Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Super-_________________ (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Super-_________________
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Movie Superman could also turn back time and erase Lois's memory. Had those dorks ever even read a Superman comic?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
In the Supergirl movie didn't Kara have the ability to grow to Earth-size and shrink to Argo City-size? I don't know, it's been 20 years, but it seems that she had some other deus ex machina powers in the movie.

Shan

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
What about super farting? Or was that just part of the time travel coolness..?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Didn't Superman have the power of Super Muscular Control which allowed him to change the way his face looked.

didn't Byrne's revamp....included stating all Supe's powers were psychokinetic in nature. (the Who's Who of that era under "powers" section)

example: heat vision - he mentally heated up molecules.

and he had some personal force field aura that explained why his uniform didn't get trashed all the time (although it does seem to now) but in particular when he flew at super speed (like the flash has a "force field" when he runs)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Supes could dematerialize in the original TV series.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Didn't Superman have the power of Super Muscular Control which allowed him to change the way his face looked.

didn't Byrne's revamp....included stating all Supe's powers were psychokinetic in nature. (the Who's Who of that era under "powers" section)

example: heat vision - he mentally heated up molecules.

and he had some personal force field aura that explained why his uniform didn't get trashed all the time (although it does seem to now) but in particular when he flew at super speed (like the flash has a "force field" when he runs)

I think that was a way of explaning why large objects such as ocean liners, buildings etc... didn't collapse under their own weight when Superman lifted them.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I don't like Byrne's solution at all. That just gives them carte blanc to make up a new power any time they feel like it.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I remember one story where Superman rearranged the letters on a handwritten cue card by combining his heat and x-ray vision to rearrange the pencil markings. WTF? Why didn't he just move at super speed to substitute a new cue card?

--------------------

doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Super-speed came very early. My "Superman from the 1930s to the 1970s" books has several 1940s stories where Supes used super-speed a LOT, mainly to avoid revealing his identity to Lois Lane. Clark and Lois would be trapped in some thingy, so Clark would move at super-speed, build a replica of himself inside his Clark clothes using rags, break the trap thingie, and then get back into his Clark clothes, all before Lois could say "Great Krypton." Siegel and Schuster were pretty creative in using Supes limited abilities.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
To many he also possess the power of Super-Sexiness!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.