Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Solicits Thread: Now covering December 2011 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Solicits Thread: Now covering December 2011
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
That's not very "best case" considering the superior work JMS is doing on the book! [No]

No, if JMS leaves, I doubt I'll hang with B&B.

The quality of work is irrelevant given the relative lack of support the book has.

I figure the book will be quietly cancelled if/when JMS leaves, but if I had a say I'd keep it around as an experience builder for new talent.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Like I've said, the good stuff gets cancelled... the crap sticks around.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Helll-lllooooooo AWESOME!

quote:

WEIRD WAR TALES #1
Written by DARWYN COOKE, IVAN BRANDON and JAN STRNAD
Art by DARWYN COOKE, NIC KLEIN and GABRIEL HARDMAN
Cover by DARWYN COOKE
Three sensational short stories from three exceptional creative teams! Whether it’s soldiers risen from the grave, horror beneath the sea or battles among dinosaurs, war has never been weirder than this!
ONE-SHOT • On sale SEPTEMBER 8 • 32 pg FC, $3.99 US

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, definitely gonna get that one. Disappointed, however, that it's regular size and $3.99 AND Cooke's only doing one-third of it. I thought I'd read it was one-half?

Oh well, still gonna get that one, possibly the G.I. Combat one with Sturges and Winslade as well. The other three don't seem to have the creator appeal those two have (other than on the covers).

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
A JSA special in which the KINGDOM COME stuff apparently comes to a head (and hopefully takes KC developments out of the regularly appearing DCU stories permanently...) Downside- Magog guest stars.

Hey Mystery,

I saw an interview with Scott Kolins, and he was taking over the writing/art on Magog, right before it got canceled. I believe that solicited JSA Special is actually just to tie up the loose ends of the Magog series, and it would have been in his title "guest starring the JSA". As much as I love the JSA and Kolins, I plan on skippin' it!

On the bright side, Freedom Fighters can have my money instead!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Gah! All this talk about The Brave and the Bold getting cancelled is seriously harshing my vibe!

It's my favourite book on the stands right now! It had SO better just be on a skip month in September!

Which is entirely possible. Wasn't the Adam Strange/Lois Lane pairing only in the previous month's solicits? And wasn't the book bi-monthly before JMS took it over? Don't see why it couldn't be again.

I would be sad if that were the case, but I could live with it if that's what it takes to keep JMS giving us great tales here.

Those 'War' books all look great too but $3.99 for 32 pages? That's a price I am not willing to pay.

Titans, JLA, JSA, Outsiders - all blah to me. You know DC has seriously ****ed up those properties when even a dedicated DC-team fan like me can barely muster the enthusiasm to even read the solicits about them.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I assume they'll eventually collect the War Comics as a trade? If so, that's how I'm buying them.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

Titans, JLA, JSA, Outsiders - all blah to me. You know DC has seriously ****ed up those properties when even a dedicated DC-team fan like me can barely muster the enthusiasm to even read the solicits about them.

Picked up Outsiders when they "killed" Batman. Dropped it before Blackest Night, long before Didio started writing.

Dropped all Titans books and JLA books in protest.

Kept up with JSA, but not buying Robinson's issues.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Marvel's Sept. solicits include a VALKYRIE one-shot! With a beautiful cover (at least on the computer screen...)
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe that Games is actually coming out! The last I had heard, it was indefinitely shelved with little hope of ever being finished.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
there is one war book I am gonna go buy it for sure - the appearance of Mademoiselle Marie!!!!! Oh.....yeessssss!! Ka-ching! can't wait to see the spy action of Mlle. Marie. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I can't believe that Games is actually coming out! The last I had heard, it was indefinitely shelved with little hope of ever being finished.

If this book can finally come out after, what, twenty years, anything's possible.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Black Widow's got a new creative team. Guess I'm dropping that. Probably Uncanny X-Men and X-Men: Legacy, too.

Nice cover for New Mutants #17.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone think this should be a monthly headlined thread (kept at the top of the forum) like the similar thread in the Legion forum? I thought about doing so but am a little on the fence. Thoughts?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That would actually make a lot of sense to me.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.