Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The hooded person is Junior. Junior lives in a box in the first two issues, so the travel bag is sort of in character.

[ January 24, 2009, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, opinion time. Does this sound like something the Sixers would say?

“Why don’t we try baking gingerbread?” Kay asked.

“I’d probably just destroy the stove. And then I’d have to listen to Blake complain that I destroyed his precious kitchen.” Scandal told her.

“I’d snap his spine if he did.” Kay sweetly whispered.

“You’d do that for me?”

“Poppet I just did it five minutes ago to Kiteman. Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas, Beloved.”

“Yes Merry Christmas indeed!” Ragdoll popped out of his hidey hole.

“You’ve been here the whole time haven’t you?” Scandal asked.

“And not just me. Fellows, come out and spread the Christmas cheer.”

Kay destroyed the wall, revealing Deadshot with a camera.

“You’re gonna castrate us now, aren’t you?”

“I’d sorry to say they’d missed the chance. Although they can have the jar if they want! But you can only have one.”

“For God’s sake stop telling us the things, ‘Doll!” Deadshot begged.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just caught up. Man, Gail freakin' rocks.

So do Deadshot and Catman BTW.

When people talk about the best things happening at DC these past few years, any sentence listing Johns and Morrison better mention Gail Simone right in there, and possibly even preceeding them at times.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gail has been doing a few interviews lately. She mentions getting an okay from DC about a Big project akin to these universe events of Grant’s and Geoff’s. I can’t wait for her to be an overnight sensation. Maybe it’s a G thing…
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Gail? G-string? [Hmmm?]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Simone and Tomasi. Both are turning in some tour de force stuff. I have read Morrison since DP, and while he can knock it out the park, he strikes out a good bit too.

Simone did some stellar stuff on BoP and legion, as well as Atom.

Tomasi brought Nightwing back from the dead, only to have it cut down, again.

Both of them should be on DC's "go to" list.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget about Gen13. I should've stopped buying after Gail left because I had like no idea what was going on.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonder Lad   Email Wonder Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoever suggested checking out S6 deserves a MAJOR thankyou from me. I went ahead and ordered #2, #3, & #4 (I buy my comics online), but have had problems tracking down #1. Anyway, I got them in the mail today and read them all straight through and I freaking love it! It's such dark humor and very serious all at the same time and the art... Wow! I'm definitely hooked (if only to see more half-naked Catman).
From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The last page of #5 contained one of the most... provocative images I've seen in a comic in years.

Anyone familiar with the Rodin sculpture "She Who Was the Helmet-Maker's Beautiful Wife"?

This is like that, only if the subject was on crack.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Wonder Lad:
Whoever suggested checking out S6 deserves a MAJOR thankyou from me. I went ahead and ordered #2, #3, & #4 (I buy my comics online), but have had problems tracking down #1. Anyway, I got them in the mail today and read them all straight through and I freaking love it! It's such dark humor and very serious all at the same time and the art... Wow! I'm definitely hooked (if only to see more half-naked Catman).

You're welcome! [Smile]

Glad you're on board. This is a title I recommend gladly because the work is strong enough to do all the work pulling in readers.

Rickshaw is right, Gail can do no wrong. Too bad she has the same problem Geoff Johns does--when she leaves a book, DC can't find a suitable replacement and they quickly sink (BoP post-Gail was relatively horrible).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding the last page, i'll say the same thing i would to Anjolie....EAT SOMETHING!

The platinum blonde on the other hand...hot! Deadly and curvy. If only she had red hair, [LOL]

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Now now, that's very bad manners...

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

rickshaw1
Leader

Well, i am the Resident Cranky Poster.

That makes me cranky.

--------------------

Something pithy!

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Deadshot's probably the best choice of a POV character on the team. He's the least messed in the head.

Gail said she feels Bane has potential, I'm looking forward to his exploration more.

I think Ragdoll's would be too creepy to understand.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#8- Another entertaining issue- this one involving a double-date, a bet, a couple of eyeballs, white-supremicist gangbangers, and a 'Tiny Titans' style look at one of the Secret Sixers.

The story's almost beside the point for this title, which isn't to say that the plots are inconsequential-- they aren't. But the art and the characterization are so strong, that almost any story featuring them's bound to look good.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.