Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » EDE's Quick Showcase Reviews! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: EDE's Quick Showcase Reviews!
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep...I hated that...good campy stories, and they were getting better, then...nothing. Blech.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
For EDE's Titans Showcase reviews, head over to the Titans forum!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

You know... I always thought that there was something missing in my life. Then I started reading the adventures of the crew of a tiny M-3 tank haunted by the ghost of confederate general Jeb Stuart during the Second World War, and life was good.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so the really weird thing about Haunted Tank is that, in most stories, the ghost really doesn't do much, other than show up and give his descendant some vague warning about the events of the coming day. These warnings are kind of like daily horoscopes, as they can be interpreted in numerous different ways, and most of the story will revolve around the younger Jeb Stuart thinking he'd figured out what the ghost meant three or four times before he actually does.

Sometimes, though, the General does something cool like drive the tank himself when all the crew are knocked out or fight with the ghost of Atilla the Hun.

[ June 24, 2006, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Eryk Davis Ester

So, I've finished Haunted Tank. It really is amazing how some of the Showcase volumes I've enjoyed the most have been the non-super-hero volumes. I probably would never have read this series if it hadn't been printed in this format, but I'm really glad I discovered it.

I've started reading Superman, Volume II, as well. Thoughts on that coming soon!

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I just preordered the Challengers Showcase for 50% off with this month's subscription order.

I haven't read any of the originals, and it's Kirby, so I'm looking forward to it.

Still need to get a slow month so I can pick up the Jonah Hex Showcase. [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I still need to pick up the JONAH HEX as well.
Pov

It's criminal that I haven't done so already... I've always liked DC's Western heroes, and Hex in particular, even if I wasn't a regular reader. I -am- collecting the hell out of the current series by GrayPal.

I'll just have to suck it up next month and squeeze the JH Showcase into my order.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, you know how celebrities these days are constantly getting married for 48 hours and stuff? Well, Superman and his friends pioneered this kind of behavior decades ago! They're constantly getting married, only to have the marriage annulled or their spouse die the day after the marriage. Yet another way in which Silver Age comics are far more ahead of their time than most people acknowledge!
Pov

[LOL]

(Happy Birthday, btw! [Cool] )

Eryk Davis Ester

Finished reading the second volume of SUPERMAN the other day. Lots of goodness.

Picked up ELONGATED MAN today. Will probably work on finishing TEEN TITANS before I get to it.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm about half way through the House of Mystery Showcase (laggard!). Some of the stories are a bit hokey, but not many; all the art is great. All those Neal Adams covers - and a few Alex Toth gems. Favourite cat story: Mr. Shadow, the secret financial consultant. Favourite story overall (so far): Gil Kane, drawing his own demise, after denouncing hack writers and evil editors.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so I've actually been reading the ELONGATED MAN instead of getting back to the Titans. And all I can say is... what the HELL were DC thinking killing Sue Dibny? This would be such a cool series to revive in the new DCU, with Ralph and Sue travelling around solving mysteries and visiting different corners of the DCU.
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, I picked up the new BATMAN Showcase, which I've started reading. I've also picked up the JONAH HEX volume, but haven't got to it.

And I'm still plodding through the last few issues of TEEN TITANS...

Eryk Davis Ester

The Death of Alfred!

The classic first appearance of beloved Bat-character Aunt Harriet!

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.