Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Agents of Atlas (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Agents of Atlas
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It's a fun read.

I read my store's preview copy of #5 yesterday, and while i won't give details, it does have a more serious tone.

Leonard Kirk said on Newsarama recently that Marvel will bring the AoA back after the mini but he isn't sure how yet. I hope that works out.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
*now-gratutious bump for #5*

-

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Leonard Kirk said on Newsarama recently that Marvel will bring the AoA back after the mini but he isn't sure how yet. I hope that works out.

We'll see (don't call it AoA though - that's indelibly locked to Age of Apocalypse in my head [Smile] ). After the way Livewires, new-Scorpion, etc disappeared or nearly so after their first appearances; I'm not holding my breath.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well this issue brings up a question we've all seem to ask. Is this Venus the same as the one in the Marvel greco-roman mythos.

Click Here For A SpoilerShe isn't. Interesting. She was a siren of sorts that was given human form.

Namora fantasizing about Namor? huh? Aren't they cousins?! I know, I know...so are Blackbolt and Medusa. Wierd.

Also it shows Namorita calling her mom. I wonder if they are going to retcon Nita being a clone of hers?

And I can't wait to find out what the heck Atlas is!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Also it shows Namorita calling her mom. I wonder if they are going to retcon Nita being a clone of hers?

Namorita gestated in Namora's womb for X months (don't want to say nine without checking), grew up relatively normally (as opposed to accelerated aging) and didn't know she literally had no father for yoinks. She wasn't grown/aged to adulthood in Cloning Machine X, and didn't have Namora's memories Ben Reilly-style. Why WOULDN'T she have called Aquaria her mum?

And, on the other thing, given that both Namor and Namora are sterile (ergo the need for cloning in the first place), would any genetic relationship actually matter in the first place? The taboo exists to prevent inbreeding, after all.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

And finally, the final issue:

-

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't know Namora carried Nita.

I wonder how Namora being back will affect Civil War, Namor, etc? I hope we get Nita back somehow.

Anyways, this last issue? Man I gotta say it was a bit confusing.

They really didn't want to keep it simple, huh? Woo is now the what??? This mini may have had more retcons than any other one. So anyways I am ready for a regular series. It was fun.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I loved it. Didn't see the big reveal coming either.

There were plenty of retcons, true, but when you're dealing with characters this old and this minor, you can get away with it. Proof that a retcon can be a good thing after all.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Any word when it's coming to trade yet? I'd actually like to read the series I've been "pimping" like mad. [Smile]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

They're doing a hardcover first with the first appearances of the Yellow Claw (and Jimmy Woo - same story), Venus, Marvel Boy, Human Robot, Namora and Gorilla Man thrown in

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I just can't wait for the "Agents of Atlas vs. Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E." crossover mini! It'd be worth it just for the Machine Man/ Human Robot stretchy-limbed throwdown!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I'd get that.

I wonder if the eventual TPB will have the same bonuses as the hardcover.

--------------------

Reboot

From the writer & artist of the AoAt mini:

MARVEL ADVENTURES: THE AVENGERS #14
Written by JEFF PARKER
Pencils and Cover by LEONARD KIRK
Remember your history - The Avengers didn't thaw out Captain America, and Kang the Conqueror became Master of the World throughout all time. To make a brighter future, our heroes have to go to the 1950's and enlist the help of The Agents of Atlas!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99
IN STORES: 2007-06-27
 -

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
cool!

What's the deal with "Marvel Adventures"? It's a more kid friendly line in its own universe right?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

More kid-friendly line, yes, but there's no "universe" - each MAdv title is completely independent of the others (so MAdvSpidey Spider-Man is no more the same as MAdvAvengers Spider-Man than he's the same as MU Spider-Man or UltU Spider-Man), and there are strict limits on reuse of stuff like minor characters between issues of the same series.

--------------------

Reboot

Okay; #1, it looks like the MAdvAv14 story might be delayed a month till "Giant-Size Marvel Adventures Avengers #1". No idea why...

Otherwise...
quote:
SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #4
Written by JEFF PARKER & CHRIS GIARRUSSO
Penciled by LEONARD KIRK & CHRIS GIARRUSSO
Cover by LEONARD KIRK
Peter Parker has a wonderful evening lined up for Mary Jane that starts with a horse carriage ride to a popular Broadway show. But then the stage magic becomes terrifyingly real and it's Spider-Man who has a date– with the secret super team known as The Agents of Atlas! Also, an all-new Mini Marvel tale, and classic Spider-Man tales!
All that plus Spider-Man J!
104 PGS./Rated A …$4.99

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.