Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
As Rictor faces down death underneath a rapidly lowering, swinging blade
Shatterstar finally found out about Rictor cheating on him with Rahne?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I called the plot twist on page one of X-Factor # 28!! [Yes] [Big Grin]

Click Here For A Spoiler I knew all along that Monet was a red herring and it's Siryn who's with child. PAD does it again.

I also called Madrox's meltdown. He's melting like the makeup with which he'd been covering the "M" brand he got in the future.

The whole issue is just bursting with wonderful character moments!

Much as I hate that Rahne has left, PAD did as good a job on her exit as humanly possible.

I love how we see both sides of Monet in the same issue -- the surprisingly compassionate side and the totally mean side, sometimes from one word balloon to the next.

Raimondi, as always, does a fine job on the art. I so wish he was doing the next four issues. Just how much lead time does that guy need away??

My only concern is that the book has a new editor (I would hope that the exit of the one who did the last few issues was meant to be temporary until they found someone who could settle in.) And I cringe whenever I see Axel Alonso's Executive Editor credit -- him and PAD had a feud a few years ago when PAD criticized the direction the Hulk took while Alonso was editing it (the Bruce Jones era.) I'm just paranoid enough to worry that Alonso deliberately wants to sabotage X-Factor (it's not as if he's been a good influence on the rest of the X-Universe.)

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the way PAD wrote Rahne leaving... Jamie's frustration and Monet's bipolar reactions. Her conversation with Terry about the pregnancy wasn't unexpected.

The Guido and Rictor buddy thing was interesting. I never really saw these two hanging out much. It will be intersting to see it play out.

Jamie's monolouge was understandable, to frame the story and give readers an idea of where things stand post MC. But it got to be a bit much for me. Here's hoping it doesn't bleed over the rest of the story arc.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah this latest issue was awesome! I just haven't been digging the title all that much. Good character stuff but I get bored a bit with the usual Madrox & Layla Miller stuff.

This was a break away from that. The Rahne leaving story was awesome! Good focus on each character! The spoiler made things much more interesting!

I always loved the character work. Now with Madrox and Layla trapped in the future(s?) things are really going to get interesting.

I didn't think this title was going to benefit from the crossover but I was wrong. I'm for a new direction.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to see Jamie going all wild bunch on the Purifiers. Couldn't happen to a skeevier bunch of pointy-headed cretins.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Yeah this latest issue was awesome! I just haven't been digging the title all that much. Good character stuff but I get bored a bit with the usual Madrox & Layla Miller stuff.

This was a break away from that. The Rahne leaving story was awesome! Good focus on each character! The spoiler made things much more interesting!

I always loved the character work. Now with Madrox and Layla trapped in the future(s?) things are really going to get interesting.

I didn't think this title was going to benefit from the crossover but I was wrong. I'm for a new direction.

I think this may well be the best X-Factor issue to date.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Nice to see Jamie going all wild bunch on the Purifiers. Couldn't happen to a skeevier bunch of pointy-headed cretins.

LOL

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

The first X-Factor one-shot spinoff special brings back a character thought dead, who Peter David writes very well.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=13036

quote:
X-FACTOR: THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Written by PETER DAVID
Pencils by PABLO RAIMONDI
Cover by BOO COOK
He’s gone from the son of the one of the world’s greatest villains, to one of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and then to one of the world’s greatest villains in his own right. Now, Pietro Maximoff, Quicksilver, the man behind the Decimation of the world’s mutants finds himself depowered and trapped in a prison cell, where he must confront all the demons of his past. Be sure not to miss this momentous, unforgettable story of the world’s former fastest mutant, with an ending that will have massive ramification for the mutant universe. 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

--------------------

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
So I lived through the "Limited Series" era, now I seem to be living in the "One-Shot" era. If it's an X-Factor story, PUT IT IN THE X-FACTOR TITLE. I cannot and will not keep up with all of these Countdown, Civil War, etc. one-shots. Problem is, then I end up on one of these threads going "So what exactly happened in ____?" Still, better that than paying four dollars for the sake of being complete. I'm too old and too poor to be a completist anymore. Oof--I'm coming off a a bit bitter today.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of Marvel's one-shots (e.g., the various Gage Thunderbolts one-shots) are fill-ins by another name. This... this is bizarre. Utterly bizarre.

It's the same price as a standard issue ($3), the same size as a regular issue (32pg) and by the same creative team (PAD/Raimondi). It's X-Factor #31.5, there's essentially two standard issues in the same month. Just one isn't numbered.

And what makes it even weirder yet is that one-shots typically sell a significant percentage less than a numbered issue...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

X-Factor themed Q & A with Peter David

--------------------

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.2855

Apparently, there's a new artist and TWO new members (one of which is presumably the already-announced Darwin) coming...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.2862.X-Factor_Q%26A:_PAD

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Every time I tried to get on to marvel.com, my computer froze.

Could you please cut & paste the articles?

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.