Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what the odds are that in the next huge Crisis-type event, Superboy-Prime manages to redeem himself by saving the day?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That would only work if he sacrifices himself in the attempt. According to DiDio all but one person in the DCU will now remember everything about their past, pre-post-Crisis/Zero Hour. Too many people saw SBP's bloodrage to accept him.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, that's what I meant. He saves the day by making a big heroic comic-book style sacrifice.

The more I think about it, the more I'm puzzled by how Alex got taken out so easily. He's incredibly powerful one moment, then it's like he's an ordinary guy the next.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Tell that to Hal Jordan [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, there's always the whole "The Anti-Monitor made me do it" way out. [Wink]
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
It's pretty crappy.

sums it up.

comes complete with action figures though!!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to bash something I haven't and won't read (unless I flip through the inevitable TPB at Barnes & Nobles or whatever,) but it just seems utterly stupid that Power Girl will remember being Kal-L's cousin, even though she patently is not since he didn't exist now. Wouldn't that just make everyone with the overlapping memories go crazy eventually? Good lord.

According to Dan DiDio's comments over at Newsarama, the Matrix/Linda Earth Angel Supergirl is out of continuity now. Hypertime's back out too now if I read his comments correctly. Um, if the Speed Force is burned out now does that mean all those future Flashes are out also? If there's no Speed Force now and in the future, where did Bart get his powers from?

Anyway. Killing off Kal-L is a great big flamingly stupid move. They never should have touched him after Crisis #12. Sigh.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The more I think about it, the more I'm puzzled by how Alex got taken out so easily. He's incredibly powerful one moment, then it's like he's an ordinary guy the next.

Let's see we can pick A.) Superboy-Prime's "punching the fabric of reality" B.) The new (convoluted) history of the "new" Earth had him reborn without his powers C.) Come up with any crappy, nonsensical explanation. The people paid by DC Comics seem to.

Was there any point to any of this? At least the prior Crisis brought the Golden Age/Silver Age/Bronze Age/non-DC Originating characters all upon one Earth. This one seems as pointless and stupid as Zero Hour. Maybe more so.

For the first time in my life, I have more respect for Marvel than DC. They better get rid of Didio fast before I stop collecting them too.

[ May 03, 2006, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Even with the stuff they fixed... what's the point of giving us a "kind of/maybe" Superboy if they weren't going to use that to restore the real Legion?
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm with Superboy Prime.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

To make things even more confusing, in the latest JSA Click Here For A Spoilerthe ghost of the Earth-2 Batman shows up to help out
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget that some kids find the Green Lantern of the Tangent verse's green lantern.

I am sure that all the questions we have will be answered in due time. I liked the issue. But that's just me.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read it. Unbelievable. I thought it was amazing. My lil bro's reading it right now, so I'll try to give quick comments on various things:

Click Here For A Spoiler Superboy's death was portrayed very appropriately. The Big 3 were great all issue and were themselves again...and they were great at the end.

Superman of Earth-2 and Superman of Earth-1 teaming up for the big final battle...*sniff*. It was worth it for that!

TONS and TONS of little bits that were pleasing, like all three bat-family members taking on Deathstroke, a whole host of New Bloods killed (haha, I called for this months ago!), the Joker and Lex finish off Alex, and so much more.

Hawkman still lives! Yay! Superman had a pre-Metropolis career! Yay (real Superboy)! Diana founded the JLA! Stupid Peacemaker of the 90's killed off! Great GL action! Superboy Prime being IMO the biggest villain since the Anti-Monitor in any comic book universe! Action, great art, etc., etc.

It'll take me another read and some time to digest it all.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I did think the Superboy Prime/Alex Luthor plans and endings were a little of a let-down, but the overall battle was cool.

Plus, a hint of future things included...Starman (Thom)? I'm curious! And a confirmation of 'Mystery in Space' and 'Tales of the Unexpected' to begin sometime soon...

Eryk, Nighty & others, I'm hoping that 'History of the DCU' clears up some stuff for all of us in regards to what continuity is now.

I actually thought it was a pretty good tale and made things less confusing than 1985 - 2006.

*choke* Tell me that blast on the Bloodlines characters wasn't great though! [Big Grin]

[ May 03, 2006, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
So, that's the Pérez Wonder Woman run out-of-continuity then...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.