Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Nightwing raped, Flannel Lass contemplating murder (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nightwing raped, Flannel Lass contemplating murder
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone catch the Nightwing 2-Parter in Flash recently? I thought that was a nice Nightwing story (by Geoff Johns of course) and a great chance to see Wally and Dick together.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowsparkle   Email snowsparkle         Edit/Delete Post     
I intend to pick this up, personally. I had dropped Flash some time ago when funds were getting very tight and the stories weren't doing as much for me.

--------------------
Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard

From: the incandescent world of ice | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been reading Flash either, but I did pick up that 2-parter. Not brilliant, but good reading.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Anyone else getting disturbed by all the rape happening in the DCU?

Yes and no.

It's all in the execution, and it's possible for some compelling stories to be told using that theme. In Nightwing, it's just sordid. My jury's still out on IC, though things don't look promising right now.

If anything, I'm starting to wonder how these books got around the "Mature Readers" tag, especially IC.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought they did that just by not being subject to the CCA or whatever authority is in charge currently.

If they don't have the little seal of approval on the front cover, I think they can do whatever they want -- and can use or not use a "mature readers" label at their whim.

Anyone know more about this?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone else seen the fan-film trailer "Grayson"? It's at:
TheForce.net
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

It has appearances by Batgirl, Superman, WonderWoman, Green Lantern, The Penguin, The Joker and The Riddler. Superherohype.com also has an interview with the filmmaker.

[ August 06, 2004, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Is this by the same people who made the Batman: Dead End movie?

It looks like terrific stuff -- DC should be taking some tips!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Is this by the same people who made the Batman: Dead End movie?

Nope - this is someone else.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flannel Lass
soft, warm, fluffy!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flannel Lass   Email Flannel Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Anyone else getting disturbed by all the rape happening in the DCU?

Yes and no.

It's all in the execution, and it's possible for some compelling stories to be told using that theme. In Nightwing, it's just sordid. My jury's still out on IC, though things don't look promising right now.

I thought they were a bit explicit with IC, but it was supposed to be upsetting. It should ALWAYS be upsetting, not casually thrown out there with ... *froths in the corner for a few minute*

It's showing up in the Flash books, too. Check out the new Mirror Master's backstory.

--------------------
"You and I long to live
Like whales in bottled water..."

From: the palace garden of the Lord of the Red Lands. | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowsparkle   Email snowsparkle         Edit/Delete Post     
Posting on the Marvel family in Outsiders thread, I had a thought.

I've been a little miffed that the Outsiders don't seem to be aware of things happening in the Teen Titans book - you would think they'd want to know that there's a new Ravager, for example.

But the thing that struck me is the return of the cult of Brother Blood. Dick Grayson is a perennial favourite target/victim of said cult; the idea that the cult is based around the demon Trigon is interesting, but doesn't explain why they were always so fascinated with Dick...

And I recall the storyline where Dick Grayson became moody, and taciturn, and surly, and not willing to communicate with/lashing out at his loved ones -- and it turned out that he'd been brainwashed by Brother Blood. The rest of the team didn't know, until the cult put in the final touches.

Now Brother Blood is back and Dick is acting...

I'm slashing smoke with this theory, I bet, but I just wonder if there's a bigger in-story reason..? Or is that too much to hope for?

--------------------
Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard

From: the incandescent world of ice | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I can see someone down the road using the Blood cult to explain Dick's behavior in a retcon.

But as for right now? I doubt Devin has that in mind.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It is a good way out though. Good thinking.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, i would take just about anything including the Dallas "shower scene" to get that dreck explained away and done with as quick as possible.

I was initially in favor of her writing the book. She had just come off writing Gotham Knights, and while some of the stories were a bit slow, they were pretty good.

Then this.

I thumbed through the latest issue they had open at the store, talk about excrement. He is suddenly at the top of his game again and protecting her fearing extortion by her?

UUUUUGGHHH!

I can understand why dc did the insert in that book for Sky Captain, anything to help it sell.

Could we please get a writer with some chops to come in, straighten this mess out, and fix the book?

Please?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
So, did anyone else see the cover to # 99 yet? I don't think it looks too promising for Nightwing fans. You can see it at toonzone.net or anyplace else that puts up the DC solicits.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.comicboards.com/devin.php

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.