Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » All Star Superman (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: All Star Superman
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was great.

I'm not sure what it means that I had to explain to several people at my comic shop that Morrison hadn't up and made Olsen transgendered.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"...and then the inimitable Lex Luthor opened up the floor and shook hands with a baboon in a Superman suit..."

This series continues to be incredible!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lex Luthor is the smartest man on Earth, except for the one...

But you can tell that Clark was at the very limit of his guile to stay that one step ahead of him.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
any other supergirl fans notice "Nasty" at the end as the old supergirl foe and Luthor's neice? are we getting an all-star supergirl guest-star issue? can the LSH be far behind???

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't realise Nasty was a pre-established character. Where/when did she first appear?

P.S. Still loving All Star Superman! As EDE says - it is incredible! Absolute comic goodness in every issue!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
check out this link for more obscure info on "nasty"...
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/obscure/n.htm

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Thanks GN. What a great site!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
This book is amazing. Distilled on every page is the stuff that makes Superman and his supporting cast fun. It's just an amazing accomplishment, and a welcome alternative to big event storytelling.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Looks like Bizarro for ASSM #7!!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Looks like Bizarro for ASSM #7!!

Which now won't be out until Feb. 14, 2007.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I doubt that it makes that date. ASSM #6 isn't due out until early January.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, this breaks my heart to hear. [Frown]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Planetary and Rising Stars killed it for me. Both good books, but the interminable wait was too much for me. I'm not sticking around for books like ASSM or ASB&RTBW.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Even though I just ranted and raved about how I wasn't putting up with delayed books anymore after the bitter disappointments that were the Seven Soldiers finale and the last 10 or so Planetary issues (which took about 4 years to come out)... I <whisper> have no intention of dropping this book. Its just too damn good! The fact that every issue is a self-contained story is a big help too! Waiting months between issues is much more palatable when there's nothing important you need to be remembering.
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is possibly one of my favorite books out there right now. It's one of the few titles I pick up and actually have a feeling of satisfation when I'm done. I don't think I've read and actual Superman comic in decades prior to this (and that goes double for that deplorable Death of Superman fiasco). But Morrison and Quitely are one of my favorite teams. Hell, I'd even read Teen Titans if they were doing it.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.