Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Also on-hand at Stonehedge:

Mya, the hero from Justice League Europe from back in the day. I remember being shocked to see her.

And was Tasmanian Devil also there (his silhoette) or is my memory going all wacky again?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Not having read the Titans annual, did he say he couldn't turn into water for people to drink or that he just didn't want to? I can see turning into air for others to breathe or water to drink if it's necessary, but it might not be the most fun thing to do, even for an elemental freak.

But it may just be a matter of the fact that Rex's powers aren't well-defined.

I think they are defined enough so that we know that he can't spontaneously increase his mass and thus produce additional oxygen or water. I assume that some writers do not realize this or ignore it.

I also believe in his original run, he could only turn into elements that exist in the human body. One could infer that all the elements in Rex's body didn't increase, but that they just all collected together. So Rex only has as much iron as is in a human body initially, but he could collect it all together to form a skin around himself. His body is fluid so he would also be able to form other shapes, but again not be able to increase his mass.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
But would Rex be able to turn into a chemical that when coming into contact with the chemicals in space would give off Oxygen?

And Cobie, you are correct about Taz and Mya. They were both at Stonehenge.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone commented yet on the revelations of the "New Earth" assembly page?

Like, it sure looks as if a Superboy, with a Superdog, is standing in front of a "Welcome to Smallville" sign?

If this page really represents the assembly of the new DC universe, and not just easter eggs to fans, then this seems like MOMENTOUS news. Does anyone know about this?

Oh, and it looks like Wonder Woman is once again present at the formation of the JLA, undoing that stupid 80's "all changes happen NOW" policy.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The question is whether the images on the shards are the bits which are to be put in or broken off of the New Earth continuity.

I hope most of this will be covered in the History of the DCU and the Secret Origins back up features of 52.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
It was kinda hard to say. I wasn't sure if the shards represented what was going into the New Earth, or were meant to be broken bits of multiple earths being destroyed.

Of course, there's still one more issue in which the "Super-Manitor" can shake the continuity tree a bit before meeting his end (or becoming the new Superboy of the DCU)...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

I say yes. I poured over this page a good 10 minutes the other night and if you look closely at the progression of the planets you see that the shards all form into one of the earlier phases of the earth.

At least that was my take on it.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW, IC # 6-- *WHAT* an issue. TONS of great moments.

*sigh*... SPOILERS FOLLOW, of course...

As a Clone-El Superboy fan all along, you can guess how it affected me.

But I think what most startled and bothered me was the out-of-nowhere death of STAR SAPPHIRE. This is the Star Sapphire from the 70s Secret Society of Super-Villains and I really liked her.

If this is paving the way for the crappy Carol Ferriss version to return... [Mad]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
If this is paving the way for the crappy Carol Ferriss version to return... [Mad] [/QB]

I think you called this one, Lash. At the very least, it will be another Jordan conquest.

Jamie

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Just out of curiousity, but wasn't Star Sapphire a villain? If so, why was she working alongside the heroes to resurrect the Spectre? Or are the villains working with the heroes now that their Earth is in peril? I realize that Black Adam was working with the heroes at the end, but I don't think of him so much as a villain as I do a demi-god, and therefore subject to his own rules [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda like me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I wondered how you could survive as just a head, LASH!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
another great issue !! and i'm truly sorry to see CONNER die !! i think he's really grown as a character during Geoff's run on the 'TEEN TITANS' !!

and he was HOT too !!

do we think he'll return ??

from the recent PODCASTS that i've listened to, the creators have mentioned past DEATHS and how if a character dies, they should stay DEAD, and from DAN's 'DC NATION' pages, it sonds like CONNER will remain dead !!

i'm [Frown] !! let's hope TIM gets those experiments working .......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It looks like IC #7 will have heroes vs. villains in Metropolis (with some more possible death) and Superboy Prime vs. Supes, Bats, Wondy, GL, and their respective families, as well as J'Onn and Power Girl (and who else knows?!). It looks pretty darn cool!

Jim Lee cover

George Perez cover

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

YOu can also see Hourman, Arsenal and Lady Quark all battling in the Perez cover, so I hope they make it out OK! (Hourman apparently is against Deathstroke of all people...). Here's hoping Lady Quark mercilessly kills Dr. Light!
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.