Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Runaways (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Runaways
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up #1 on your guys reccomendation and liked it a lot, I'm officially interested. I'll stick with the book for a bit now, although I'm debating on whether to pick up the back issues. Possibly when I get some extra cash. So far, an excellent read that left me wanting more.

And best Wrecking Crew appearance in too long to count!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I tracked down 1 and 2 from the first run... if I'd read these when they came out, I would have been a die-hard fan from the beginning. D-mn Marvel, for hiding all their gems (RUNAWAYS, SHE-HULK) amidst all their other garbage!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
love volume 2. glad gert ends up hot. just kidding i like her how she is now...

but didn't julie power make a mistake...she wasn't lightspeed and starstreak. her sister katie was one. i think she's on craaaaaaack.
wonder what her power is now?

Judging from the cover to #3, she's back on her original light'n'flight powers (conviently mirroring Karolina, oc..)

And, apparently, she was "Starstreak" (II) in the last PP mini.
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I tracked down 1 and 2 from the first run... if I'd read these when they came out, I would have been a die-hard fan from the beginning. D-mn Marvel, for hiding all their gems (RUNAWAYS, SHE-HULK) amidst all their other garbage!

Not getting the digests? The whole first series is out now as three digests (i.e., six issues per digest)

[ March 08, 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
My comments on the new #1:

I love how the gang "schooled" The Wrecking Crew, they're one of my least favorite super-villain teams. Nico's fight with Wrecker really shows that you don't want to get on that girls bad side. [Big Grin]

I'm enjoying Excelsior and I hope Phil will finally take up the mantle of the Blue Wail that Spider-girl has teased us about.

It's awesome that the new "Hostel" at the La Brea Tar Pits Museum since I have many found memories going there.

Future-Gert (if she is the real deal) was intriguing and I hope at least one thing she mentioned comes true (Hisako joining the X-Men). I really felt for Chase there at the end.

Oh and FYI Disaster Boy, Julie was telling the truth. The Power's often share codenames with there siblings along with there powers.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
shared names AND powers. i guess i'm not up on pp.

cant wait for the showdown!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Not getting the digests? The whole first series is out now as three digests (i.e., six issues per digest)

Eh, I'm a monthlies kinda guy. [Wink]

I'm not having any trouble finding these for cover, so I'll probably just buy the entire first run out of the back-issue bins. But I'm picking up the digests to share. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Surprised no-one's posted this yet: Runaways #2 preview

And the RW #4 cover:

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

GERT WITH THE WIND! [Love]

--------------------

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, but someone in the background doesn't look happy. Is this another Kitty/Lockheed?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Awesome cover! Although one wonders what's up with Old Lace with that look, unless that's a just a smile. [LOL]

What do you mean by "Is this another Kitty/Lockheed?", FerroBoy? If you're just refering to their relationships to each other, then no. Lockheed decided to join up with the X-Men because he thought they (and Kitty in particular) were fascinating. While Old Lace has yet to be shown as more then a designer pet/bodyguard raptor for Gert with a psi-link "command system". I'm not dissing Old Lace it's just currently we don't know "The Way She Works". [Wink]

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
A bunch of people I know think that Lockheed had more than a casual interest in Kitty. Plus, he thought he was human. Old Lace seems jealous, so I was making a link between this situation and the one with Kitty and Lockheed.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
What do you mean by "Is this another Kitty/Lockheed?", FerroBoy? If you're just refering to their relationships to each other, then no. Lockheed decided to join up with the X-Men because he thought they (and Kitty in particular) were fascinating.

AL, come on, I know you like the Trial of Lockheed:
"...and I confess, with the youngest [Kitty], I was instantly smitten"
"In deep space we met. In that moment I knew a love truly true"

Plus the "leaving fianceé at the altar thing"

Fairly clear really [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
A bunch of people I know think that Lockheed had more than a casual interest in Kitty. Plus, he thought he was human.

He never thought he was human though.

[ March 11, 2005, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Yeah he does love her but it's still friend-love, not any other kind. The way I read the whole leaving at the alter thing was basically he thought he could do more good for the universe with Kitty then just protecting his people.

--------------------
ActorLad

Reboot

Rad, "smitten" is not a word you use for friend-love. Nor is love at first sight ("we met. In that moment I knew a love truly true")

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Not often perhaps, but I have heard both used (all be it rarely) for friend-love. It could be refering to just a simple crush, IE one where you don't really want to date the person, you just have a certain admiration for them.

I do admit that the humanoid Lockheed as seen in the Crosstime Caper did have romantic feelings for Kitty. That ended up annoying 616 Lockheed and made Kitty blush.

[ March 11, 2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.