Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Freedom Fighters (spoilers) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Freedom Fighters (spoilers)
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
IF Miss A's death stands-- I'm only about 49% convinced it will-- then I will fully regret purchasing this mini.

I have grown to despise the Red Bee. I don't even WANT her back now, mind control or no. She seems pretty aware of her own actions to me.

I'm interested/scared to see hw this ends.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the quick writeoff of Miss A seemed a bit hasty... a couple of panels and BOOM??? She's been dead before. It won't stick.

And Red Bee will have a lot of apologizing to do if she ever regains her own will. "Sorry about forcibly mating with you and then trying to feed you guys to the colony..." I don't think Hallmark has a card for that (so much for their "card for every occasion" slogan).

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I just checked the DC website, and noticed Miss America is on the cover of USatFF #7, so she didn't stay dead for long. She could be DC's answer to Jean Grey!! [Wink]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Justin Gray posts from time to time at the Comicbloc website. He made this cryptic comment about Miss A's fate:

"Miss America is no more but Joan Dale returns next issue. "

Hmmm.

In #6, we get an origin for Neon... a new role and costume for Happy Terrill, a tragic and yucky lab accident,a cool moment for Human Bomb, and more Red Bee weirdness.

I'm beginning to agree that she might be unsalvageable.

I hope the trade of this sells-- I know I'll push it at the book store where I work.

Maybe trade sales would convince DC to publish another FF mini-- hopefully one debuting in a less crowded season?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Miss Cosmos?

Red Bee a victim of mite infestation herself? Makes sense, I suppose. Can we (the readers) trust her now?

Looks like the Freedom Fighters have grown with the addition of their replacements to their ranks?

Happy Terrill really 'shone' this issue, I thought. I liked the use of color.

All that's left is the Doll Man story, right?

Sheesh- this oughta be an ongoing.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

*Very* quick wrap-up. With a somewhat downer of a denouement showing the various dispersed heroes living their own lives.

Not a downer to *them*, I suppose. I actually appreciated Uncle Sam's 'they need their time' comment, especially with the knowledge that they're going to be appearing in (hopefully *starring* in an issue or two or at the least heavily featured in) FINAL CRISIS. With the proviso that there's not yet another gut-the-Freedom-Fighters scene.

Ms. Cosmos, in particular, needs some clarification. As does Neon. Now, wouldn't that make a fun BRAVE AND THE BOLD issue? There seemed to be a spark between the two, for a second there.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I really liked Miss Cosmos... DC is lacking in mega-powered femmes.

As for the mini itself, I'll need to re-read the entire thing. I don't think I hated it but I don't think I loved it either.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

No, me either. But there's *so* much potential there, that I really wish that an ongoing was scheduled. I'd rather read more with these characters than many others that get featured month in and month out.

I hope Morrison leaves them relatively intact when he's done with FINAL CRISIS, in which they're supposed to play a part, I believe.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the major things that irked me about this was the art. I HATE, HATE, HATE when an artist continually copies panels over and over again, even if they think its helping tell the story a certain way. It distracts me and reeks of laziness. Considering the story wasn't anything to write home to Mom about, that certainly didn't help.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

But would you buy an ongoing or a third mini?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Before this mini it would have a definite yes. Now I'd really have to think about it and the wrong artist could actually kill the deal for me.

But its partially my own unfair bias lately. I feel like I've been 'had' by DC too many times in the last 2-3 years.

Still, all the things are in place...cool characters I like, writers who can be really great upon occassion...now it would just need to actually deliver. Like Jonah Hex does (also done by GreyPal) each and every month.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So a Freedom Fighters ongoing in Sept?!?!?!

By GrayPal?

Interested?

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm going to check it out for sure.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
same here. I actually tried to buy some back issues of their run from the seventies. Got about five.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to read this!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.