Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » DC Going Essential - Showcase Presents B&W Collections (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DC Going Essential - Showcase Presents B&W Collections
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on the fence with the Green Arrow Showcase. I have a lot of those stories in the Jack Kirby Green Arrow collection from a couple of years ago.

I have seen a website that gives the solicitation for a House of Mystery Showcase along with the Green Arrow one. However, I did not see a HoM volume in this month's solicits. That site must have got advance word on next month's Showcase?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, here 'tis. Scott, didn't you say this would be your bag?

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: HOUSE OF MYSTERY VOL. 1 TP
Writers: Joe Orlando, Sergio Aragones, Howie Post, E. Nelson Bridwell, Otto Binder, Robert Kanigher, Jack Oleck, Marv Wolfman, Len Wein, John Albano and Jack Miller
Artists: Joe Orlando, George Roussos, Lee Elias, Doug Wildey, Bernard Baily, Carmine Infantino, Mort Meskin, Neal Adams, Sid Greene, Jack Sparling, Sergio Aragones, Howie Post, Bill Draut, Jim Mooney, Win Mortimer, Jerry Grandanetti, Gil Kane, Wallace Wood, Bernie Wrightson, Alex Toth, Wayne Howard, Al Williamson, John Celardo, Mike Peppe, Tony deZuniga, Leonard Starr, Tom Sutton, Ric Estrada, Ralph Reese, Frank Giacoia, Jim Aparo, Gray Morrow, Don Heck, Russ Heath, Jack Kirby, John Costanza and Nester Redondo
Collects HOUSE OF MYSTERY #174-194
552 pages, $16.99, black & white

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Most definitely Duke. I had all those growing up but they are long gone. This is definitely on my list.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Even better bargain now! DC just dropped the price to $9.99. $9.99! For a 500 page book! Newsarama has more info. I just hope they honor my pre-order at the new price. Those two books (Superman and Green Lantern) accounted for nearly 1/2 of my July comics order.

At $9.99 I can use the savings for an extra giant box of Crayolas.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I finished my SUPERMAN Showcase, and it was quite hilarious.

So I decided to get the Metamorpho one, because I don't think Green Lantern or Justice League of America will be as amusing.

These are wonderful bedtime-reading books. Just flipping through the Metamorpho one and glancing at a couple of pages, it looks to be really funky. Plus I like Ramona Fradon's art.

Never thought I'd dig B&W comics so much.

Wish Marvel would do a second volume for HOWARD THE DUCK.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You should pick up the Jonah Hex one too Lash. I think you'll enjoy it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Listed in DC's solicits for June '07--

Showcase Presents Batgirl !!! [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

On my list, as well as the Martian Manhunter. By the time I get those two I'll have two shelves full of Showcases.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Two of my favorite DC 80s series are getting the Showcase treatment:

Batman and the Outsiders (September '07)

Suicide Squad (November '07)

Yay!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You should pick up the Jonah Hex one too Lash. I think you'll enjoy it.

D'OH! I -knew- I forgot something on my IST order... [No]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

CAPTAIN CARROT and his AMAZING ZOO CREW!!!

-

Collects CC&tAZC 1-20, plus the 8-pg. insert from New Teen Titans #16. Estimated shipdate 9/26/07. [Cool]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I already have all those, so I'll pass. I *might* be convinced **IF** it included the OZ/Wonderland War mini, because I only ever was able to find # 1. My CBS either never got 2 and 3 or I just somehow missed them.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Does Ambush Bug have enough appearances to qualify for his own Showcase?

-3 issues of DC Comics Presents
-3 issues of Action
-The Ambush Bug mini, Son of Ambush Bug, Nothing Special and Stocking Stuffer

-That's under 400 pages, I think. [Frown] Am I missing anything?

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
According to the Bug Archive, he was in Supergirl #16 (1984). Never saw this issue, but it appears to have been more than a cameo.

There were also the Secret Origins and part of the Lobo series (the only good thing about the Lobo series, IMO). Are we up to 400 yet? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Probably, but the Showcases are 500+ pages... still 100 or so short. [sigh]
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.