Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Runaways (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Runaways
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Not often perhaps, but I have heard both used (all be it rarely) for friend-love.

It's a stretch, and you're admitting here it's a stretch.

quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
It could be refering to just a simple crush, IE one where you don't really want to date the person, you just have a certain admiration for them.

Smitten, maybe, but "a love truly true"? And this is several years after the fact - Lockheed debuted in Uncanny #166, and this is somewhere around Uncanny #273. If it was just a crush, he'd have been over it by this point.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Probably but his original "crush" could of just matured into a good friendship with Kitty. Remember we haven't really "gotten in his head" since then. Most writers don't realize he's his own complex character and not just "Kitty's dragon". Not that I couldn't keep talking about Lockheed but we should probably go back on topic.

So do y'all think Chase should stay just driving "Frogger" or get a new gadget so he can go back to being "in the trenches" with the rest of the troop?

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Aw, that whole Lockheed speaking in rhyme issue of EXCALIBUR has bothered me ever since it came out. What I always enjoyed about the lil' guy was knowing what he was thinking without needing to know exactly WHAT he was thinking. His mind was so alien that Professor X couldn't read it, so that one story always struck me as needlessly silly... like fitting dragonwings on a tomato, if you will... [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It was, as a footnote informed you, "loosely translated from dragontongue". And, although Warren Bloody Ellis later (bleep)ed it up, it's actually established in that issue that they (LH included) can't speak or understand human-speech at all, it's all in the reading (Kinda like early Cass-Batgirl, before she got her mind rewired).

[ March 11, 2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
A reprint of Vol.2 #1 with a brand new cover came out this week for those that didn't get a chance to pick it up, in addition to Vol.2 #2.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Thanks, AL... computer problems kept me from updating for some of this week's new releases. [Embarrassed]

I'll edit the title for #2. [Cool]

[ March 24, 2005, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

And again for #3!

So... who's Vic's dady, huh? [Smile]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
anyone else get runaways #3?

who is victor's daddy? kang? magneto? or thanos?
any guesses

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
anyone else get runaways #3?

who is victor's daddy? kang? magneto? or thanos?
any guesses

**blinks**

Thanos?

Where the HELL did that come from?

[FTR, I'm going for "none of the above"]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
they said his dad was the greatest evil in the universe.who else but thanos? mephisto?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Duhbya. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

that's not funny.

he's too evil. i couldn't read any comics with him in it.

[ April 22, 2005, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: disaster boy ]

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Except that I doubt you could reach Thanos or Kang using a regular telephone. Or Magneto, for that matter, since I hear "technology" doesn't work in Genosha. Whoever it is seems to be rich and powerful, so I'm thinking Kingpin (unless he's dead), Silvermane, or Doom.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

it's probably somebody from the cover of (2?)

but being thanos' son would be way cooler than dr. octopus'.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
BATROC! No no, wait MODOK! Hells yeah! When he grows up he's gonna get a big head and floating chair of his own...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.