Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Nightwing raped, Flannel Lass contemplating murder (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nightwing raped, Flannel Lass contemplating murder
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Marv Wolfman.

Maybe.

His last few years on Titans were jaw-droppingly bad, and did the Dick Grayson character no favors. Enough time has passed, though, that he might have a fresh perspective.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Comet King:
(On a more practical level though, how did the rape happen then? Like. I mean. Y'know... if he didn't want to etc...)

He had a breakdown after walking away and allowing Tarantula to murder Blockbuster. He was mentally unable to summon up the effort to fight her off.

(The body, I'm told, can respond to stimului regardless of the space the mind is in at the time. Which is why the rape would be possible under these conditions.)

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, that explains it. I thought she'd violated him with an implement. (Actually, I didn't know Tarantula's gender until reading the above post.)

I wonder if there'll be an "I'm pregnant with Nightwing's child" story arc in the future?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by STU:
I wonder if there'll be an "I'm pregnant with Nightwing's child" story arc in the future?

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Agh, I hadn't considered that. Looks like things *can* get worse.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flannel Lass
soft, warm, fluffy!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flannel Lass   Email Flannel Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! NO! No child, no please GOD I MEAN YOU SETEKH, NO CHILD OH DEITY OF BARRENNESS!!! Strike the bitch dead with thy mighty spear, oh mighty and terrible LORD!!!

*pant*

Anyway, here's a link to a preview of the next book of Nightwing, which is part of the War Games multibook storyarc, ad YAY Bruce doesn't disappoint me!! Good flying mousie! *pets the bat* Good die fledermausmann!! http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3166

From: the palace garden of the Lord of the Red Lands. | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
taichara
Stealth Ninja Hamster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for taichara   Email taichara         Edit/Delete Post     
Taking a break from my Jason Todd conspiracy theories --

*grins evilly at Flannel Lass*

-- to concur wholeheartedly with just how bloody twisted Devin Greyson has made the Nightwing book.

Ye shining hells, if she were a fanwriter she would be flambe by now.
Mary-Sue writing at its worst, combined with reams upon reams of pointless -- and disturbing! -- character torment ... geh.

In an ideal world, Tarantula will get arrested. Or killed off during War Games -- that would be nice, too.
Unfortunately, putting Nightwing back together again might be more of an undertaking than can be logically done at this point ...

The fact that DC seems to be blithely allowing yon writer to get away with this kind of travesty despite massive fan outrage is disturbing.
Even to this Legion fan, who should maybe be used to it.
Then again, what has been written in Nightwing lately bothers me on a deeper level than even Legion Lost -- and that really gets to me, even now ...

Good to see that Batman still has nice sharp eyes. There may be hope yet. From Batman, no less. *shakes head wonderingly*

Hm.
*conspirator mode on*
Maybe if Jason comes back, he kills Tarantula slowly and messily.
There's a strange kind of justice there that gives me a nice warm evil feeling ...

Tai

(edited to try and minimize spoilers, at least ...)

[ August 04, 2004, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Tai'Chara ]

--------------------
c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

From: Hou'ou-shi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowsparkle   Email snowsparkle         Edit/Delete Post     
If you've never read this, and maybe aren't familiar with all of the character's history, here is an interesting essay which refers to the changes made in Dick Grayson... Pre-Tarantula.

http://www.fanzing.com/mag/fanzing30/feature3.shtml

[ August 04, 2004, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: snowsparkle ]

--------------------
Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard

From: the incandescent world of ice | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, very interesting article snowsparkle.

I never really thought much about the difference in Dick from the 80's Titans and his 90's solo series, but there does seem to be some disconnect.

Grayson's current run on the book has only made it much, much worse.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad I don't read this anymore.

Anyone else getting disturbed by all the rape happening in the DCU?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
I would get rid of Tarantula by having Dick come to his senses and arrest her for murder. She could come back later as a great nemesis for him. Then I would bring Steph in as a partner for him. She's already left the roll of Spoiler behind, and now Robin as well. She could become the new Flamebird to reboot that classic Silver Age team. That is, of course, assuming that Tim is slated to return to his Robin identity. If not, I would much prefer to see him become Dick's partner. They already have a great relationship and would work extremely well together.

[Dreamer] I haven't followed Nightwing for some time now and am glad to be missing out on this Tarantula mess (though Wolfman's Dick Grayson will ALWAYS be my greatest non-Legion love *hee hee*.

I must say though, Vee, your idea to put Stephanie in the role of Nightwing's sidekick as a Flamebird II is sheer genius. And it strikes me as odd that the writer can't think of something as apropos as this, which would delight fans, rather than such an out-of-character, Chuck Austen-level of doggy dung that no one likes. [Dreamer]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
That was a great article snowsparkle. It really is tragic how badly some writers have mangled some classic DC characters. Not only Dick Grayson but also Roy Harper. Back when he was Speedy he was my favourite character in all of comics and I would've bought anything that had even the slightest mention of him in it. ... The fact that now I don't even flick through Outsiders at the shop says it all really.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowsparkle   Email snowsparkle         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think we'll be seeing Stephanie as a Flamebird anytime soon, given as Flamebird is still operating off and on on the West Coast - Bette Hall, the way way waaaaay back original Batgirl.

I, also, am unhappy with what's been going on with Roy. Even the art makes me itch - one of the best features Roy consistently had was his big, expressive eyes. Now he's a pinheaded squinty slutmonkey. It's really jarring to read Outsiders and then read Speedy back in the "Snowbirds Don't Fly" era, and I don't just mean the slang.

I've been wondering how Outsiders and Nightwing can possibly both be continuity. Perhaps some of Dick's behaviour with the team is related to what's going on in his own book, but I just don't see how there's enough time for there to be both happening.

I also wonder if everyone losing memory of who the Flash is (including the Flash) and Wally West subsequently dropping off the 'dar for two months or so is being accounted for in the books featuring Dick. The last time I remember seeing Wally anywhere near the Nightwing was the issue where (thanks to Tarantula's interference) Barbara broke up with Dick.

(Edited for spelling)

[ August 04, 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: snowsparkle ]

--------------------
Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard

From: the incandescent world of ice | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by snowsparkle:
I don't think we'll be seeing Stephanie as a Flamebird anytime soon, given as Flamebird is still operating off and on on the West Coast - Bette Hall, the way way waaaaay back original Batgirl.

[Dreamer] Her name is Bette Kane not Hall. And considering she's only dusted off for trademark purposes every so often, it wouldn't be hard to officially retire her and open the spot up to Steph. But even if Bette didn't retire, DC currently has 2 Flashes and 3 GLs - what's another Flamebird? [Dreamer]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miss Terious:
[QB Her name is Bette Kane not Hall. [/QB/QUOTE]

*scratches head in puzzlement* How did I manage that typo? I was just trying to figure out yesterday if she's meant to be related to Addy Kane (Jericho's mother). Thanks, Miss Terious, for pointing that out.

--------------------
-Eddie Izzard

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.