Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still not feeling this book, but I'll give it another issue.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay guys, do yourselves a favor and read issue #3 before giving up on this book. I was disappointed in issue #1 and not completely on board with #2, even though Mirror has been shaping up into a decent villain.

Nightwing is the guest star in issue #3. The chemistry between Barbara and Dick is as strong as, perhaps stronger, than ever. We get some backstory that helps explain the relationship. I choked up a bit before it was all over. The best comic book I read this week.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh, I've liked this book since issue #1.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree-- #3 was a good comic. The Barbara/Dick relationship is going to be even more more important than ever if DC's going to stick to their stupid guns and keep Dick's two closest friends, Wally West and Donna Troy, out of continuity. Which would be an argument for a strong nonromantic friendship between the earliest Bat kids if it weren't for the palpable chemistry that Jerry mentioned above.

I'm looking forwarding to seeing Flamebird interact with either or both of the pair somewhere down the road, after the events BATWOMAN.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
#4 was another strong issue. I was worried about this series when the first issue came out, and I thought it was weak. Batgirl takes the prize for most improved of the new 52. Barbara's relationship with Alysia has my interest. We get a little more backstory on Barbara's recovery. The battle with Mirror is being executed well, and we get a surprising new addition to the cast. Gail gets bonus points for good planning. We get a Christmas scene in a book that is released in December. The art is approaching excellence.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Read BATGIRL 8, skimmed only on 9.

I'm not sure what I am wanting out of a Barbara Gordon BATGIRL comicbook, but I have decided that this isn't it. With 9 (and 10) being Batfamily crossover issues, now seems a good time to drop it.

Life's too short to be vaguely dissatisfied with a comic and to be skimming ones you pay 3 dollars for. I'm out.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.