Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty thin gruel of an interview, IMO.

Click Here For A Spoiler With a team name like X-Factor, unpredictable change has a way of finding you out.

X-FACTOR Writer Peter David, never a fan of letting his characters rest on their laurels for too long—or ever—has recently begun putting his squad back together in the wake of their losses post-"Messiah CompleX."

These things don't come easy, though, and X-Factor has a little more way to go before they reach the light of day. Marvel.com caught up with the prolific scribe to talk about what's in store for the only official team of mutants in the Marvel Universe at the moment. Marvel.com: X-Factor seems to be a little depressed lately, with Layla Miller trapped in the future and Rahne leaving the team. Why has this hit them so hard? What will it take to get out of this rut anytime soon, or is there only more bad news on their horizon?

Peter David: Rahne and Layla were literally the heart and soul of the team. They didn't even realize how much they needed Layla until she was gone. It's like someone shut off the lights, and for the next few issues they're shouting against the encroaching shadows of the darkness. The next few issues will really blow the entire world of X-Factor to hell and gone. That doesn't mean there will be endless bleakness, though. By the end of the current story arc, X-Factor is going to be left in a better place than they are right now.

Marvel.com: Has "Messiah CompleX" altered the team's mission statement at all?

Peter David: They've been redefining their mission statement ever since House of M, really. They're the most street-level team in the Marvel Universe, and thus are the most directly affected by major events.

Marvel.com: Speaking of "Messiah CompleX," Jamie still has a dupe trapped in a potential future. Have we heard the last of that plotline yet?

Peter David: No. That will definitely be revisited.

Marvel.com: How is Siryn handling the fact that she's pregnant with Madrox's child? And, for that matter, how will the team respond to the revelation?

Peter David: Different members of the team will respond in different ways, although I certainly think some version of "Holy crap!" will be a consistent reaction. As for Siryn, she's in turmoil, but also oddly at peace about it.

Marvel.com: Arcade will soon be paying a visit to the "Middle East Side." Why has he chosen now to make his reappearance?

Peter David: For the best reason of all: Someone hired him. Someone who has a very specific reason to resent the hell out of X-Factor.

Marvel.com: X-Factor will be moving their base of operations soon. Anything you can tell us about that?

Peter David: Well, sure, but why spoil it?

Marvel.com: You've got a crossover with SHE-HULK, which you also write, coming up—how'd that come about?

Peter David: Literally because fans asked for it. People kept saying, "We'd love to see She-Hulk and X-Factor run into each other." And I agreed. So we're doing it.

Marvel.com: Will we be seeing any pointy-eared aliens infiltrating the book in the near future?

Peter David: Secret Invasion will play a factor in the X-FACTOR/SHE-HULK crossover, yes.

Marvel.com: You just wrapped your first arc on SHE-HULK, what else will Shulkie have to face before her crossover with X-Factor?

Peter David: First she'll have to deal with the fallout from issue #26, and that's going to involve visits from some unexpected associates. Then she goes to Cleveland to try and arrest Bran the terrorist, only to run into the man who was responsible for her being disbarred. Issue #29 will feature the full story of just how she lost her bar card, and issue #30 features a guest appearance by Hercules.

Tomorrow, X-Factor Week continues as we announce, speak to and preview the book's brand new artist! And right now you can check out the catalogue of Peter David over at Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, the first 'article,' which was basically a heads-up of what they were gonna do on the following days.

Click Here For A Spoiler An "x-factor" generally refers to an element one can't see coming; the unpredictable intangible that throws everything around it into a state of chaos; the "wild card" that means all bets are off.

In the Marvel Universe, X-FACTOR means all those things as well as one heck of an entertaining ongoing series starring Jamie Madrox and the world's most dysfunctional team of mutant private investigators.

Over the next few days, Marvel.com gives our buddies at X-Factor Investigations more than a little love with "X-Factor Week," a thrill-a-minute look at the former Multiple Man and friends chock full of Q&A sessions, features and exclusive announcements on the future of X-FACTOR.

Here's a sampling of what to x-pect…

TUESDAY: Our weekly Tuesday Q&A snags X-FACTOR writer Peter David, who chats about the new direction for his team spinning out of "Messiah CompleX," a crossover with a certain green goliath he also guides the destiny of, and speaking of green…how an upcoming "Invasion" will affect X-Factor. All this and more, including…a new home?

WEDNESDAY: A new artist for X-FACTOR gets announced exclusively on Marvel.com! This x-citing name is no stranger to Peter David or X-Factor, so stay tuned for the major announcement!

THURSDAY: Another exclusive announcement of two new members joining the X-Factor roster! Who will take their place alongside Madrox's current band of misfits? You can only find out on Marvel.com!

And that's just some of what we've got in store for Jamie, Guido, Siryn, Monet, Rictor and the rest! It's X-Factor Week and anything can happen!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Set.

I haven't read PAD's She-Hulk since the disappointing first two issues; based on the lack of "buzz" on this board or any other, I assume it hasn't improved. Having said that, I look forward to his X-Factor/She-Hulk crossover, because his X-Factor/Hulk crossover from the early 90s was excellent.

And I hope the new artist is not only good, but, more importantly, able to maintain a monthly schedule.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
X-Factor # 29 is great!

After the intense character moments of recent episodes, we seem to be in for a fun (but still dark) romp for a change of pace. With a vintage X-Men villain, yet. And there's still plenty of the usual great banter.

I've never heard of Valentine DeLandro before, but the art is excellent. Shame it's only for one arc.

So, who's the new "regular" artist going to be?

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Larry Stroman [Disgusting]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

LOL

I disliked his art a lot more back during the early 90s PAD/Stroman X-Factor v.1 run than I do now.

Long as PAD keeps writing top-notch scripts, I'm there.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Monet's "Three's Company" comment.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
And the new members are Darwin and... LONGSHOT?!

http://marvel.com/news/comics.2890

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Orignally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I liked Monet's "Three's Company" comment.

I liked it too. Brings back memories of watching that show, dubbed in Spanish, as a kid. Most of the double-entendres got lost in translation (that's probably why my parents allowed me to watch it), so to me it was just slapstick fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
And the new members are Darwin and... LONGSHOT?!

I'm happy with Longshot joining the team. I've always liked him. Plus, the team has had so much bad luck lately, they could use him.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Monet's joke. But as a telepath with her own personal moral code, it seemed a bit out of place. She's rather young to be watching that old show. [Wink]

Ric's response to Rahne was spot on for me. I'm not one for Dear John letters; if you had something to say, you'd make sure to say it.

As for the new recruits... Darwin is a cypher to me. But Longshot? Trust PAD to take all those Shatterstar requests and give them a twist

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
She's rather young to be watching that old show.

Not necesarrily. It was only a short time ago that Three's Company was heavily rotated on TV Land, and even today it still shows up in the wee hours.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

PAD talks X-Factor/She-Hulk crossover

[Roll Eyes]

Try to keep an open mind, kids.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Darwin and Longshot?

I'll be getting this anyway, but if I were on the bubble, their introduction to the team certainly wouldn't induce me to continue with it.

In other words, *yawn*.

I suppose Madrox and co. on Mojoworld is therefore inevitable. Double *yawn*.

Darwin, at least, is pretty much a clean slate. It'll be interesting to see what Peter David does with his powers, if anything.

Hmmm. Isn't Longshot Shatterstar's father? Or something?

Wonder how Rictor'll react to him if he knows that...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Huh. X-Factor # 30 continues the Arcade arc, and while PAD's portrayal of this veteran X-villain is on target, something about the story seems off. The sight gag involving Monet's encounter with high voltage doesn't work for me, because it minimizes the danger that the characters are supposed to be in (and the way she starts addressing teammates by other names has got me totally confused.) Rictor's escape from the deathtrap doesn't work for me, either, it seemed way too easy. The dialogue seemed off, too; the wittiest moment was not verbal but visual, when we get a glimpse at Arcade's Space Invaders socks.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was fun and entertaining, but it didn't have any weight to it. But that's okay, I like the occassional "fun" story. Monet's bit made me smile, and Jamie's rather chivalrous dupe brought a smile.

This is that quirky book PAD is known for, and with Longshot joing, I'm hoping to see more of it.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.