Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Villains United - SPOILERS WITHIN
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well Pharzoof did appear in Birds of Prey #12-14. But I bet you are talking about his appearance in Cosmic Justice.

-

Actually the Pharzoof that appeared in BoP was supposed to be a runt.

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
heh yeah exactly the one I was talking about! I have him in my Heroclix box. He 's one of the best generics ever! gotta love him!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I read this standing in my shop and I don't remember them calling him anything but Parademon!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

Oh and just a heads up it never says that Bug and Byte are dead but it says something like there will be reprcussions and Bug is slumped over in a chair and Byte is against the wall with Deathstroke's sword at her throat.

But the fiddler is definately dead!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
so cross out Bug and Byte from the casuality list?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[Frown]

I concur.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow-- Catman's a contenduh, all of a sudden! I *liked* him (the artist's rendition didn't hurt-- DC needed it's own Ka-Zar...) So, he was contacting Green Arrow? Wonder what that's about-- could Catman be on the other side of the hero-villain ledger, now?

Which leads to my boneheaded theory about Mockingbird-- I think he or she might slowly be trying to 'turn' six villains into a team fighting for 'good'. Or else he/she's bent on world domination, widespread destruction and general merry mayhem.

I felt sorry for the lions that had adopted Cat-man... for their murder (inferred), Luthor & co. should pay!

The Harlequin-esque character I took to be a *male* Ragdoll... don't know if it's a new one or not. The Parademon seemed to like Rags, regardless.

Who is SCANDAL? Have I missed a previous appearance elsewhere, or is she a mystery to everyone else, too?

I liked this issue. Each of the introductions to the CRISIS COUNTDOWN miniseries have been better than the last. Wonder if RANN/THANAGAR WAR will continue the streak?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

ah....got Manhunter #9 and whoa....add Monocle to the casuality list. good book, by the way.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't Scandal supposed to by Nyssa al Ghul?

And the mansion they meet at. Is that supposed to be Caine and Abel's House of Mystery?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that who Scandal is? I kinda felt like I should know who she is but had no clue. A lot of the characters I didn't recognise but most of them were minor appearances so didn't matter. One of the main characters being a mystery when apperently they shouldn't be doesn't quite work. Also, at the end what continent is Parademon getting? Is that Antarctica? Coz if so, who's getting Australia? And could that be some kind of clue as to who Mockingbird is? Who would want Oz for themselves?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I guess I should scrap my FIDDLER vs. HORNBLOWER miniseries proposal!

I am currently rereading the last run of THE TITANS before the current series (Faerber's suff isn't so bad years later and I already liked Grayson's run anyway) and Lian is a MAJOR part of that book. I do *NOT* like hearing that she is in peril. I hope that Arsenal and Cheshire lay the smackdown on someone and get this situation resolved ASAP.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, here's some thoughts:

Overall, I liked it. Lots of intrigue, good writing and I like seeing a lot of good villains used in a smart way. The only thing I hated was seeing Fiddler discarded so casually (this seems to be an ongoing DC theme--overall, I like what's happening, but things keep happening to put a small damper on it, like Blue Beetle and Fiddler killed).

'Mockingbird'- not sure if anyone has posed this theory, but here's who I think: Oracle. It *might* be Batman, but there's no way I'd believe Batman would have Deadshot kill Fiddler so easily. I think it's Oracle. Anyone reading BoP has seen how Brainiac has begun to incluence her, and she has the connections to pull it off. So an Oracle/Brainiac combo may work.

Further, 'Mockingbird' seems to not so subtly suggest her if you think about it (almost too obvious, didn't catch it at first) and Gail writes BoP and Villains United. She also is very manipulative of late and I wouldn't put it past her to be using the six with Brainiac's influence. Of course, this might all be too obvious...

However, I have no idea who Scandal is. Has she appeared before? If not, could it be Lena Luthor, who was working side by side with Brainiac 13 for a bit? Nyssa al Ghul may also be a good choice, although I never read the final issue of that mini when it came out.

Catman as a major player is fun to watch. Anyone wondering about how he changed and why he's connected to Green Arrow will have to check out Brad Meltzer's Green Arrow run which featured Catman heavily.

I love seeing Deadshot and Cheshire, and Ragdoll is a big fave of mine after seeing him in Starman. The Parademon is curious though...could Darkseid be lurking? Wasn't there some sort of Darkseid/Brainiac 13 connection, or am I off? (Our Worlds At War was pretty shitty, so I was't too into the specifics).

Deathstroke is still bad ass and I like it. I also really like Calculator's role in the DCU now--he's a big gun! Talia has long been a favorite of mine, and Dr. Psycho is extremely unlikeable, which is what that group needs anyway. Luthor is way overused (like the Joker), but at least he's being used right.

So far, I'm intrigued...

Also- could the 'traitor' in Outsiders be the one who planted the bomb in Lian? Any ideas who this is? Shift? Indigo, controlled by B13?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Judging from the spoilers, I am going to love this. Things like this book and the Dark Detective book almost make me sorry that I have to wait to get my stuff in the mail...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i really enjoyed this first issue and i have a feeling that MOCKINGBIRD is ... ORACLE !!??

and it was cool to see CATMAN return [ and as drawn by DALE he looked great !! ] so what did he do in GREEN ARROW's book ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.