Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I kinda wish the first issue had been a little less... graphic. I mean, did we really need 3 different pictures showing Phantom Lady being impaled on Deathstroke's sword? I think the single silouhette image was horrific enough. And, call me crazy, but I would think that Bizarro hitting Human Bomb once or twice would have killed him. Did we really need like 6 panels to do this?

I guess I'm just a little old fashioned. I mean, the deaths in COIF were moving, without being overly explicit. I hate this new trend in comics where the violence has to compete with mainstream video games and movies in terms of graphic violence. I understand the need, I guess, but I still feel a little sad about it. I miss the old days when I would have let my niece and nephew read any of my comics. Now, I have to really pick and choose carefully.

Plus, I feel a little... let down, I guess, that the new Freedom Fighters never really got the chance to shine anywhere before most of them were killed off. Heck, they never really got much chance to shine in their final battle. I would have liked to see at least a mini-series with them at some point. Instead, you just get the feeling of "well, we need to show how horrible this crisis is going to be, so let's roll out the cannon fodder that we never really used anywhere." Heroes should die heroic deaths. This just felt like quick murders.

Such a waste of potential... [Frown]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I kinda wish the first issue had been a little less... graphic. I mean, did we really need 3 different pictures showing Phantom Lady being impaled on Deathstroke's sword? I think the single silouhette image was horrific enough.

Maybe if she'd been stabbed in the head instead of just under her ample, exposed cleavage... [No] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frio
Conflicted...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frio   Email Frio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rjbrande:
My overwhelming reaction to IC #1 is: eh.

I second that. Which is too bad because I really do love Geoff Johns as a writer. I just felt like too much was happening and I was really, really confused by a lot of it. I'm hoping it'll get better.
From: Chillin' on Earth baby | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't say I'm too impressed. Also have to agree that there's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world...why Phantom Lady?

And wasn't Deathstroke a borderline hero in the Nineties?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Newsarama's got a preview up for Perez's cover to IC#2. [Love]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
My god but that man can put alot into a cover... [Love]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow...Jim who?

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stratum:
Wow...Jim who?

Jamie

Ditto man....
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

That one cover lists so many important moments...he is the master.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Including three different versions of one in particular. Arguably THE most important moment in DC history.

Wondering about the sliver over PG's left shoulder... of her and Wildfire...?! Unless that's a reference to JLA v.1#147...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Including three different versions of one in particular. Arguably THE most important moment in DC history.

Wondering about the sliver over PG's left shoulder... of her and Wildfire...?! Unless that's a reference to JLA v.1#147...

Yeah, I picked up on those moments fairly quickly.

Isn't that scene of her and Wildfire from the Original Crisis? Both of them were in the group that went back to the beginning of time to fight they Aunti-Monitor.

Jamie

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
WILDFIRE!?!?! I can't believe I didn't spot that the first time I saw the cover! Now I can't wait to see if these scenes are incorporated into the issue itself!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

I'm betting if they are, it's only in flashback.

Oh and BTW (from the Marv Wolfman chat on CBR):

Azrael52: Didn't I read that you're doing a story in the "IC Secret Files and Origins?" Excited?
marvw: Yeah, it's a 44 page story that actually explains every DC continuity alteration for the past 20+ years. It's a crucial linchpin story for the "Infinite Crisis."

Jamie

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, that glimpse of the old Legion HQ sooo made me love that cover.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I
quote:
Originally posted by Stratum:
I'm betting if they are, it's only in flashback.

Oh and BTW (from the Marv Wolfman chat on CBR):

Azrael52: Didn't I read that you're doing a story in the "IC Secret Files and Origins?" Excited?
marvw: Yeah, it's a 44 page story that actually explains every DC continuity alteration for the past 20+ years. It's a crucial linchpin story for the "Infinite Crisis."

Jamie

Didn't DC announce that Perez was actually doing some interior pages for IC itself. I think issue 2 is supposed to contain the first of these.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.