Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Can anyone help!!!!???? - Death of Superman Poster (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can anyone help!!!!???? - Death of Superman Poster
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
He looks like a junkie. No offense.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
None taken. He does look totally strung out. Or like he's just found about about the reboot.

FWIW, I figure it's UB too.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Look at Saturn Girl. Yuck!

Well, she is in mourning. No one looks their best when they are mourning. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it looks like mystery solved, I guess!

Thanks everybody!

And he does look like a junkie. And Lightning Lad doesn't look much better.

And I think Mon-El is separate because of Valor, when he was mostly on his own as it was.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I also think that that's supposed to be Jan Arrah (Element Lad) behind Strata.

You'd think they'd take a bit more time with the art/coloring on a piece like this.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder why the hell they'd have the Legion in that poster anyway?!?!

a) Supes had basically been ripped out of LSH continuity after the Crisis.

b) In continuity they now only had a passing acquaintance with Supes via the Time After Time arc.

c) TMK Legion had very few 20th century appearances at the time, limited to pretty much Furball/Timber Wolf and, ugh, Jamm (and he was never a Legionnaire, thank god!).

I guess the reasons are twofold: a) Symbolically the Legion were a big part of Supes' history, continuity or no, so Jurgens wanted to acknowlege that. And, b) DC was probably trying to represent all the heroes that had currently had ongoings in the poster whether it made sense for them to be there or not.

In any case the Legion probably had a better idea than anyone else that Supes was gonna get better, so why bother? [Razz]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it must be promotional as it is, because Martian Manhunter's alter ego at the time is in attendance with him, and why Tim Drake is helping bear Supes over Nightwing is beyond me.

Hell, Jimmy O. was always Supes' pal, can't he bring himself together to help lift the man?

Besides, the following issue of Action afterwords I recently read where Dr. Occult shows up and explains to Supes and Lois that Superman didn't ACTUALLY die in the first place, so if I ever get th chance in my so far nonexistent writing career, I'd bring that point back up, at least with DC's creative minds that I could.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.