Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Slott Exclusive To Marvel (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Slott Exclusive To Marvel
Burger Eater Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burger Eater Lad   Email Burger Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Put me next to the other Slott fans - I think he is great. I just wish Marvel is getting behind She-Hulk vol.2. They should have put a SHE-HULK preview in the back of all their books instead of that retarded NICK FURY AND THE HOWLING COMMANDOS garbage.
From: Princeton, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Retarded Howling Commandos by Legion god Keith Giffen??? I'm pupmed about Howling Commandos! I want a cartoon and video game asap!

Maybe She-Hulk will join New Avengers which is super hot (though I hate it!). That will give her title a push I hope.

btw, didn't She-Hulk #1 come out today? Must find that thread.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Thing. He is to the FF what Wolverine is to the X-Men.

Honestly, Thing is much cooler than the rest of the FF.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/thing/SlottThingThang.htm

Dan Slott interview. The art looks super sweet man! For those that may not be digging the art on Shulkie...DIG THIS! [Wink]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The cover to THE THING # 1.

THE SOILICIT FOR THE THING # 1 FOLLOWS. BEWARE IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW.

The Story:
“Money Changes Every THING”
It’s the ever lovin’ blue-eyed THING, back in his own ongoing series! Join Ben Grimm and his pals as they clobber their way through the Marvel U! And, spinning out of events from FANTASTIC FOUR, the idol of millions is now worth billions! So will big bucks make a Rockefeller out of this Rocky fella? Will Ben trade in Yancy St. for Park Ave? Tune in and see, True Believer! Special appearances by: Goliath (Bill Foster), Warbird, Wonder Man, and Peter Parker.

32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

In Stores: 11-16-2005

[ November 02, 2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

That cover was on my work desktop for a atleast a month after it first came out. [Smile]
Burger Eater Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burger Eater Lad   Email Burger Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What did everyone think of SHE-HULK #1? I loved it. There were a couple jokes that I found very funny and I loved the use of some old Walt Simonson characters (I don't want to be specific in case this is spoiling anything for any of you).

The art looked a little rougher than usual.? The lines and the color gradient edges were a little jagged. I think it was mediocre coloring. Just a minor gripe.

From: Princeton, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

You can get everyone's opinion of # 1 (as well as Volume 1) below:

SHE-Hulk!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I bought my first AVENGERS comic today since that wretched "Disassembled" crapfest, AVENGERS THE INITIATIVE # 1.

I bought it for one and only one reason: Slott listed on the cover as writer.

I'm concerned that not even Slott could make me like what THE AVENGERS have become... This better not freakin' suck!

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
You might be one of the few who did that.

I'm figuring most people bought it because it spins out of Civil War.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought is was pretty decent. I don't think I've read an Avengers comic since Steve Epting was penciller, so I can't tell anymore if someone's out of character.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've even dropped Slott's She-Hulk. Marvel just doesn't do it for me anymore.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.