Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Uncanny X-Men (Spoilers!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Uncanny X-Men (Spoilers!)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] Thanks, Numf, I needed a laugh this morning!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the main reasons that Claremont (who, don’t get me wrong, is my favorite X-writer of all time) gets on my nerves still, is that he has basically three ways of writing women over the last twenty years:

1. The strong-willed, independent woman, leader, macho badass that doesn’t take any shit from no one, and usually for some reason gets along great with Wolverine, while making snippy comments to the other males and younger females. Every so often shows signs of being a lesbian.
2. The younger female, not quite so experienced, slighty shy but just bursting with sexuality every two pages, ends up naked every 3 issues and has some weird older brother/strange crush on Wolverine.
3. The ultra-badass, intentions never quite clear, lethal killer who occasionally shows signs of decent morality, although spends many pages silent and then is the only one to not get her ass totally kicked in battle (even though she doesn’t really have that strong a mutant power). Every so often shows signs of being a lesbian. Sexuality is a major weapon in her arsenal.

Sometimes though, he’ll combine 2 of the 3 (or all 3) when writing the characters, as he can’t quite remember which way he likes her. Go ahead, name an X-woman he wrote a lot of…you’ll see.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Of course, I just went through a bunch of them in my head to see if I can prove my own theory wrong. I found one notable:

Moira McTaggert.

Except, in the last 20 years, we saw little to none of her, saw her suddenly become a major league hottie under Silvestri and Lee’s designs, had her become all bad-ass (she was always strong, but still…), and then eventually, when Claremont saw that she just didn’t fit his 3 categories, he killed her!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind too much that they brought her back. I liked her well enough, but I suppose at some point you have to draw the line and let the dead rest in peace.

What I can't understand is why everyone is suddenly hot for Ororo? I mean, Nightcrawler and Wolverine are both putting the moves on her in this issue (although I suppose that it could be interpretted that Storm is putting the moves on Logan... goodness knows why). And to add to it, now Rachel is suddenly after Kurt! These people have known each other for years. Why are they suddenly all falling for each other at the same time? Aren't things complicated enough in Casa X?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Maybe Emma's overdoing the mind-control she needs to turn Scott on, and it's affecting everyone else's libidos... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
What I can't understand is why everyone is suddenly hot for Ororo? I mean, Nightcrawler and Wolverine are both putting the moves on her in this issue

From what I've seen, I took it to be Nightcrawler starting to think of Ororo in a more romantic way and taking note of how familiar Ororo and Logan act towards one another. I'd venture to say they're likely that affectionate all the time, but we're seeing their interactions through Kurt's eyes so it seems like a big deal because it's becoming a big deal to him.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh Gawd can't anyone stay dead?

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, Ororo and Kurt have been flirting for quite some time. I saw some of it in the early 100s of Uncanny.

I sort of like Rachel and Kurt, though. They have known each other for some time, it makes sense that there'd at least be a closeness there.

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I would definitely be open to a Kurt/Rachel pairing. I kinda miss Amanda Sefton, though, but I wouldn't mind it. I don't know why, but I have trouble seeing Ororo in any kind of relationship. She just doesn't feel like the relationship type somehow.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cru, I'm kind of with you on that. I think that's largely Claremont's influence too. You know, I *might* be able to see her in a relationship, I just have no idea if any current MU character exists that I'd like to see with her.

I miss Amanda Sefton too. Her scenes with Kurt were always fun.

I'm also open to the idea of a Kurt/Rachel pairing. However, a Kurt/Ororo pairing makes me say "Eww!" for some reason. It's like kissing your sister!

Pov

Stay away from my sister, you! [Mad] [LOL]

So what happened to Amanda??? [Confused]

I vaguely remember a MAGIK mini that spun off from the Black Sun storyline, wherein it looked like she'd taken Illyanna's place in Limbo? Is that right?

--------------------

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, isn't the Kurt/Rachel thing like Rachel kissing her uncle? That is how she saw him while growing up in the DoFP timeline.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
thats right ferro. he used to read her stories when she was little in her time.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Which might be part of why... She could have a lingering childhood crush on "Unca Kurt". And didn't she also kill him as a Hound?

Oh, the complications...

And Amanda is currently still Magik, and ruling Limbo. She's had some appearances in the Nightcrawler monthly. Which is actually not bad, despite being wholly unnecessary.

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
For those that wonder what had happened with Amanda...
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=88

From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.