Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers)
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
grrr... motherlovin frazzin sprocking whedon/cassaday
i dropped 90% of the x-crap hitting the shelf
dating a guy now who recommended/insisted i pick up the trade
frassling good book need to read it motherloving sprocking grife-giving creators!!!

yes i liked it too

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The only X-title I read beside Exiles and Ultimate X-Men (which, thankfully, don't have to be tied to regular X-continuity). I got away from them a long time ago but Whedon was enough to draw me back and he is proving it was worth it.

[ December 23, 2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
must. not. be. tempted.

bank. account. drained.

read old issues to soothe pangs.....

C'mon, matlock, you just know there's a book that's right on the edge of being dropped. Go ahead and drop it and pick up AXM. It's worth it. Trust me. I quote some others: "He does Claremont better than Claremont." (At least, these days.)

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Not to play Devil's Advocate to matlock, but this would be a great time to check it out. I think the trade of the first six issues came out last week, as did issue seven. [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Right, so there's no excuse.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
pick it up in trades, matlock ... that's how i'm doing it

it seems to be an acceptable negotiation for me and my bleeding bank account

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe later... I think I'll be buying the new Legion on layaway as it is. My car loan is up and we've got to make a huuuuge payment Friday. Bah.

And I only read Legion anymore so I don't have a book to drop unfortunately, ferroboy.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any word on what will happen to the title when Whedon leaves? I heard he was on for a 12 issue stint. I can't imagine Marvel wanting to end the title there... 'Course, then maybe Wolverine can get some respite.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm hoping that he doesn't leave at all...it's just too good an X-title right now!

Then again, there's the rumors that Bryan Singer is going to take over (or is that Ultimate X-Men?).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Singer's run is supposed to be on Ultimate X-Men if I'm not mistaken.

As for Whedon, I hope they keep him around. I haven't seen any hype about this being his final arc or him following through and leaving after #12, so hopefully Marvel's on the ball and are negotiating with him behind the scenes.

This book really is his and I'd much rather see where Joss would run with it than have anyone else, even a favorite writer of mine, take over. The same can be said for Cassidy as penciller.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Any word on what will happen to the title when Whedon leaves? I heard he was on for a 12 issue stint. I can't imagine Marvel wanting to end the title there... 'Course, then maybe Wolverine can get some respite.

I heard that if Whedon leaves the book might end.

--------------------
Dan

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Then this would be a just another limited series.. aghh.
I really am enjoying this book. It is actually the only X-book I am reading.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Icey's been begging me to check this out. The trade was supposed to be out this week, but Wonderland didn't have any. I might check WaldenBooks tomorrow after work.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Dammit, icefire... [Mad] [Wink]

Long story short, icey knows what an X-Fan I used to be and has been hounding me to check out ASTONISHING. So when I saw DCBS was offering the first trade, "GIFTED", at half-price, I ordered it.

And dammit, I liked it. For all the reasons Cobie gave... it just feels like MY X-Men. The costumes. The fastball special. Cassaday's work, which has cleaned up real nice since his DESPERADOES work. And everybody sounded right. Joss seems to GET these characters; they haven't been this real since Claremont's first run... at his peak.

Arghh! Aloan Davis has me buying UNCANNY again, if only for his issues... slowly, slowly they're sucking me back in... I can feel it! [Frown] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Aaaaaaand Astonishing #8 becomes the first core X-book I've bought new off the rack in... forever.

Well worth it. I grabbed 7 also, which with my trade purchase awhile back keeps me current. Whedon's writing had me in stitches in spots, especially throughout issue 7 (see my sig! [Big Grin] ) --Wolvie's NONthoughts while fighting "Godzilla" and the FF's cameo also.

With the ending to 7, 8's reveal wasn't too surprising, though I can't wait to find out WHY.

I can't believe I'm buying the "X" again... [No]

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.