Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate it. Sigh, not Kimi's greatest moment, and not the greatest fight scene ever. How exactly did Doctor Light drain her anyway? He just absorbed her powers?? It just seemed a bit too easy - Kimi absorbed a sun's power once!

I believe that the Monitor stole his powers and transferred them when he created her. I'm not sure if this is a retcon or the original intent.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Such a waste of some really great characters.

I know! Reading through this thread made me sad. I would much rather see stories featuring these characters than to see them killed off. In death, they serve as a short-lived shock moment, but in life they could star in a mini-series or team book or something. They have too much potential to be killed off!
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
A little elaboration about Poison Ivy and Jason Woodrue's inclusion. The story where Pamely falls for Hush (Tommy Elliot) and has him cure her of her plant powers and poisons so they can be together only to wind up dead, leads directly into the following issue, BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #66. In that issue, Deathstoke and Talia of the Society use Hush to save Prometheus from the poisoning he recieved from Jenna (a Poison Ivy redux). They want Prometheus' key, which has the power to unlock time, space, everything. The whole story will continue in JSA CLASSIFIED #5 and is a IC tie-in. Prometheus is said to be in a "stable" condition at the end of issue.

What confuses me is that Jason Woodrue appears to be human and murdered in the story, but shows up as plant-like Floronic Man in JLA. Even though I collect every DCU title, I don't remember a story of them being seperated.

Man, the Gotham Knights writer really annoys me. I'm glad that most other DC writers seem to be ignoring what he does.
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Anyway, I was reading the DC boards the other day (not a member, just pop in there once a month or so) and found a thread discussing GA 54. One poster mentions that Geoff Johns posted the ff:

Regardless, I was just talking to Keith Giffen about ideas for Doctor Light II. There are fairly interesting plans for her and they're all good.

And Gail Simone also posted that she was planning to use Kimi in BoP. But the plans were pushed back a bit, unfortunately.

But hey, there's a lot of reason to hope now [Smile]

Yay! I'm glad that Winick didn't kill her off (as it would've been really easy to do). Now, it's possible for her to still be used in stories, and it appears that some writers already have plans for her. Once again: yay!

Updates of my own:

Dead Villains
AMOS FORTUNE (Head sliced in half by blast from Virtuoso in VILLANS UNITED #6.)
Status Unknown
HUMPTY DUMPTY (Humphry Dumpler) (Possibly killed in explosion in VILLAINS UNITED #6.)
WEATHER WIZARD (Mark Mardon) (Possibly killed in explosion in VILLAINS UNITED #6.)
Transformed Villains
BLACKBRIAR THORN (name unknown) (Body destroyed by Spectre in DAY OF VENGEANE #1. Currently in the process of growing a new body in DAY OF VENGEANCE #4.)
New Villains
MISTER TERRIBLE (name unknown) (Introduced in VILLAINS UNITED #5.)
RAGDOLL III (_____ Merkel) (Son of Ragdoll I, first appeared in VILLAINS UNITED #1.)
SCANDAL (Scandal Savage) (Daughter of Vandal Savage, introduced in VILLAINS UNITED #1.)
VIRTUOSO (name unkowwn) (Introduced in VILLAINS UNITED #5; possesses violin once owned by the Fiddler.)

And I don't think Crime Doctor should be listed as dead. In VU #6, Luthor mentioned that his "A-number-one torturer" was in a coma. I assumed that he was refering to Crime Doctor.

[ October 18, 2005, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Haggard Lad ]

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't care if she's hot...VIRTUOSO just as lame as Fiddler. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Shouldn't we add the Supermen of America to the Unkown list? It appears they were taken out in OMAC #6 but it's a bit vague.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Supermen of America are already on the Status Unknown list.

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe you can add Copperhead as deceased? That Shadow Thief is kind of getting involved (you mentioned Monocle on the list..) They started all way back to the Identity Crisis..so why not included Copperhead?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
add Silver Ghost to the New Villains list too...this is the first time Uncle Sam mentioned him in Infinite Crisis #1 since Post-Crisis. He was last seen in Crisis #9, as if I recalled correctly. If I am wrong, then has to be SSSV #14 or #15 as last seen (more than 25 years!)
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Isn't the current Manhunter hunting down Copperhead?

Jamie

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought she'd knocked him off in the first issue of her series.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Manhunter Killed Copperhead by blowing off his brain and tongue.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

More to add to the list (I know you are gonna hate me for this!) heh:

Cheetah I - Priscilla Rich (from Wonder Woman)
the Top - Roscoe Dillon (from Rogue Wars - the Flash)
Vigilante I, Gimmix, Whip II, LIttle Boy Blue, Dan the Dynomite (all in 7 Soldiers)
Dr. 13, Ibis, Taia, Timothy Ravenwind (in Zatanna)
Smartbomb ( in Nightwing)
Skeetz (I know...call me sentimental fool.) ( in Countdown to Crisis)
Harbinger (Superman/Batman)
Ferrin Colon and Doc (Adam Strange)

By the way, Black Condor's real name has been confirmed as Ryan Kendall.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stratum:
Isn't the current Manhunter hunting down Copperhead?

Jamie

MANHUNTER #15 is a flashback issue.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Maybe you can add Copperhead as deceased? That Shadow Thief is kind of getting involved (you mentioned Monocle on the list..) They started all way back to the Identity Crisis..so why not included Copperhead?

Monocle's death is related to Infinite Crisis because he was sent by the Society. Copperhead's death is unrelated to Infinite Crisis (though it's a shame he had to die).
quote:
add Silver Ghost to the New Villains list too...this is the first time Uncle Sam mentioned him in Infinite Crisis #1 since Post-Crisis. He was last seen in Crisis #9, as if I recalled correctly. If I am wrong, then has to be SSSV #14 or #15 as last seen (more than 25 years!)
But would that make him a new villain if he's been seen before?
quote:
The original Cheetah? Where'd she show up?
quote:
Vigilante I, Gimmix, Whip II, LIttle Boy Blue, Dan the Dynomite (all in 7 Soldiers)
Dr. 13, Ibis, Taia, Timothy Ravenwind (in Zatanna)

Eh... I don't think these relate to Infinite Crisis. Plus, I'd wait until Seven Soldiers is officially over to declair any of them dead. Some of the deaths of Vigilante's team were kinda vague... and Morrison said he'll deal with that event starting in Bulleteer #2.
quote:
Harbinger (Superman/Batman)[/qb]
Her death happened way before Infinite Crisis began, but I guess it relates because Donna assumed her role.
quote:
Ferrin Colon and Doc (Adam Strange)
And I'm not sure how these deaths relate to Infinite Crisis either. If Infinite Crisis changes brings them back or something, then sure.

[ October 23, 2005, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Haggard Lad ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Haggard Lad:

quote:
The original Cheetah? Where'd she show up?
In the Wonder Woman/Flash team-up a few months ago, the Golden Age Cheetah was killed by the current Cheetah (aka the Silver Age cheetah, not the guy cheetah from a few years ago).

This relates to Infinite Crisis, b/c Rucka used it to establish that Wonder Woman is willing to kill if need be. And it also showed the beginning of the Cheetah/Zoom alliance (aka Zoom joining the Society).

Harbinger should count, b/c many of the early plots of Superman/Batman directly relate to the current DCU (and yeah, the Donna Troy thing).

If you count the Adam Strange mini as a lead-in to the Rann/Thanagar War (which it kinda is, and kinda isn't), then Doc and Ferrin Colon count. Also, the very concept of the Darkstars itself was destroyed in that issue, as it was stated somewhere that they were the only ones left.

So far the people who we know most likely will not die are: the Ray, the female Dr. Light. *Gulp*

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't the guy's name Colos or something instead of Colon?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.