Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Agents of Atlas (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Agents of Atlas
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's not forget this issue also has an Ape-man going to the restroom in a flying saucer from Uranus.

This series actually kinda reminds me of "NextWave" if it were taken seriously - the motley crew, the "secret agents on the run", the old school global evil organization, a robot-man who has stretchy limbs, etc...

[ September 10, 2006, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Let's not forget this issue also has an Ape-man going to the restroom in a flying saucer from Uranus.

Gotta love what Gorilla-Man's like over that, especially his look after going to the toilet in an empty room and the ship "dealing with it" [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
The strangest thing for me was that I bought a copy of SUB-MARINER #57 (with Venus & Namorita) and read it for the first time just a few months ago-- and the story in there is referred to in the text article in the back of #2!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
*bump for issue 3*

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there any comic that can't be improved by a gorilla with a gun?

Enjoying this so far. But I'm a huge fan of comics that take up 'discarded' characters and breath new life into them (like the Thunderbolts).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Same here. Especially characters on the quirky side of things.

Sales weren't that great for the first issue, unfortunately. So we may have to just enjoy this while it lasts.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really starting to like the whole "Marvel's Golden Age" angle to this book. It's something DC has had and mined for a long time, but Marvel has always seemed to start from the Fantastic Four. The fact that these aren't retcon characters legitimizes their place in history and it's cool to think there's an unexplored corner of the Marvel Universe that's this fun and already has a history in place.

The Human Robot is becoming an interesting mystery. Aside from the fact that he may have his own agenda, he's certainly hiding something -- and he's got the best poker face. It's also interesting that he's the wild card - he wasn't in Jimmy's dream and thus wasn't "meant" to be on the team as originally planned.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I managed to get copies of # 1 & 3, and I **LOVE** this!

Yes, DC finally wised up and realized there IS a market for Golden-Age characters and I'm glad Marvel is attempting the same, outside of THE INVADERS and Captain America.

Loved the shot of the photos of golden-age characetrs that Jimmy was using to pick the team from. The Blonde Phantom!!

Female characetrs who run around topless kind-of annoy me, though. Venus needs to stop and the GAP or something and pick up a shirt.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Got the first three issues its ok, Uncle Sam is way better and I assumed the marvel Agents of Atlas would be the superior one. I don't think I'll pick up number four.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Female characetrs who run around topless kind-of annoy me, though. Venus needs to stop and the GAP or something and pick up a shirt.

I respectfully disagree.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Heh! Anyhoo, I guess it's a mute point since she suited-up in the last couple of pages of # 3. And Namora? YAY!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm liking this a lot as well. Kinda cheesy but fun. A bit slow getting going though, I think it'll be better as a trade.

DB's point about Uncle Sam is true though. Its not a fair comparison though. For me Uncle Sam has easily been the best miniseries of the year.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

-

#4 came out last week [Smile]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

In most markets, yes.

Diamond shorted my store by a couple of boxes, which means they didn't get AoA plus whatever X-books were due.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

NAMORA!

Still enjoying this, even with my missing # 2.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.