Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Uncanny X-Men (Spoilers!) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Uncanny X-Men (Spoilers!)
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kinetix:
Which might be part of why... She could have a lingering childhood crush on "Unca Kurt". And didn't she also kill him as a Hound?

Nah. Kurt and Amanda died when soldiers blew up the Mansion. Rachel was one of the few survivors.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Which might be part of why... She could have a lingering childhood crush on "Unca Kurt". And didn't she also kill him as a Hound?

Nah. Kurt and Amanda died when soldiers blew up the Mansion. Rachel was one of the few survivors.
Actually the both of you are kind of right. Due to the Phoenix Force's futzing with her memories she did "remember" killing Kurt dispite what actually happened. Or D'spare caused it, I'd check the issues if I knew where they were. The point is that she did have a false memory of that happening at one time.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
My entire Excalibur run is sitting right behind me. I should check. [Wink]

Either way, there's angst, I'm sure.

Because she's an X-Man. =)

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
My entire Excalibur run is sitting right behind me. I should check. [Wink]

Either way, there's angst, I'm sure.

Because she's an X-Man. =)

J

Actually, what I was referring to appeared in, IIRC, a fairly early issue of New Mutants. I know Sienkiewicz was doing the art at the time.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i thought it was in uncanny xmen too. i remember j.romita jr. drawing kurt and amanda walking illyana to the bus stop and they all were shot.

the issue where they kill the dire wraiths at forge's and rachel freaks out later when she overhears that jean grey is dead.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
well...the story line with betts is looking up. the part where she's in her mind and wondering why things don't look right got me curious. we will see i guess.

uncanny x-men 456.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for #458

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for G-Man   Email G-Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm liking Betsy's budding relationship to X-23. I'm glad she's back. I'm curious what they're doing with Jamie Braddock -but Claremont is back in his bad habit of having plots on the backburners for months or years.
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of liked this issue. I usually enjoy what stories I've read that are set in the Savage Land-- I tend to like Marvels' fictional settings like SL or Attilan or Wakanda.

For the first time, I took Brainchild seriously. He makes a fun opponent. Does Vertigo *ever* speak?

The whole dino-Rachel thing is kind of interesting, but at the same time quite annoying. Maybe she'll keep some aspect of the transformation once the whole shebang's over?

I like the way Psylocke's written so far. You can tell she's a favorite of Claremont. Though I *still* can't quite get over the body-switch thing from years and years ago...

I don't like Bishop's dialogue for some reason. Something about it just doesn't ring true.

I've read somewhere on the board that Cannonball and Magma are going to be featured in this X-title sometime soon. Hopefully, that won't be only in a pretend reality from HOUSE OF M. With any luck they'll be taking the place of X-23... who ain't doing a thing for me.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bi-Polar Boy
sometimes up, sometimes down

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bi-Polar Boy   Email Bi-Polar Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A couple of X-Men clips I think you'd get a chuckle out of.

For those over 30 years of age....
For those under 30 years of age....

--------------------
Any concerns about the content...live with it.

From: in a lithium haze | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Applicant

Prefer X-23 to Sam -he never really appealed to me at all. I'm liking X-23 better with her blossoming friendship with Betsy.

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Cerise or Lifeguard. Their powers are more interesting than Magma's.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Polar Boy v2.0:
A couple of X-Men clips I think you'd get a chuckle out of.

For those over 30 years of age....
For those under 30 years of age....

[ROTFLMAO]

Hysterical! The best part has to be Wolverine's Canadian accent!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Applicant

Those were great cartoons. My favorite part was Emma and Jean's confrontation. Now that's what I'd like to see in the comic. A good old fashioned (Dynasty -Alexis and Crystal) cat-fight.
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
UNCANNY XMEN 460... spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

...in keeping with the title of this thread, Juggernaut and Nocturne make their return, joining Psylocke on the comeback squad. The other recent X-prodigal, Colossus guest stars here, too.

The reunion scenes were welcome, if somewhat curiously timed. If I were more of a Rachel fan, I'd be more excited about her extensive POV scenes.

In fact, Rachel, Bishop and X-23 bore me. Storm, Nightcrawler and Sage getting more emphasis would make me happier.

Ah, well-- with rumored post HOUSE OF ME membership shake-ups, it's all moot.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooooh, stuff with Rachel?

YAY!

Want my last two weeks of comics...

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.