Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Letters & Emails you've sent to comic books (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Letters & Emails you've sent to comic books
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
The lettercol of LEGION LOST #11 contains 3 letters: The first one from Dean Lee(our own Sketch Lad), and the other 2 from me!!(one under the name Alisynde & one under the name lil'rhino)
Go check!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
wow... two???

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Si!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I had a message board posting printed in the letters section of MAGE II .... For the life of me I don't remember what it was about but I remember it being a thoughtful analysis of some kind - probably of Mage, but maybe Grendel. Diana Shultz wrote me a nice email then sent me a preview copy of whatever Grendel special was about to come out so that I could write a letter about it. (I don't think that one got published)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I totally had a letter printed in Haunt #9! And one of the artists whose art I LOVED as a kid, Todd McFarlane, personally replied!

I will gladly sign copies at my future LMB-Con appearances!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone else get a surprise package of comics for getting their letter published? I got a nice stack of DC Implosion era comics in the mail after mine was published - including a Weird War Tales autographed by Bob Rozakis.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, can I ask your opinion on an e-mail I sent to J.T. Krul, on Rise #4?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Second Image comic in just a matter of months to print a letter from the legendary poster known as Cobalt Kid: Turf #3!

Buy your copy now and I promise to sign it at the next LMB-Con!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a bit published in the letters page of PAD's Supergirl.

They took it off the message boards. It was something along the lines of "Our stupendous sweetie in the short skirt". Sounded much worse than it was [Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Guys, can I ask your opinion on an e-mail I sent to J.T. Krul, on Rise #4?

Always.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yet another letter by the legendary poster Cobalt Kid has been printed! Run out to your local comic book store and pick up an issue of the Infinite #2 by Image Comics to see Cobie gush over Robert Kirkman and attempt to Rob Liefield a pep-talk by telling him to ignore his haters and do what he does best!

Image has printed three of my letters in one year (three for three, as they’ve written all I’ve printed). I might start writing them every month!

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats, Cobie!

Um . . . what does Rob Liefeld do best? [Wink]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
NOT feet... [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Or hands...or eyes...or anything to do with anatomy...

That's a good question HWL.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was... 12, I guess... maybe 13... I wrote a letter into DC's "Who's Who" just gushing about how cool I thought the concept was. I never saw it printed, but admittedly, I also didn't own a full set, so, in the back of my mind... you know... maybe.

25 years later, this past spring, I finally completed my Who's Who run and... no letter.

Curses! [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.