Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » May Comics Haul.... spoilers and speculations (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: May Comics Haul.... spoilers and speculations
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Uncanny X-Men: Absolutely loved it. I agree, the moments between Storm and Nightcrawler were the highlight and very welcome. These two have been friends for so long, and I really love to see these scenes. It was a great read this month, like last, and I can't get enough of it. This reminds me of the *old* Claremont, and I can't get enough of this group of characters, and the situations of this issue. Kurt and Logan's opening scenes were good, and no one writes a better Cannonball than his creator.

Cannonball's one of my favorite X characters, so I hope he's gonna be around for awhile. Do you think Storm and Nightcrawler are just having a friendly sky-waltz, or is this the start of something more? I'd be for more, I think.

quote:

Thor: The issue that wrapped up that major storyline was good for me b/c most importantly, it finally wrapped up the storyline. Rushed or not, I'm just glad it's over.

Yeah, it'd more than run it's course.

quote:

For the latest: Wow. The story was good. The art was magnificent, and seeing Loki, the Fenris Wolf, Ulik and the Midguard Serpent was crazy. Thor calling on his 'brothers' was a nice touch.

Yes... seeing so many mythological elements touched upon was a treat. And I liked the runelike borders that surrounded some of the pages... they fit the storytelling.

quote:

But I really hope that Baldur and Sif (and the Warriors 3) aren't dead. I half think they'll come back (I mean c'mon, Thor's whole cast dead?), but with this "Re-assembled" business gets me worried. Sif does have the power to travel through time/space, so she could have gotten her and Baldur (and others) out of there. But it was shocking nonetheless. I think I'm going to wait to see how the arc ends before I comment on any deaths.

If the deaths stand, I'll be dropping THOR. I mean, I know it's 'comics' and not the 'pure' myth, but Thor is *supposed* to marry Sif someday... Balder, of course, is meant to be resurrected anyway. In myth, at least. I wonder how many poor Valkyries won't be coming back-- or even named, though. We (at least I) thought DC treated its Amazons poorly...

quote:

But the art was great and Thor was exciting for the first time in who knows when. And cool shots of a young Fandral and Volstagg, Odin in all his magnificence, Thor as a regal and sane king, the Valkryes, the Norse gods saluting a fallen Dwarven hero (very nice touch), etc.

I thought the beginning of Jurgen's run was fairly exciting, but lost steam. The whole 'dead Odin' thing's a bit much...

...I think some of these writers are gonna get the 'hoodoo hex' on 'em if they keep killin' off these gods and demigods that've been around for centuries and millenia:). Don't they learn anything from the stories they write? Or read before they became writers? [Big Grin]

Thanks for replying, Cobie...

Todd

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Thor, the bodies were dropping as easily as a "What If" story. Since it's called "Ragnarok", I guess they have to make it seem like the end of the world, but it obviously won't be so I have to imagine the cosmic reset button will be hit at some point. Otherwise, it's a really crappy way to end their lives.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
OK, this week I bought...

spoilers

spoilers

UNCANNY X-MEN 445

spoilers

spoilers

UNCANNY X-MEN 445:

...I know zip about the Captian Britain mythos, so Fury's new to me. He seemed familiar and fairly routine.

Todd

Is that the Fury? A robot with a big round head? If so, it was a pretty tough cookie which killed all the heroes of it's native Earth except one, and killed Captain Britain to boot (he was resurrected soon after.) It took a lot of doing to bring it down. This was in the Alan Moore/Alan Davis run, which I think was put out in TPB a few years back and which I highly recommend.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.