Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Ultimate Spider-Man(Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ultimate Spider-Man(Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales)
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's some questions in regards to the Ultimate Clone Saga and it's aftermath... [Smile]

1.What is Doc Ock's role in giving the twisted Peter (Ultimate Kaine?)clone a supply of OZ and his own role in the Clone Saga?

2.Should Ultimate Spider-Woman eventually adopted a costume similar in design to the 616 Jessica Drew?

3.What's your opinion of Cassandra Webb and is she a possible Ultimate Madame Webb?

4.Anyone both surprised and amazed that the CIA is setting up their own Super Solider program?

5.Should Ultimate Spidey and MJ get back together?
[Hmmm?]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RED-001
Applicant

The twisted Peter clone(we'll refer to him as Ultimate Kaine)had kidnapped MJ and took her to the abandoned Oscorp Labs and was determined to give her powers of her own so she won't be in danger.

When MJ asked what he did,Ultimate Kaine informed her that he has injected her with an unquantified amount of OZ, the drug responsible for the creation of the Ultimate Green Goblin and Hobgoblin.
MJ got so upset that she changed into a huge horned red goblin-type werewolf creature,(Refered to by Bendis as Ultimate Demogoblin).

Here's a link to the image via Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ultimate_MJ_Goblin.jpg

Anyone remember Demogoblin?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I do. I actually kinda liked Demogoblin in that he became the one interesting aspect of the Hobgoblin legacy once Jason Macendale took over as Hobgoblin II. He was striking visually and made some of the Spidey stories of the 90's more appealing. He also had a good death.

Its funny, but despite my agreement that many things of the 90's were very annoying, I had a soft for Demogoblin and the Spidey Doppleganger, which kind of represent the Marvel era of Infinity War/Maximum Carnage/etc.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RED-001
Applicant

I've saw the spoilers for USM #103 on Wikipedia and all I'm gonna tell you is that Sue Storm(Invisible Woman)has her suspicions of Richard Parker!!! [Wink]
RED-001
Applicant

Has anybody read USM #104? It turns out that "Richard Parker" is really an aged clone of Peter and ages to death!
Reed Richards managed to cure MJ of the OZ drug that the twisted Peter clone injected into her and then Spider-Woman took off into the night,will we ever see her again?

How many here are surprised that the Gwen Stacy clone was really Carnage?

RED-001
Applicant

In USM #105,the aftermath of the Ultimate Clone Saga,Peter and MJ are back together! [Smile] [Smile]
However Shadowcat is upset at this turn of events.

There are now plans for a story arc involving an Ultimate version of Marvel Knights featuring Daredevil! Looking forward to that?!?

RED-001
Applicant

The Ultimate Knights story arc is already underway and I need your reaction(s)to the following:

Kitty Pryde leaving the Xavier Institute following the death of Professor X, moving back in with her mother in Queens and enrolling in Midtown High to be near Peter?

The Ultimate version of Jessica Jones,a senior at Midtown High who grills Kitty on her relationship with Spiderman?

The appearance of Ultimate Ronin?

Ultimate Kingpin owing the merchandising rights to Spidey?

MJ still feeling the effects of the OZ drug?

Ultimate Iron Fist betraying the others to Kingpin?

RED-001
Applicant

What do you think of these Ultimate versions of the two so far?

Jessica Jones is a senior at Midtown High and producer for the Student News Network.She has yet to display any powers similar to her 616 counterpart and so maybe there'd be an Ultimate Knightress or Ultimate Jewel somewhere down the road?

It seems that Ultimate Ronin has a connection to the Ultimate Moon Knight-who was the product of a failed Super Solider experiment and he has a a form of dissociative identity disorder and maybe Ronin could be one of those personalities?

[ April 28, 2007, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: RED-001 ]

RED-001
Applicant

In the Firestar article on Wikipedia,Bendis states that he had spent 120 issues working toward this and making it an 'organic' event and not something "I pulled out of my ass". The story is reported to be appearing after the current "Death of a Goblin" arc.

For more info go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestar

P.S.
She's appeared in the ongoing Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane in a costume similar to her TV incarnation.

So what are the odds that Ultimate Iceman teams up with Ultimate Spidey and Ultimate Firestar to form the Ultimate Spider Friends?

RED-001
Applicant

Peter Parker and Aunt May have a little talk

In USM #111,Peter and Aunt May have a talk about him being Spider-Man.This issue will be historic for two reasons:

1.The introduction of the Ultimate Spot who has better control of his powers as opposed to his 616 counterpart.

2.This issue will be a "passing of the torch" from Mark Bagley to Stuart Immonen.Hope and pray!

Will Aunt May accept the fact of her nephew's double life? Will Spider-Man still join the Ultimates even after their split from SHIELD?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Anyone wondering if they should pick this up should know the latest story with Firestar and Iceman (with an Ultimate twist) is in my opinion, the best story in this title in quite awhile (and it hasn't exactly been bad).

I really liked the dynamic between Liz, MJ, Peter, Kenny, Kitty, Johnny Storm and Bobby Drake. It just seemed to flow well here, with Pete's cast interacting normally with the Torch, Iceman and Kitty Pryde.

USM is still very entertaining and by far the best the Ultiamte line is offering (I've dropped all the other Ultimate titles at this point). There are some things that will bother people but nothing horrible. Here is a case where Bendis seems to know what he's doing and still has the enthusiasm and craziness to have fun with it. Immonen's art (which is usually a hit with me but can sometimes be a major miss) is awesome here.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, even though I've comletely dropped anything Ultimate-related, I hung onto Ultimate Spider-Man as my one exception and I'm glad I did. Since the relaunch, its really been a fun comic book, completely unlike anything else any company is doing.

It's really Spider-Man and his Pals, as the Human Torch, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, MJ, Gwen, Kenny and Peter all make up the cast and are kind of like a team. Appearances by Rick Jones & others keep the possibilities for more cast members coming. Dagger (of Cloak & Dagger) is a rarely seen supporting character though she isn't super-powered here (yet).

It's like the best Teen Titans comic going meets the best teenager-based television show. Aunt May shines and so does the rest of the cast.

Having them all (or most anyway) undercover at high school and interacting with other students makes for all kinds of fun, and the interplay between Spidey & his cast and Johnny, Bobby & Kitty just works on so many levels.

I've got to say, USM is one of the most fun comics on the market. I always forget about it and when I read it, I remember why there is no chance I'm dropping it anytime soon. It's also completely unlike anything else Bendis does. It is something I think new readers, Spidey fans, MU fans and younger readers will all like.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I had been picking Ultimate Spidey since shortly after the relaunch when I had finally caught up on trades from the old series. I'd been behind since before the Deadpool arc and got every trade I needed over the course of last summer. When I recently did my Great Marvel Purge I decided to cut Ultimate Spidey along with it, not because it sucked but because each individual issue wasn't satisfying me enough for my $4. I'll likely buy the trades in bunches in the future.

While it's still a fun comic, it's getting a little too crowded. I almost feel like their should be a Spidey/Amazing Friends title and a separate Spidey book. Pete always works best as a loner at least more often than not. Plus, I miss the mythology that the Ultimate Spidey book had about it especially using the Osborne confrontations as tentpoles and other stories such as its version of the Clone Saga. There was plenty of good stuff in between, but it was those stories that always seemed to be around the corner that kept me reading. I feel like Bendis may be trying to work the Ultimate Mysterio for this purpose, but I haven't really been feeling it like the other stuff to this point.

In any case I'm not done with Ultimate Spidey and anticipate catching up with trades as I go along.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yeah, even though I get it in the monthly, a part of me thinks this title is probably better in the trades (just speculation though, as I have no intention of switching). The $3.99 price is killer and indefensible.

You're mentioning of the tentpoles in the first mega-run is something I liked and totally agree with. It actually totally mirrors my feelings towards the original ASM run in the 70's in the eras I've been discussing with Prof on the main Spider-Man thread, and I know you haven't read a lot of that era. In the post Stan years, pre-Roger years, Spider-Man has some very specific tentpoles that distinguish the spirit/feel of the series, with subplots leading up to each one, characters being majorly affected by them, and then the next one subsequently growing out of the prior one. They are: Green Goblin/Death of Gwen, Harry as Green Goblin II, the Jackal/Clone Saga, Green Goblin III & final say on Harry (temporarily at least), The Carrion Saga in PPTSS, and then the Mysterio/Death of Aunt May/Burgler/#200 storyline. All of these are favorites of mine and are milestones the other issues flow in and out of. And USM really nailed that type of feel too, as you mention; when those arcs were around the corner you could feel the tension building and it was great.

Glad you'll still be reading in trades Lardy, as you'll probably save a ton of $$.

(And just to comment on the Ultimate Clone Saga, did it not restore a sense of fun to the word 'clone' comics again? Totally off the wall and crazy and I loved it.)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ever realize how many superhero stories you've read where a villain takes over a hero's identity and causes all kinds of havoc on their personal life? The current Chameleon story in Ultimate Spider-Man so far is ranking among the best EVER.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.