Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
at last....solved finally but still not sure with one figure on G.P. Cover.....not trickster! it's Felix Faust. The one attacked by Thunderbolt is Baron Blitzkrieg and the one near Mary Marvel clinging to the wall - is that Starman Jack Knight??? or Hitman back from dead? Anyway beautiful covers!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
From the top left across:

Baron Blitzkrieg
Thunderbolt
Bulleteer III
Raven
Felix Faust
Weather Wizard
Stargirl
Per Degaton
Bolt
Robin III
Beast Boy
Lady Quark
Amazo
Bizarro
Dr. Light I
Steel II
Black Adam
Captain Marvel, Jr.
Man-Bat
Wonder Girl II
Neutron
Metamorpho
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Green Arrow I
Wildcat I
Aresenal
Bane
Aquaman II
Reverse-Flash II
Flash I
Cheetah II
Plastic Man
Black Canary II
Doctor Psycho
Nightwing
Scarecrow
Mary Marvel
Hitman (?)
Poison Ivy
Gorilla Grodd
S.T.R.I.P.E.
Batman
Heat Wave
Floronic Man
Wonder Woman II
Killer Croc
Black Manta
Deathstroke
Hourman II

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
So like, didn't the final issue come out today?

Where are all those spoilers for those of us not getting our comics until the weekend? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
yes it did. i picked it up. that is all. [Wink]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
There were some lengthy ones posted at the DCMB's already which were unfortunately accurate, it seems. I don't think I'll be bothering to read any of this at all...
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerBrother Power the Geek does not appear at all

Click Here For A SpoilerSuperboy Prime is psychotic

Click Here For A SpoilerAquaman disbands the Justice League and reforms them in Detroit. (oh wait that was just a flashback I was experiencing)

Click Here For A SpoilerSuperman and Batman consummate their love for each other (oh wait that was just a dream I had)

Click Here For A SpoilerI am such a tease

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Come on guys. Let's get some real spoilers going here. I won't get my copy until a week from this coming Monday. Unless I want to pay full cover price and try to find a copy at the store tonight.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's pretty crappy.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
It's pretty crappy.

This is a surprise?!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Click Here For A SpoilerThe story opens with the heroes standing over Superboy's corpse. Green Lantern shows up and tells them that the Society is attacking Metropolis. Apparently, Alex Luthor has decided if he can't recreate the Earth he wants, he'll conquer this one. Oh, and he mentions that this is another New Earth, not the same as the one before.

Anyway, there's several pages of tons of people who I don't recognize getting killed.

Bart Allen shows up wearing Barry Allen's uniform.

Superboy-Prime decides to destroy Oa, and with this new universe. All the flying heroes take off after him. The Green Lanterns make a stand to protect Oa, which slows Superboy-Prime down enough for the rest to catch up.

Alex tries to blast Batman, but hits Nightwing instead, seemingly killing him. Batman punches Alex, and considers shooting him in the head, before Wonder Woman shows up. Wonder Woman reminds him that killing Alex wouldn't be worth it. Alex is seemingly killed when a building collapses.

The two Superman attack Superboy-Prime, flying him through the remains of Krypton, through Krypton's red sun, and eventually to Mogo, the Green Lantern planet. They are all gradually losing their powers, but they fight, and Superman of Earth-2 is beaten pretty badly before Superman of Earth-1 finally defeats Superboy-Prime. Superboy of Earth-2 dies. He's apparently buried next to Lois and Kon-El.

Bart had only enough residual speed force energy to last through the one battle, so he gives up being Flash, and gives the mantle back to Jay.

Alex turns out to still be alive in Gotham City, but not for long, as Lex Luthor and the Joker catch up to him and the Joker kills him for not letting him in the Society.

Diana, Clark, and Bruce all take off for their respective years off.

The series ends with Superboy-Prime imprisoned in a cell in the center of Oa, vowing to escape.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Eryk. Doesn't seem it really cleared anything up. Was the issue of multiple Earths even touched on? Not worth an extra $4.00 and a trip to the store.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Nope. Basically, they seem to have cleared up a bit of the dammage done to the DCU by the first Crisis, but overall the changes to the DCU don't seem to be much greater than those wrought by the Zero Hour crapfest. In other words, very little is really fixed. Hardly the new, improved DCU that was supposed to come out of this.
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, it leaves it's own set of questions at the end. While I haven't given it a full read, I have given it a quick run through.

Click Here For A SpoilerWhat happened to Alex's powers that he gets capped so easily?

Click Here For A SpoilerWhere's Donna and the others? Such a big deal was made about their departure, and they only played a small part!

Click Here For A SpoilerI think the Flash is NOT going to be Jay Garrick. This smells of a setup.

Click Here For A SpoilerWonder Woman stopping Batman from pulling the trigger? After the big deal was made about her being a 'warrior'? What a cop out!

Click Here For A SpoilerAnd they lock SP up for eternity? That did work the first two times...what makes them think it will work again?

Jamie

[ May 03, 2006, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Stratum ]

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
someone who looks like dick grayson in civies appears at the end. (him?)

bart ages a couple years comes back dressed as flash (looking pretty much like wally west) only to lose his powers? wtf.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the more intriguing things about the book is that last splash pages and what it hints about the future:
-- Batwoman?
-- Jay's there and so's the Flash. So who's wearing Wally's costume?
-- The Marvel Family - Cap gets white duds and a hood (since he's trapped in the Rock?) and Kid Marvel gets the red outfit.
-- Martian Manhunter gets a new "conehead" look
-- I hadn't seen him in the previews, but there appears to be a new Black Condor as well.
-- Is that Kingdom Come Starman? Who was that supposed to be anyway? Thom?

other random thoughts:
-- the art changes weren't too bad, but it was noticeably different (and of much lower quality on the "like hell" page and even that last splash at the end.
-- It's such a cop-out that Superboy was nothing more than a psychotic madman running around ripping people in half. Aside from the pretty art, there wasn't much to the "climax". When they turned Hal into Parallax as the villain for Zero Hour, they did the same thing - making him mad just negates the dramatic power and inner conflict of having a formerly great hero go bad.

[ May 04, 2006, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.