Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » DC Going Essential - Showcase Presents B&W Collections (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DC Going Essential - Showcase Presents B&W Collections
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
With a book as colorful as "Captain Carrot," I just can't see myself buying this in black and white. I'd love to pick it up as a show of support for new projects (I know one is in the works), but I'm just not interested in seeing it b&w when I've got the color back issues.

So, if you're reading this, DC, I will buy new "Captain Carrot" stuff!!!!! But if you want me to buy old stuff, put it in color!!!!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
According to the Bug Archive, he was in Supergirl #16 (1984). Never saw this issue, but it appears to have been more than a cameo.

There were also the Secret Origins and part of the Lobo series (the only good thing about the Lobo series, IMO). Are we up to 400 yet? [Big Grin]

Supergirl #16 was a pretty unremarkable issue. The AB portion of the plot involves him thinking the SG is Big Blue affected by Red K. I may be wrong, but I don't think it was written by Giffen, so doesn't feature his signature brand of humor.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You should pick up the Jonah Hex one too Lash. I think you'll enjoy it.

D'OH! I -knew- I forgot something on my IST order... [No]
DC's resoliciting the first Hex volume to coincide with the release of volume 2 in November. They're both going on my September DCBS order... yay, me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the Showcases (haven't missed one yet). But I'm onto my third shelf already. Gonna have to give them their own bookcase soon.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I just got my fifth, the Adam Strange Showcase. I can't get over how good the artwork is throughout, especially for the time it was published. Infantino was in his prime, and Murphy Anderson are part of the reason why! [Drool]

This volume has me itching to see if these have been collected in an Archive... I'd love to see these stories colored. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:

This volume has me itching to see if these have been collected in an Archive...

Two volumes, up through Mystery in Space #80. I can get them for $33 each with free shipping off Amazon. [Cool]

At roughly 230 pages each, though, the Archives are still 5 MiS issues short of the SHOWCASE volume... at almost 4 times the cover price. And almost 8 times what I paid for mine with DCBS. [Smile]

[ August 22, 2007, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got both the Archives. Paid $25 each for them.

For me, it's worth it to have the stories in color.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got the Adam Strange showcase, too. The artwork really is breathtaking, and I think that everyone here probably knows by now that my favorite stories are ones that are set in outer space.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
quote:
You should pick up the Jonah Hex one too Lash. I think you'll enjoy it.

D'OH! I -knew- I forgot something on my IST order... [No]
DC's resoliciting the first Hex volume to coincide with the release of volume 2 in November. They're both going on my September DCBS order... yay, me! [Big Grin]
CANCELED!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
CAPTAIN CARROT and his AMAZING ZOO CREW!!!

-

Collects CC&tAZC 1-20, plus the 8-pg. insert from New Teen Titans #16. Estimated shipdate 9/26/07. [Cool]

CANCELED!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Also canceled (or delayed for a later date if to be believed):

* Showcase Presents: The Great Disaster Featuring The Atomic Knights And Hercules VOL. 1.

*Showcase Presents: The Suicide Squad Vol. 1.

* Showcase Presents: Secret Society Of Super Villains Vol. 1.

Pov

WTF?! [Mad] [Confused]

Any official reason given Scooter? [Frown] And are they still going ahead with the second Teen Titans volume?

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Why is "in September" still in the title? [Confused]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:

Because no one ever edited my first post from 2005.

quote:
WTF?! [Mad] [Confused]

Any official reason given Scooter? [Frown] And are they still going ahead with the second Teen Titans volume?

No reason given. I posted in the Titan thread but it was moved up to October. And the Metal Men was moved to 9/26 (not sure of the original date). The following three titles were added for publication:

quote:
* Showcase Presents: World's Finest Comics Vol. 1 TP collects stories from Superman #76 and World's Finest Comics #71-111, written by Edmond Hamilton, Alvin Schwartz, Bill Finger, Jerry Coleman and others with art by Curt Swan, Dick Sprang, John Fischetti, Stan Kay, Charles Paris, Ray Burnley, Sheldon Moldoff and others.

Showcase Presents: World's Finest Comics Vol.1 is a 552-page black and white trade paperback with a cover price of $16.99, and is scheduled to arrive in stores on October 17.

* Showcase Presents: Sgt. Rock Vol. 1 TP collects stories from G.I. Combat #68 and Our Army at War #81-117, written by Robert Kanigher and Bob Haney with art by Joe Kubert, Jerry Grandenetti, Irv Novick, Russ Heath, Ross Andru and Mike Esposito.

Showcase Presents: Sgt. Rock Vol. 1 is a 544-page black and white trade paperback with a cover price of $16.99, and is scheduled to arrive in stores on Nov. 14.

* Showcase Presents: Supergirl Vol. 1 TP collects stories from Action Comics #252-281, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #40, 44, 46, 51 And 52, Adventure Comics #278, Superboy #80, Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane #314, and Superman #123, 139, 140 and 144, written by Otto Binder, Jerry Siegel, Robert Bernstein and others with art by Al Plastino, Jim Mooney, Curt Swan, Dick Sprang, Kurt Schaffenberger, Wayne Boring and others.

Showcase Presents: Supergirl Vol. 1 is a 528-page black and white trade paperback with a cover price of $16.99, and is scheduled to arrive in stores on Nov. 28.

In addition, the Showcase Presents: Teen Titans Vol. 2 TP which will now has a new in-store date of Oct. 31. Showcase Presents: Teen Titans Vol. 2 is an 512-page black and white trade paperback with a cover price of $16.99. This title collects Teen Titans #19-36, Brave and the Bold #83 and 94 and World's Finest Comics #205, written by Bob Haney, Mike Friedrich, Neal Adams, Robert Kanigher, Steve Skeates and Marv Wolfman with art by Gil Kane, Neal Adams, Nick Cardy, George Tuska, Carmine Infantino, Sal Amendola, Dick Dillin, Jim Aparo, Wallace Wood and Joe Giella.

Info from Comics Continuum (who obviously no nothing about changing the title tag in their HTML).
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:

Because no one ever edited my first post from 2005.
Yeah, I know. I was trying to figure out a way of saying "that needs changing" without getting shouted at [Wink]

quote:
Info from Comics Continuum (who obviously no nothing about changing the title tag in their HTML).

ComicsContinuum don't know Firefox exists (long pages, like the solicits, truncate in FF). And they compress JPEGs to beyond an inch of their life.

Having every page's <title> as just "Comics Continuum" is the least of their problems.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.