot of potential. Ragdoll is great. Getting used to the rest of the cast, but everyone has there role.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
For me personally, the cast is Deadshot / Catman / Scandal / Ragdoll and the rest are just rotating through (granted Bane has been here quite awhile). I think those core characters will really pull you right in and looking for more each month.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Another great issue. The uneasiness the rest of the team has with the relationship that is developing is hilarious. Ragdoll is by far the funnest character to read...since you really never know what he is going to say next. A Butterfly...

Great ending...looking forward to next issue...why isn't it out yet?

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

So Ragdoll gets a little violent. He's always fun, and the connection between him and Black Alice just adds more humour to the mix. In true Secret Six fashion.

And now Catman has to wrestle with his conscience and his past. With such a great cliffhanger, I don't know how they expect us to wait a full month.

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Catman runs over Deadshot with a caddy.

[Smile]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.